Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Covid-45

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sad that you have to put your latest ignorant anti-Trump rant next to a death toll --- shows you don't really care about the deaths, just hate for Trump.
    For someone who claims not to be a Trumpster, you sure do hate you some those anti-Trumpers, CP. Sort of like you hate those anti-christians. Not your fault though, I just found out you're nothing but a wind-up toy. Romans 9:14-24.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The death toll is bad enough without some OMB TDSer trying to score political points.
    And yet almost all of your scorn is reserved for criticism of the so-called president, rather than the officials and behavior that have led to the deaths of more than a hundred thousand people - people you're keen on pretending you care about.
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    And yet almost all of your scorn is reserved for criticism of the so-called president,
    You need to think that part through.

rather than the officials and behavior that have led to the deaths of more than a hundred thousand people -
    I'm not one of the emotionally unstable s who have to always play the blame game.

people you're keen on pretending you care about.
    Just because I don't go on some psychotic rant doesn't mean I don't care, genius.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And yet almost all of your scorn is reserved for criticism of the so-called president, rather than the officials and behavior that have led to the deaths of more than a hundred thousand people - people you're keen on pretending you care about.

. . . over 150,000
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    . . . over 150,000
    Yes I know. My number was lower than that because I assume we'd have had deaths even with a competent president. Even Hillary wouldn't have been able to keep the virus out of the country completely...
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes I know. My number was lower than that because I assume we'd have had deaths even with a competent president. Even Hillary wouldn't have been able to keep the virus out of the country completely...
    Your correct. no one can defeat nor stop the COVID-19, not the Chinese, the Mayor of New York, Trump, th Prime Minister of England, the PResident of Brazil, nor Hilary if she was elected, The COVID-19 does what viruses do and take a natural path of infection of the host population. What other did was proactively and aggressively deal with the pandemic, and reduced the fatalities particularly in the older and vulnerable population. Without competent leadership the USA, Great Britian and Brazil failed miserably, and the COVID-19 pandemic went virtually unchecked in the USA without any vaccines nor effective treatments.
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

7. Amen Whateverman amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Source: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/07/31/florida-reports-record-increase-in-covid-19-deaths-for-fourth-day-in-a-row/24578644/

Florida reports record increase in COVID-19 deaths for fourth day in a row
    Thomson Reuters
    THOMSON REUTERS

(Reuters) - Florida reported a record increase in new COVID-19 deaths for a fourth day in a row on Friday, with 257 fatalities in the last 24 hours, according to the state health department.

In numerical terms, the loss of life is roughly equivalent to the number of passengers on a single-aisle airplane.

Florida also reported 9,007 new cases, bringing its total infections to over 470,000, the second highest in the country behind California. Florida's total death toll rose to nearly 7,000, the eighth highest in the nation, according to a Reuters tally.

Florida is among at least 18 states that saw cases more than double in July.

© Copyright Original Source

Frank

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/health/ohio-church-coronavirus-spread/index.html

Almost 100 people in Ohio were infected with coronavirus after man attended church service
    By Steve Almasy, CNN

Updated 3:04 AM ET, Thu August 6, 2020

(CNN)A man with Covid-19 went to church in mid-June, then 91 other people got sick, including 53 who were at the service, according to Ohio's governor.

"It spread like wildfire, wildfire. Very, very scary," Gov. MIke De Wine said Tuesday. "We know that our faith-based leaders want nothing more than to protect those who come to worship."

To illustrate how one infected person can spread the virus, state health officials released a color graphic showing how the cases radiated to some who weren't even at the service.
    DeWine urged people attending religious services to wear masks. He had mandated wearing face coverings for people 10 and older on July 22. On Wednesday, he ordered children in schools to wear masks, with a few exceptions.

The governor said he was going to send letters to churches, mosques and synagogues to share important health information.
    "It is vital that, any time people gather together, everyone wear masks, practice social distancing, wash hands, and while indoors, making sure there is good ventilation and airflow," he said.

© Copyright Original Source

Frank

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I didn't say the COVID deaths weren't bad. I was just saying comparing them to 9/11 was nothing but drama queenery.

And it's "cynical" not "synical"
    Spelling does not change the meaning nor the peoblem.

0ver 160.000 deaths is nor 'drama queenery,' and the present average over 1,000 per day for over two weeks.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-08-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Frank

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    0ver 160.000 deaths is nor 'drama queenery,' and the present average over 1,000 per day for over two weeks.
    Yup. That's roughly five 9/11s.

Where's the outrage?