Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Smithsonian: You Are Racist If...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Nah, your attempt to reframe what you did doesn't wash, pal. Your hypocrisy and self-righteousness is such that you can't even acknowledge what you have done. Sad.

Asking questions and trying to establish just exactly what did happen = 'racism', according to oxmixmudd.

Not immediately assuming racism on the part of the McMichaels, and pointing out some less than optimal choices made by Arbery = 'racism', according to oxmixmudd.

You prejudged the facts and the rights and wrongs of the parties in that case based solely on their respective skin colours. The McMichaels were racist killers, and Arbery a completely inncocent man, in your view, before any analysis of the facts - indeed, before many of the facts were even known. That's textbook racial profiling / discrimination. You are the one struggling with racist tendencies, not anyone else.

You are the one who attacked other posters, from the outset of the discussion, for daring to doubt the racist narrative you were pushing. You were the one who accused others of being racist, and of speaking on behalf of demons, simply because they wanted to themselves establish the facts of the matter.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

But of course, you still hold the moral high ground, and were only pointing out other's faults for the sole purpose of helping them.

You can't cope when someone does the same to you - like SeanD, or MM, or me; and suggests that there are some things you yourself might need to work on, too.

Next you'll be crying about how people here attack you so viciously, completely forgetting just how vicious your own many and repeated attacks - including broad brushing everyone who might disagree with you on some matter as morally evil - are.
    I attacked the evil of racism as it was displayed on these pages. And while I hoped for better for your sakes, I can expect no less than others before me who have fought that fight.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Stop being a Snowflake? How about stop associating yourself with those that fought to keep slaves?
      No, because he is more than that...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Unfortunately however, he is defined by that. And as long as he is your avatar, so are you.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Broad brush yes, but a correct broad brush.

It recognizes the general statistical situation in America. It is not talking about specific individuals but rather the average situation across the country.

Do you realize you are implying that it's ok, the norm, not something harmful to be changed but something that must just be accepted?
          Yet other races like Asians and Indians do very well, and are beginning to, economically, do better than whites. How is that possible?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Unfortunately however, he is defined by that. And as long as he is your avatar, so are you.
            No you define him that way because you are a horrible person. Remember he was a brother in Christ.

Comment

No, I'm not. Just like I'm not racist and have stood strong against it in its many forms seen here in these pages. I can expect no less than to be trashed by those that would prefer I be silenced. And I'll accept it with honor. Others have suffered far worse in their efforts to stand against racism in America. Some have paid with their lives.
              And now we get the wounded puppy routine where you realize you went too far and try to walk it back by playing the victim.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And now we get the wounded puppy routine where you realize you went too far and try to walk it back by playing the victim.
                Not even close MM. And I'm not walking anything back. The racist stereotypes and thrust in the Arbery thread was truly disgusting. Your attempts to get revenge against me for calling that out by casting aspersions on who I am is just what evil does when its deeds are exposed.

Comment

Not even close MM. And I'm not walking anything back. The racist stereotypes and thrust in the Arbery thread was truly disgusting. Your attempts to get revenge against me for calling that out by casting aspersions on who I am is just what evil does when its deeds are exposed.
                  I really hope you're a happier and more content person in real life, because the way you come across on this forum is that of someone who wears a perpetual scowl and angrily barks at anybody who walks into the room.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I really hope you're a happier and more content person in real life, because the way you come across on this forum is that of someone who wears a perpetual scowl and angrily barks at anybody who walks into the room.
                    So, since you cant deal with the information and the points made, you are now going to complain because I'm not cheerful enough?

Comment

Grow up, stop being a snowflake, remember Lee was welcomed back into the Union as a citizen. He was a great general and a devout Christian.
                      Being a devout Christian does not help his case for leading the largest Confederate Army in the traitorous rebellion against the United States in support of States rights to preserve the institution of slavery. All the lands owned by Robert E. Lee were confiscated His home and property in Virginia was turned into a Union cemetery.

All Confederate soldiers and officers were restored to citizenship in the United States.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-18-2020, 05:10 PM.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Yes, he was a traitor supporting rebellion against the United States resulting in the death of 618,222 casualties.

Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=civil+war+deaths&oq=Cilil+War&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l7.7638j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

618,222 men died in the Civil War from the North 360,222 and 258,000 from the South — by far the greatest toll of any war in American history.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-18-2020, 05:07 PM.
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Being a devout Christian does not help his case for leading the largest Confederate Army in the traitorous rebellion against the United States in support of States rights to preserve the institution of slavery. All the lands owned by Robert E. Lee were confiscated His home and property in Virginia was turned into a Union cemetery.

All Confederate soldiers and officers were restored to citizenship in the United States.
                          Hey idiot, it was the North that invaded the South without any Constitutional justification.

Comment

Hey idiot, it was the North that invaded the South without any Constitutional justification.
                            That is a typical racist Confederate answer in support of the preservation of slavery in the name of state rights.. Save your Confederate money. The Confederates attacked Union forts and Fort Sumter first. Rebellion to secede from a nation has always been against international laws unless both parties agree. The South fired the first shoot. This has been the subject of many threads. Nonetheless the United States considered him a traitor an confiscated his property for Union cemetery. He may have been personally pardoned, but that does not negate the facts of history.

The Constitution supports the preservation of the Union with no provision for states leaving the Union. Yes, some countries have provisions in their Constitution for how states may leave the Union.

No Nation in history has 'just allowed' a state to secede unless it is in their Constitution and they agree to separation.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-18-2020, 05:55 PM.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              That is a typical racist Confederate answer in support of the preservation of slavery in the name of state rights.. Save your Confederate money. The Confederates attacked Union forts and Fort Sumter first. Rebellion to secede from a nation has always been against international laws unless both parties agree. The South fired the first shoot. This has been the subject of many threads. Nonetheless the United States considered him a traitor an confiscated his property for Union cemetery. He may have been personally pardoned, but that does not negate the facts of history.
                              The Constitution supports the preservation of the Union with no provision for states leaving the Union. Yes, some countries have provisions in their Constitution for how states may leave the Union.
                              Fort Sumter was on Southern ground. the North was asked to leave more than once. And what international law that was in effect back then? Again there is NO Constitutional justification for what North did - period. If there is point it out.

Comment

Fort Sumter was on Southern ground. the North was asked to leave more than once. And what international law that was in effect back then? Again there is NO Constitutional justification for what North did - period. If there is point it out.
                                Fort Sumter was Union property a part of the Union as all Southern states by their agreement to Constitution. Union forces will not consent to leave Union property.

Again and again . . . The Constitution supports the preservation of the Union with no provision for states leaving the Union. Yes, some countries have provisions in their Constitution for how states may leave the Union.

No Nation in history has 'just allowed' a state to secede unless it is in their Constitution and they agree to separation.
                                Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-18-2020, 06:09 PM.

Frank

Comment