Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Record sales for recent anti-Trump books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record sales for recent anti-Trump books

Two weeks ago, John Bolton's book "The Room Where It Happened" sold more than 780,000 copies in the first week. I thought that was an impressive figure, but Mary Trump's book sold over 950,000 copies in the first DAY of sales.

By way of comparison, Donald Trump's book "The Art of the Deal" has sold a total of 1.1 million copies since it came out in 1987.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

I'd be curious to hear from from the resident loyalists why they believe Trump did something so stupid as to pointlessly attempt to muzzle MT, which of course not only failed but massively hyped up her book.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      Two weeks ago, John Bolton's book "The Room Where It Happened" sold more than 780,000 copies in the first week. I thought that was an impressive figure, but Mary Trump's book sold over 950,000 copies in the first DAY of sales.

By way of comparison, Donald Trump's book "The Art of the Deal" has sold a total of 1.1 million copies since it came out in 1987.
      I mean, the description of Cheeto-Boy's Autobiography sounds like it's just him kissing his own butt about how great it is. Unless you're into Biographies, Auto or Otherwise, that doesn't have much general appeal.

A pair of books obviously setting out to tear down a polarizing figure like Trump and/or expose him as some kind of threat to humanity, on the other hand... given the wonderful Crab Bucket mindset a lot of folks have, whether the contents of said books are valid or not, that's the kind of stuff that sells like munchies on April 20th.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        I'd be curious to hear from from the resident loyalists why they believe Trump did something so stupid as to pointlessly attempt to muzzle MT, which of course not only failed but massively hyped up her book.
        I'd too would love to hear this explained away.

Comment

Makes sense to me. Trump writing about himself (I'm sure it's ghost written) is a bore. Who wants to read from him boasting about himself? About how he makes "deals"? Blech. Where's the audience?

Alleged "tell all" books that air dirty laundry are basically tabloids in book form, and they attract a larger audience. Predictable, I should think.

globe.jpg

Comment

One question is how many organizations are buying large number of books. These organizations may support the publisher without having actual people reading these copies. I think I have heard this being common for presidential biographies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Makes sense to me. Trump writing about himself (I'm sure it's ghost written) is a bore. Who wants to read from him boasting about himself? About how he makes "deals"? Blech. Where's the audience?

Alleged "tell all" books that air dirty laundry are basically tabloids in book form, and they attract a larger audience. Predictable, I should think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46750[/ATTACH]
              I'm old enough to remember when having a named source was considered the gold standard. Oh, how long ago last week seems.

Comment

If it smells it sells.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  I'm old enough to remember when having a named source was considered the gold standard. Oh, how long ago last week seems.
                  People who want to keep their jobs (employment over feigned patriotism) and remain "reputable" will hide from the limelight. People who want to be famous and have a reality TV show want the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46750[/ATTACH]
                    Not to mention that during the Obamessiah's reign, books bashing him were always on the top seller list. Way out selling his fake autobiography.

The same thing happened during George W's and Clinton's Administrations.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      I'd too would love to hear this explained away.
                      No need to "explain it away" just like one doesn't have to explain away why water on a sidewalk dries up on a sunny day. It is pretty much what is to be expected. Happened during the previous administrations as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        If it smells it sells.
                        If it bleeds it leads.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe liberals have a greater desire for gossip?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Maybe liberals have a greater desire for gossip?
                            Hope springs eternal. They are hoping that THIS [current tabloid trash] will be what brings down Trump!

Comment

Mary Trump's work is a good read - the sins of the fathers etc.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment