Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Covid is not the flu ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid is not the flu ...

This article on CNN focuses on an aspect of covid that is becoming far clearer now than in the early days of the disease. Long term and persistent debilitating illness can come with this disease in the 20% or so that have serious response to the infection. Chronic debilitating fatigue, relapses, permanent lung damage, neurological symptoms including impaired cognitive function. Covid is not 'just a flu'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/healt...ess/index.html
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    This article on CNN focuses on an aspect of covid that is becoming far clearer now than in the early days of the disease. Long term and persistent debilitating illness can come with this disease in the 20% or so that have serious response to the infection. Chronic debilitating fatigue, relapses, permanent lung damage, neurological symptoms including impaired cognitive function. Covid is not 'just a flu'

Anyone who's chosen to pay attention to the pandemic knows by now that it's a few orders of magnitude more-dangerous than what we call "the flu".

For those who've chosen not to pay attention, this article will have as much of an impact as all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Anyone who's chosen to pay attention to the pandemic knows by now that it's a few orders of magnitude more-dangerous than what we call "the flu".

For those who've chosen not to pay attention, this article will have as much of an impact as all the rest.
      One can always have hope
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

One can always have hope
        Every dark tunnel has a light at the end. Unfortunately hundreds of thousands of Americans won't see the light.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

And they are continuing to learn more about the virus such as how it effects children. In Florida, 31% of all those tested under the age of 18 have tested positive and even without symptoms there appears to be lung damage which could be debilitating in the future. This news comes at a time when they want to open the schools back up. What a disaster.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/over-3...ovid-19-report

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            And they are continuing to learn more about the virus such as how it effects children. In Florida, 31% of all those tested under the age of 18 have tested positive and even without symptoms there appears to be lung damage which could be debilitating in the future. This news comes at a time when they want to open the schools back up. What a disaster.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/over-3...ovid-19-report
            And those here, which represent similar opinions found in the 30% of america that are Trump's base. Do not care or simply do not believe the medical evidence and findings this story highlights. Our average new cases/day are over 60,000 now. That is 6,000,000 more people with covid in 100 days. At a mortality of 1% that is 60,000 more dead in 100 days but our mortality for diagnosed cases is currently above 7%. Assuming a continued drop in mortality, that is another nearly 200,000 deaths in 100 days if we do not act to stop the spread. And If it continues to grow like it is now, it will be 100,000 /day by early august.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-18-2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

And those here, which represent similar opinions found in the 30% of america that are Trump's base. Do not care or simply do not believe the medical evidence and findings this story highlights. Our average new cases/day are over 60,000 now. That is 6,000,000 more people with covid in 100 days. At a mortality of 1% that is 60,000 more dead in 100 days but our mortality for diagnosed cases is currently above 7%. Assuming a continued drop in mortality, that is another nearly 200,000 deaths in 100 days if we do not act to stop the spread. And If it continues to grow like it is now, it will be 100,000 /day by early august.
              Yeah, I don't get it,I really don't. It's got to be a psychological thing. I think their minds just won't allow them to accept the facts of any issue if it's in any way connected with and perhaps politically detrimental to, the scoundrel they put in the White House. Honestly, I think that some here would rather give up their democracy than to open their eyes and see Trump for who he really is.
              Last edited by JimL; 07-18-2020, 10:38 PM.

Comment