Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Legal issues wrt portland (and other proposed) DHS incursions into Democratic Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'll play!!!

1) Were federal agents operating incognito?
    They obviously are NOT, as they are wearing their agency shoulder patch, and the whole world knows who they are.
    If the question is "why do we not personally identify each officer by name", it's a ludicrous question.

2) Whose van is that?
    What a DUMB question.
    What does it matter? The fact that marked police vehicles are being vandalized, attacked, set on fire --- would YOU want to drive a marked police vehicle into that area?

3) What are people being arrested for?
    Apparently, the police are attempting to disrupt command and control, and remove the instigators.
    They appear to be detained for questioning, and in the case of the one allegedly "kidnapped", was searched, questioned and released

4) How far from federal property are federal agents operating?
    Again, what does it matter?
    How far are people coming from to attack the federal building?
    How far do they run away after attempting to burn down the federal building?
    Is there some 'legal distance' the officers need to stay within?
    "Federal Agents" have jurisdiction in all 50 states, and all of each state's counties or parishes.

5) What are the individuals being told about the reasons for their detainment?
    This is beginning to look like "What other questions can I ask to try to make this scary.

6) Who invited the feds into Portland in the first place?
    When you get pulled over for speeding, who invited the officer to your driver window?
    If the mayor and governor had been doing their job, federal officers would not need to be involved at all

There needs to be a 7th question just to make it more biblical.

7) Why were the mayor and governor so derelict in their duties that they could not manage this problem themselves?
    Now, to be perfectly clear, I don't like this AT ALL, and there are some good questions and observations in the article.

HOWEVER ---- why are they not asking question #7 above?
    Has there been any public statement yet?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      But... but... don't you care about federal property and all the federal employees inside!
      We can evacuate them like we do our embassies in foreign lands when the locals get hostile (not counting when Hillary was in charge of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        We can evacuate them like we do our embassies in foreign lands when the locals get hostile (not counting when Hillary was in charge of course)
        No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          It's fun watching-wing fascist and self-described defenders of the US constitution - blame the unconstitutional wielding of federal law enforcement on Democrats.

One such individual reacted with hostility when I rejected his answer to the question of what conservatives value. He wrote the simple and complete answer is the constitution; when I said conservatives value more than that, he ended what had been a polite exchange up to that point.

Each and every conservative in this thread who ignores the unconstitutional nature of the DHS being used to break up and intimidate protests in Portland literally proves that I was right.
          Your passive aggression now has you thinking you "was right"?

First, you need to understand what undercover means. You also need to understand what the FBI and DHS are authorized by law to do.

Then, maybe you can pipe up about your rightness.

What you can't do is refute my claim that I believe the constitution is my standard. That is beyond you, no matter how much you whine about it.

Besides, someone like you would not like it if I said I follow the Bible to rule over your atheist self. Inconceivable!

Comment

It's fun watching-wing fascist
            You might wanna try that one again.

and self-described defenders of the US constitution -
            I don't believe I ever "self-described" that way, but, yeah, guilty.

blame the unconstitutional wielding of federal law enforcement on Democrats.
            Well, if it is, indeed, unconstitutional, I'll oppose it. Meanwhile, it's a fact that the Democrat mayor and governor of Portland have allowed that city to descend into chaos.

One such individual reacted with hostility when I rejected his answer to the question of what conservatives value.
            The CAD!!!! Reacted with hostility to YOU? Unthinkable.

He wrote the simple and complete answer is the constitution; when I said conservatives value more than that, he ended what had been a polite exchange up to that point.

Each and every conservative in this thread who ignores the unconstitutional nature of the DHS being used to break up and intimidate protests in Portland literally proves that I was right.
            Spoken like a true admirer of chaos.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
              Your passive aggression now has you thinking you "was right"?
              There's nothing passive aggressive about being right

I was right, too, and this thread shows why.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                Has there been any public statement yet?
                Public statement of?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Going on a little hissy rant and declaring "I was right" doesn't make you right.

You sound like the guys on death row in Huntsville declaring "I am INNOCENT".

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    I doubt you'd find disagreement from him or me on your final point. But the fact you call him 'cato man' just, as with CP, shows how ignorant you are (and how futile it is to try to use reason to change your position).
                    Really? That is your complaint?
                    Is he embarresed to be called CATO man?

If he called me twebber, should I become verklempt?

I can think of no one more ignorant than a man watching TV and gathering questions like "why do they have a van?" A little hyperbolic, but that is the way of the internet.

I am ok thinking leftists would rather burn the town down then listen to reason. Mainly because it is true for many leftist leaders, and when cops try to crack down, and leftists start blaming the cops, then I know I am on solid ground.

Since you seem to agree that we should round up these violent idiots, it doesn't sound like the above applies to you like it does with the atheist in this thread.

Comment

Clutch that pearl man. You have a cultered pearl, it's not natural.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        The point is to address the points made by the author, not to continue to pretend this is all the Democrats fault.
                        I took the time to answer all the questions posed (Post #3), and you come up with THIS crap?

You don't want answers, Jim - all you want to do is rail against Trump. OrangeManBad!

Comment

Here's a little gem from the OP's cite, which is, by the way, an OPINION piece.... [bolding same as in the OP]

What the federal agents are not wearing

So, for example, while complaining that the Federal Police [note - not SECRET police] were not wearing name plates, or their personal names on their uniforms, he continues to admit (in a "isn't this spooky" kind of way) that "federal law enforcers" are not required, as a rule, to wear them!

Think about that --- these guys and gals deal with drug cartels, mafia bosses, crime lords, gangs..... and the left is whining that they should have their personal information displayed for all the world to see.

So, the OP unwittingly debunks another false claim - that they should have been wearing name tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                            Clutch that pearl man.
                            You being wrong?

It's not that important to me, but as long as you keep talking about it, I probably will too.

Comment

Let me get this right, should we stop defending the Federal Buildings and let the mob destroy them. Is that what you leftists want?
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Let me get this right, should we stop defending the Federal Buildings and let the mob destroy them. Is that what you leftists want?
                                I think they hate Trump so much that they can't even see this is a lose/lose for them. Or, maybe the "sacrifice" of the Federal buildings is worth it to them to hope that federal forces come in and make so much trouble that Trump will get blamed.

The MSM is certainly complicit in minimizing the anarchists ("peaceful protesters") and maximizing any possible problem with the federal officers. We even have one Twebber who angrily declares the federal officers "Bozos".

The lefties here are playing along, minimizing the crisis, and maximizing the "intrusion" by federal officers.

[sorry, Leon - the "EXTREME lefties", not "the lefties"]

Comment