Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The king of fake news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Since you are accusing me of being spiritually blind and rebelling against God [..blah blah blah ..]
    Your understanding of proper exegesis is as limited as your understanding of science.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Since you are accusing me of being spiritually blind and rebelling against God (you did read the context of that verse, right?) then why don't you open my eyes and explain how this is deceptive:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46987[/ATTACH]

I look forward to your next reply, which will no doubt be sober and enlightening.
      Are you really that dense, MM? The thugs, the rioters in the image, are the Ukrainian "secret police," not the citizen protesters. The same is true in the current situation in Portland. The thugs, the causers of the heightened violence, is the Presidents "secret police" force. Trump is on the side of the thugs, the thugs that he sent to Portland in order to instigate more violence, more chaos, so that he can campaign as the law and order president ala Nixon who employed the same tactics in 1968. It worked for tricky Dick in 68, it didn't work for the Russian puppet in 2014 Ukraine, and I don't suspect it will work for the Russian puppet in the 2020 White House.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Who invented the phrase: 'Fake News?'
        Apparently back in 2014 BuzzFeed News media editor Craig Silverman coined the term.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          Indeed.

You might even say that in Trump's ad, he's the one who represents chaos and violence.
          Indeed. But as is clearly demonstrated in this very thread some Trump apologetics are always ready to twist and turn reality, sugar coat it and make sure that this is not going to be a stop sign to prove all their excuses, manipulations and all the presidents lies to be what it actually is. They can no longer live with the truth, so they celebrate the president of lies and pave the way for him to fool themselves and others.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by HamAndAiGs2
            Evangelicals for Trump appears to be a fake organization.
            Here is an example in which Evangelicals for Trump ask users to take "our Official Catholics for Trump Priorities Survey".

https://thewayofimprovement.com/2020...rities-survey/

"Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              Here is an example in which Evangelicals for Trump ask users to take "our Official Catholics for Trump Priorities Survey".

https://thewayofimprovement.com/2020...rities-survey/

Now that is funny...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Apparently back in 2014 BuzzFeed News media editor Craig Silverman coined the term.
                Brilliant! That info (Craig Silverman) is right in the 4th sentence of the article you're replying to.
                Last edited by rogue06; 07-23-2020, 12:44 PM. Reason: edited rather than quote -- original restored

Comment

Now that is funny...
                  Why?
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Can someone post the original ad so we can see it for ourselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Why?
                      If the "law & order vs chaos & violence" ad was fake news due to it using a misleading image (it was), then the same ad being endorsed by a supposedly Evangelical group which creates polls for Catholics is icing on the cake.

Comment

If the "law & order vs chaos & violence" ad was fake news due to it using a misleading image (it was), then the same ad being endorsed by a supposedly Evangelical group which creates polls for Catholics is icing on the cake.
                        Why? A lot of us Evangelicals have no problem with our Catholic brothers and sisters agreeing with us politically.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Why? A lot of us Evangelicals have no problem with our Catholic brothers and sisters agreeing with us politically.
                          I'll assume this is true. I think the reality is less Kumbaya than this, but in general, Evangelicals and Catholics probably have some common ground when it comes to conservatively political/policy issues.

In this context, though, we're talking about political ads on Facebook. They almost universally are not about exploring the specifics of political agreement. Instead, they're almost universally geared towards tribal reinforcement from the in-group. This is equally true of both Democrat / liberal & Republican / conservative FB ads.

An ad from "Evangelicals For Trump" which looks for opinions about Trump from Catholics - instead of from Evangelicals - is so obviously fake news that I honestly can't believe I have to explain why...

Comment

I'll assume this is true. I think the reality is less Kumbaya than this, but in general, Evangelicals and Catholics probably have some common ground when it comes to conservatively political/policy issues.

In this context, though, we're talking about political ads on Facebook. They almost universally are not about exploring the specifics of political agreement. Instead, they're almost universally geared towards tribal reinforcement from the in-group. This is equally true of both Democrat / liberal & Republican / conservative FB ads.

An ad from "Evangelicals For Trump" which looks for opinions about Trump from Catholics - instead of from Evangelicals - is so obviously fake news that I honestly can't believe I have to explain why...
                            That assumes there is no ad for Evangelicals, does it not?
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Can someone post the original ad so we can see it for ourselves?
                              I posted it earlier, and when I asked the peanut gallery to explain what was deceptive about it, all I got were sneers and jeers and no substantive response. I think it's just another case of "Trump did it, so it must be bad even if we can't explain why" delusional thinking from the TDS crowd.
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 07-23-2020, 11:29 AM.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by HamAndAiGs2
                                Evangelicals for Trump appears to be a fake organization.
                                Having taken a look at the sources you've provided to support that claim, I have no choice but to agree.

(Yes, I'm being sarcastic.)
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment