Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The king of fake news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I posted it earlier, and when I asked the peanut gallery to explain what was deceptive about it, all I got were sneers and jeers and no substantive response. I think it's just another case of "Trump did it, so it must be bad even if we can't explain why" delusional thinking from the TDS crowd.
    That was the ad? LOL. I thought it was supposed to be some video.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      That assumes there is no ad for Evangelicals, does it not?
      No. Why would it?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Apparently back in 2014 BuzzFeed News media editor Craig Silverman coined the term.
        Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Brilliant! That info (Craig Silverman) is right in the 4th sentence of the article you're replying to.
        Perhaps you should tell shuny, who I was responding to and who was claiming that it was Trump
        Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Who invented the phrase: 'Fake News?' He not only invented it. He is the overwheling source of 'Fake News.'

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by HamAndAiGs2
          The ad says it was sponsored by Trump. That means it's not a third party organization.
          And?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by HamAndAiGs2
            It's not an organic third party organization.
            And?

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop that will justify the premise of this thread that the ad is somehow "fake news".

Comment

Are you really that dense, MM? The thugs, the rioters in the image, are the Ukrainian "secret police," not the citizen protesters. The same is true in the current situation in Portland. The thugs, the causers of the heightened violence, is the Presidents "secret police" force. Trump is on the side of the thugs, the thugs that he sent to Portland in order to instigate more violence, more chaos, so that he can campaign as the law and order president ala Nixon who employed the same tactics in 1968. It worked for tricky Dick in 68, it didn't work for the Russian puppet in 2014 Ukraine, and I don't suspect it will work for the Russian puppet in the 2020 White House.
              I would agree that the ad was deceptive if it made any specific reference to the protests and riots in the US, but it doesn't. This is one of the most weak sauce Orange man bad threads I've seen here yet.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                I would agree that the ad was deceptive if it made any specific reference to the protests and riots in the US, but it doesn't. This is one of the most weak sauce Orange man bad threads I've seen here yet.
                Perhaps that's because you're paying close attention. Many people will see that ad and just assume it's american protesters beating on cops. That's the kind of image Trump wants to display. But it's also ironic, because, just like Trumps stormtroopers in Portland, it's the Ukrainian cops in the ad that are the bad guys.
                Last edited by JimL; 07-23-2020, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                  Many people will see that ad and just assume it's american protesters beating on cops.
                  So... you consider it deceptive based on your own unproven assumption about what you think other people might assume?

Alrighty then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    So... you consider it deceptive based on your own unproven assumption about what you think other people might assume?
                    Yep!

Comment

Perhaps that's because you're paying close attention. Many people will see that ad and just assume it's american protesters beating on cops. That's the kind of image Trump wants to display. But it's also ironic, because, just like Trumps stormtroopers in Portland, it's the Ukrainian cops in the ad that are the bad guys.
                      Pretty sure we have examples of peaceful protestors beating on cops, so what you are really upset about is an ad that reminds people of peaceful protestors beating on cops.

I have seen not a single white suit, and not a single blaster strike against the rebel forces.

If stormtroopers upset you, just wait till you see the power of a fully operational battle droid. Frightened you will be.

Comment

Perhaps you should tell shuny, who I was responding to and who was claiming that it was Trump
                        Trump claimed it was Trump

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Trump claimed it was Trump
                          And you have always believed every thing he says -- or is it just when it suits you?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                            Pretty sure we have examples of peaceful protestors beating on cops, so what you are really upset about is an ad that reminds people of peaceful protestors beating on cops.
                            By "pretty sure,'" do you mean to say you have no idea?
                            I have seen not a single white suit, and not a single blaster strike against the rebel forces.
                            Speak plainly, please.
                            If stormtroopers upset you, just wait till you see the power of a fully operational battle droid. Frightened you will be.
                            Okay, Darth, love it when you guys reveal your true selves.

Comment

And you have always believed every thing he says -- or is it just when it suits you?
                              Mirror, mirror on the wall whose the biggest projectionest of them all?

Comment

By "pretty sure,'" do you mean to say you have no idea?

Speak plainly, please.

Okay, Darth, love it when you guys reveal your true selves.
                                Using "storm troopers" is a way for you to feel better about the bad orange man, I understand.

Real storm troopers exist in the fervent minds of leftist graspers, you grasp for a term that is satisfying, right?

FYI: Storm Troopers wear white, they have weapons called blasters, they work diligently against the rebel forces.

And if you have not seen cops beaten and attacked by "peaceful protestors", then you have very selective news gathering.

Comment