Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How do you attempt to rationalise with the completely irrational?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Are you nuts?
    No, and my post was just as sane as yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      No, and my post was just as sane as yours.
      Well no, the left hates free speech (speech codes, cancel culture, political correctness - a Maoist ideal) - just like the Communists do. BLM was founded by self proclaim Marxists, critical race theory which has its early origins in neo-Marxism is spreading in leftist circles. The fact that our Universities are littered with Communist professors, etc... Never mind the Communist/left's hatred of religion. Yes they are fellow travelers.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Well no, the left hates free speech (speech codes, cancel culture, political correctness - a Maoist ideal) - just like the Communists do. BLM was founded by self proclaim Marxists, critical race theory which has its early origins in neo-Marxism is spreading in leftist circles. The fact that our Universities are littered with Communist professors, etc... Never mind the Communist/left's hatred of religion. Yes they are fellow travelers.
        And they were clever enough to wrap it in black skin so that anybody who opposed it is RACIST!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, I thunder-fingered it.

I remember when you could go into Walmart and you could see all kinds of "made in USA" stuff, then came the "cheaper" campaign, and so much stuff was made in China.

Same with Shark Tank - I used to enjoy that, but so many of the contestants (applicants?) were told, "you need to increase your profit margin by moving production to China...."
          The Ferengi Business Model seems standard.

Business will sniff out the lowest sourcing, it's up to government to put brakes on. Seems no liberals want to defund China.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
            The Ferengi Business Model seems standard.

Business will sniff out the lowest sourcing, it's up to government to put brakes on. Seems no liberals want to divest from China until the repent.
            Unless and until sufficient numbers of consumers vote with their pocketbook. I don't think there's near the "Buy American" sentiment as there used to be.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And they were clever enough to wrap it in black skin so that anybody who opposed it is RACIST!!!!
              Yep, back in the 60s they realized that they could not shove Marxism down the throats of Americans so the went the social justice route. It was a smart move, but it comes down to the ultimate control of the population.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Unless and until sufficient numbers of consumers vote with their pocketbook. I don't think there's near the "Buy American" sentiment as there used to be.
                Nowadays that is simply a talking point to do the opposite, right?

Trump says we need to crack down on China, buy American. Orange man bad. Liberals end up supporting China because if orange man say it, we oppose it, trump is xenophobic racist.

Which brings to mind the idea of discussions with irrational people.
                Last edited by Maranatha; 07-24-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Well no, the left hates free speech (speech codes, cancel culture, political correctness - a Maoist ideal) - just like the Communists do.
                  The right loves silencing political opinions they dislike (support for the firing of white hose officials who criticize Drumpf, support for the re-imprisonment of Michael Cohen, etc). They also love Russia - just like the Communists do)

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  BLM was founded by self proclaim Marxists, critical race theory which has its early origins in neo-Marxism is spreading in leftist circles. The fact that our Universities are littered with Communist professors, etc... Never mind the Communist/left's hatred of religion. Yes they are fellow travelers.
                  Blah blah blah, more hatred of the US constitution; more love of the undermining of American values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                    Nowadays that is simply a talking point to do the opposite, right?

Trump says we need to crack down on China. Orange man bad. Liberals end up supporting China because if orange man say it, we oppose it.
                    Just like OMB is able to single handedly make the liberals defend anarchy and chaos, and call it "peaceful protesting".

Comment

The right loves silencing political opinions....
                      irony meter.jpg

Comment

The right loves silencing political opinions they dislike (support for the firing of white hose officials who criticize Drumpf, support for the re-imprisonment of Michael Cohen, etc). They also love Russia - just like the Communists do)
                        The things I listed are fact. We had a support the police rally in my town recently, about 250-300 people, with about 20 counter protesters.They were treated with respect, I posted a picture here of me shaking the hand of one of them. So here is my test - get a MAGA hat and go to one of these leftists rallies and see what happens - you will have your answer. Who supports free speech and who doesn't.

Blah blah blah, more hatred of the US constitution; more love of the undermining of American values.
                        Obviously facts bother you.

Comment

The things I listed are fact.
                          As are the things I listed.

We had a support the police rally in my town recently, about [...]
                          Your anecdotes don't prove leftists love communism more than rightists. Indeed, the way you rightists apologize for Russia is downright unAmerican

Obviously facts bother you.
                          Obviously, you're addicted to projection.

Comment

As are the things I listed.
                            But that is not a movement, the things I listed are.

Your anecdotes don't prove leftists love communism more than rightists. Indeed, the way you rightists apologize for Russia is downright unAmerican
                            I don't even like Russia, we know the founders of BLM are Marxists for instance. And go a head try my experiment and see what will happen. You know what will happen.

Comment

Well I certainly believe that there is a sinister force in the world, the Devil and his minions...
                              And there you go, Hypatia!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                This QAnon consipiracy is too convoluted and boring to keep my interest.
                                I haven't seen anything to make me think it's anything other than guesswork, and it's mostly not even good guesses.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment