Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Which is why I would love you to believe in Christ as Savior. I get no greater Joy.
    I have many gods and saviors; today she is Anne Applebaum.
    I have a Polish colleague, devout Catholic, who has a foot in the other side, and disapproves of my choice.
    We take to the gods that suit us.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      I have many gods and saviors; today she is Anne Applebaum.
      Another Commie?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        I don't buy it.
        https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_...ef_monahan.htm

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. USPP officers and other assisting law enforcement partners did not use tear gas or OC Skat Shells to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

These were NOT peaceful protestors. That is a myth that the MSM is putting forth. and continues to put forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_...ef_monahan.htm

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officersÂ’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. USPP officers and other assisting law enforcement partners did not use tear gas or OC Skat Shells to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed.

These were NOT peaceful protestors. That is a myth that the MSM is putting forth. and continues to put forth.
          That's because FOXNEWS et al don't show you the thousands of peaceful protesters, they only show you the fires, the graffiti and the tear gas and chaos caused by the stormtroopers who are there for that very purpose to escalate the violence so that Trump can run a law and order campaign the same way Nixon did it in 1969.

Comment

I believe they were simply being asked to move. Do you know otherwise?
            To move for what?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              That's because FOXNEWS et al don't show you the thousands of peaceful protesters,
              I don't think you'll find a single conservative on this board who is not FOR peaceful protests. I have been involved in quite a few myself.

they only show you the fires, the graffiti and the tear gas and chaos caused by the stormtroopers
              Wait, you're accusing the federal police of trying to burn down the federal building? And you think the federal police broke the windows on the federal buildings, and tried to burn down others, and wrote "F the Police" and "Kill all cops"?

who are there for that very purpose to escalate the violence so that Trump can run a law and order campaign the same way Nixon did it in 1969.
              Not surprising that you're promulgating nutty conspiracy theories.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think you'll find a single conservative on this board who is not FOR peaceful protests. I have been involved in quite a few myself.
                So, so long as there are infiltrators, or some protesters in the mix with bad intentions, there can never again be protests? That's a good way for the government to ban protests.

Wait, you're accusing the federal police of trying to burn down the federal building? And you think the federal police broke the windows on the federal buildings, and tried to burn down others, and wrote "F the Police" and "Kill all cops"?
                Nope, never said that.

Not surprising that you're promulgating nutty conspiracy theories.
                That's how authoritarians operate, CP. Nixon did the same in 1968.

Comment

That's because FOXNEWS et al don't show you the thousands of peaceful protesters, they only show you the fires, the graffiti and the tear gas and chaos caused by the stormtroopers who are there for that very purpose to escalate the violence so that Trump can run a law and order campaign the same way Nixon did it in 1969.
                  What does Foxnews have to do with it? That was the official press release from the Park Police themselves. The ones who were there?

Comment

So, so long as there are infiltrators, or some protesters in the mix with bad intentions, there can never again be protests? That's a good way for the government to ban protests.

Nope, never said that.

JimL, if you watch the videos, the police are not on the offensive, they are standing in lines defending a perimeter. They only react to attacks against them, or someone trying to break the perimeter. Any peaceful protestors who are not engaged in throwing bottles, firebombs, or trying to attack the police are not being accosted. If they want to stand next to someone who is attacking police, then they take on the risk of being hit by the same smoke bombs and pepper balls as the rioters.

If you want to show me a video of a peaceful protest, I am willing to bet you won't see the policed attacking anyone.

Comment

Anybody with half a brain can easily distinguish a peaceful protest from one where there is anarchy and mayhem in the immediate vicinity. IF they were truly "peaceful protesters", they wouldn't associate with the violent criminals.

Nope, never said that.
                      It's your incredibly childish and hate-filled manner of writing that invites criticism.

No, he didn't. Wasn't the same thing at all.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

JimL, if you watch the videos, the police are not on the offensive, they are standing in lines defending a perimeter. They only react to attacks against them, or someone trying to break the perimeter. Any peaceful protestors who are not engaged in throwing bottles, firebombs, or trying to attack the police are not being accosted. If they want to stand next to someone who is attacking police, then they take on the risk of being hit by the same smoke bombs and pepper balls as the rioters.

If you want to show me a video of a peaceful protest, I am willing to bet you won't see the policed attacking anyone.
                        A truly peaceful protester will not attempt to "protest" in the middle of, essentially, a war zone.

Comment

And we did not have to send in Federal police to most other towns that had riots because the local police protected Federal buildings. They refused to do so here - and remember the police were increased after the court house was attacked - not the other way around.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            And we did not have to send in Federal police to most other towns that had riots because the local police protected Federal buildings. They refused to do so here - and remember the police were increased after the court house was attacked - not the other way around.
                            And the reports that everything was peaceful before the federal police appeared is an outright lie.

Comment

And the reports that everything was peaceful before the federal police appeared is an outright lie.
                              Exactly!

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Exactly!
                                SUPPOSEDLY, an agreement was made between Trump's administration and the Oregon Governor to remove federal officers from the downtown area. This will be interesting to see.

Comment