Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This coming weekend is going to suck...

Seattle City Council ties cops' hands — so police chief is forced to tell business owners they're on their own against rioters

https://www.theblaze.com/news/seattl...ief-businesses
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Yes, the two situations are clearly the same.
      In a way, yes, they are. Both show the power just one man can possess.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        This coming weekend is going to suck...

Seattle City Council ties cops' hands — so police chief is forced to tell business owners they're on their own against rioters

https://www.theblaze.com/news/seattl...ief-businesses
        I have to take my son back to Redmond in 3 weeks for school. I'm literally scared to leave him there...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          I have to take my son back to Redmond in 3 weeks for school. I'm literally scared to leave him there...
          Distance learning?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

There could just have been ordinary silence from the conservatives. That would have been understood. The papers would have run with the story, and that would have been that. However instead you guys howled about it for months on end, and you're still gnashing your teeth about it in threads like this. And to me its just a guy making a small statement, and it made conservatives split their coats, and call for the cancellation of the NFL, and virtue signalling about how they've stopped watching a sport that doesn't matter.
            I never watched Football or much sports. I was upset because they were disrespecting the flag, and arguing about things is what we do here on theologyweb. People will argue about anything. same with facebook.

But you didn't see any police breaking up the protests, or feds surrounding football stadiums, or any conservatives starting riots over it. Because they were peaceful and they didn't destroy anything. It didn't mean we didn't think they were unpatriotic morons, or not want to disagree with them loudly on social media. Or even boycott NFL games (which is in itself a peaceful counter-protest)

Comment

That was about as peaceful a protest as you can get. I still don't understand why conservatives lost their minds about it.
              You'd have to ask a conservative who lost their mind over it, cause I certainly did not.

As well as being silent and peaceful, but apparently all it took for conservatives to go howling on this forum and across the internet was one guy not standing at the NFL. You talk about liberals being easily triggered, but that was ridiculous to watch.
              You're doing that thing, again, where you're assuming things that simply are not true, particularly in my case. As I said, I thought it was stupid, but America affords us the right to be stupid.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There could just have been ordinary silence from the conservatives.
                You mean, like censorship? Because the left can't tolerate a difference of opinion. We must ALL smile and nod and accept this "peaceful protest" without commentary?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Distance learning?
                  Unfortunately not possible. He has 6 classes. 5 are virtual, but 1 is a lab class. The lab is monstrous, so distancing won't be an issue.
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Seattle police release bodycam footage of violent protests as city strapped by lawless weekend

Police said 59 officers were injured and dozens of protesters arrested

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-p...ekend-protests

Comment

Seattle police release bodycam footage of violent protests as city strapped by lawless weekend

Police said 59 officers were injured and dozens of protesters arrested

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-p...ekend-protests
                      Gotta be wrong! These are very peaceful protests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Democrat Stosstrupp...

Comment

I suspect he knows that, but doesn't have the integrity to admit he's been wrong along.
                          I suspect you're not very good at mind reading. At least I don't knowingly defend and support a treasonous enemy to democracy.

Comment

Hey CP, you must be old enough to remember the civil rights protests of the 60"s, right. Do you remember the beatings those peaceful protesters got at the hands of the police? You know, like when John Lewis got his skull cracked open by the police for defiantly daring to walk over the Pettis bridge, the cops with their clubs and German shepards chasing and beating the protesters. They looked like riots, didn't they?. Certainly weren't peaceful. Was that what you'd call a peaceful protest, a protest that you would support? Were you in support of those cops as well, the way you're defending Trumps stormtroopers today?
                            Last edited by JimL; 07-27-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              I suspect you're not very good at mind reading.
                              A) I never claimed I was.
                              2) You'd have to actually have a mind worth reading.

At least I don't knowingly defend and support a treasonous enemy to democracy.
                              You keep repeating that lie, Jim. But you DO defend the actual anarchists who are out to destroy democracy, and you're too stupid to realize that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Hey CP, you must be old enough to remember the civil rights protests of the 60"s, right. Do you remember the beatings those peaceful protesters got at the hands of the police? You know, like when John Lewis got his skull cracked open by the police for defiantly daring to walk over the Pettis bridge, the cops with their clubs and German shepards chasing and beating the protesters. They looked like riots, didn't they?. Certainly weren't peaceful.
                                This is about the STUPIDEST argument you've ever made. The fact that they were not looting, rioting, burning down buildings acting like anarchists is EXACTLY why the actions of the authorities were so bad. They were the EPITOME of peaceful protesters.

Was that what you'd call a peaceful protest, a protest that you would support?
                                I would support those protesters, yes, because they weren't acting like a bunch of moronic anarchists.

Were you in support of those cops as well, the way you're defending Trumps stormtroopers today?
                                To compare the anarchists and arsonists you support with the peaceful protesters of the Civil Rights Era shows what a morally bankrupt moron you really are.

Comment