Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I'm not saying they were responsible for this particular incident because the article says nothing about that specific incident. But I think it's noteworthy in general. Do you think the police are just making it up?
    All I have is that article claiming the police said that. Why was there a black man among the white supremacists arrested?

Comment

Police in Richmond are saying that white supremacists are infiltrating protests to discredit BLM protests. There has been a lot of uninformed speculation about it but if the local police is now saying it, I'll generally take it seriously.

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2...-lives-matter/
      I wouldn't be surprised at all. Flies are, indeed, drawn to poop.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised at all. Flies are, indeed, drawn to poop.
        Anne's advice is to focus on things we all belong to, and that we can all support. We should work to diminish the polarization, and the echo chambers. Moderation in all things is my motto.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Police in Richmond are saying that white supremacists are infiltrating protests to discredit BLM protests. There has been a lot of uninformed speculation about it but if the local police is now saying it, I'll generally take it seriously.

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2...-lives-matter/

Source: https://www.virginiamercury.com/2020/07/30/did-white-supremacists-really-orchestrate-riots-in-richmond-its-complicated/

But Richmond officials have presented no direct evidence showing white supremacists organized the protest, encouraged violence or participated in any property damage.
          Early Tuesday afternoon, The Virginia Mercury asked officials to clarify the basis for the mayor’s comments. As of Wednesday evening, neither the Richmond Police Department nor the mayor’s office had provided additional evidence of white supremacist influence.

The confusion in Richmond appeared to arise from an unlikely alliance between members of Black Lives Matter 757, an independent, Hampton Roads-area group that has clashed with other Black Lives Matter leaders and progressive organizers, and a boogaloo supporter named Mike Dunn, who appeared with the BLM757 group in Richmond. Dunn insists he is not a white supremacist and both he and BLM757 say Dunn’s group had left the protest before it turned raucous.

In a statement, Stoney spokesman Jim Nolan said the city has information that supports “the conclusion of alt-right involvement” but did not specify what that information is. Police are still investigating, Nolan said, and more arrests are expected.

Of the nearly two dozen people arrested in the weekend unrest, police have not said that any of them are connected to white supremacist groups.

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'm not saying they were responsible for this particular incident because the article says nothing about that specific incident. But I think it's noteworthy in general. Do you think the police are just making it up?
            At the behest of Mayor Stoney, absolutely.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Source: https://www.virginiamercury.com/2020/07/30/did-white-supremacists-really-orchestrate-riots-in-richmond-its-complicated/

But Richmond officials have presented no direct evidence showing white supremacists organized the protest, encouraged violence or participated in any property damage.
              Early Tuesday afternoon, The Virginia Mercury asked officials to clarify the basis for the mayor’s comments. As of Wednesday evening, neither the Richmond Police Department nor the mayor’s office had provided additional evidence of white supremacist influence.

The confusion in Richmond appeared to arise from an unlikely alliance between members of Black Lives Matter 757, an independent, Hampton Roads-area group that has clashed with other Black Lives Matter leaders and progressive organizers, and a boogaloo supporter named Mike Dunn, who appeared with the BLM757 group in Richmond. Dunn insists he is not a white supremacist and both he and BLM757 say Dunn’s group had left the protest before it turned raucous.

In a statement, Stoney spokesman Jim Nolan said the city has information that supports “the conclusion of alt-right involvement” but did not specify what that information is. Police are still investigating, Nolan said, and more arrests are expected.

Of the nearly two dozen people arrested in the weekend unrest, police have not said that any of them are connected to white supremacist groups.

© Copyright Original Source

This reminds me of Spy vs Spy --- maybe it's a BLM member POSING as a white supremacist posing as a BLM member!!!!

spy vs spy.png
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                not in Portland, but looky... peaceful protesters set fire to a house with a child in it, and blocked the fire department from getting to it. That takes a lot more than a "few infiltrators" to accomplish something that coordinated.

Rioters Set Fire to Building With a Child Inside, Blocked Fire Truck From Putting Out the Fire

RICHMOND, Va. -- Rioters blocked a fire truck from responding to a burning home early Sunday morning in Richmond, according to Richmond Police Chief Will Smith.

“Protesters intentionally set a fire to an occupied building on Broad Street. This is not the only occupied building that has been set fire to over the last two days. But they prohibited us from getting on scene,” Smith said. “We had to force our way to make a clear path for the fire department. Protestors intercepted that fire apparatus several blocks away with vehicles and blocked that fire department’s access to the structure fire. Inside that home was a child.”

Smith’s voice filled with emotion as he recounted the event during a Sunday morning press conference.

“Officers were able to help those people out of the house. We were able to get the fire department there safely,” he said before pausing to regain his composure. ”When you take a legitimate issue and hijack it for unknown reasons, that is unacceptable to me. It's unacceptable to the Richmond Police Department and unacceptable to the City of Richmond.”
                https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news...-richmond-riot
                How is this supposed to convince us that law enforcement is not a necessary part of civil society?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  How is this supposed to convince us that law enforcement is not a necessary part of civil society?
                  It's not. it's exactly the opposite which is what those doing it want.

Last edited by RumTumTugger; 07-30-2020, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Perhaps that wasn't the intent.

Comment