Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    You know yourself that what brings you joy, you wish to share with others.
    Which is why I would love you to believe in Christ as Savior. I get no greater Joy.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      No, Leon, I was asked about it -- I didn't bring it up. It wasn't a biggie to me.
      You say that, and yet we're talking about it years after it happened. Bill the Cat, seer, Rumtumtggr have all likewise expressed that they were quite upset about it. Recently conservative bar and diner owners have made a huge showing out of declaring on facebook that they'll no longer be showing NFL at their place.

Also you're taking this a bit personal. I'm talking about conservatives in general mainly. Why is this such a big thing? That speaks to me of huge insecurity.

A) this is a discussion board where stuff is discussed
      2) it came up, and I responded --- it really is no big deal to me at all -- as I said, I rarely every watch sports (except baseball)
      It is a discussion forum and I can understand discussing the riots, as people have gotten killed, including a protester couple who was gunned down by a car recently. That stuff is real and matters.

I don't even know what that means.
      You don't know what 'Cancel culture' means? Or what?

Um..... I responded to the discussion, Leon, and AGAIN, it's not all that big a deal to me.
      Then can't you agree that conservatives might just be overreacting here?
      Last edited by Leonhard; 07-28-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        You say that,
        I do.

and yet we're talking about it years after it happened. ....
        I'm going to excuse myself from this, Leon, because I honestly do not care - I don't watch sports, and the current "baseball" in empty an empty stadium does nothing for me.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          "While all Americans cherish the right to peaceably assemble and petition the government" Does that include peaceful protesters being tear-gassed so that the president can walk a few metres to do a photo op outside a respected church?
          That is nonsense, they were being moved from Lafayette Park because of the violence the night before and its close proximity to the White House. They were asked to leave more than once but refused these LAWFUL requests.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            That is nonsense, they were being moved from Lafayette Park because of the violence the night before and its close proximity to the White House. They were asked to leave more than once but refused these LAWFUL requests.
            I don't buy it.

Comment

I don't buy it.
              You don't have to - they are facts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/u-s...rump-photo-opp
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

You don't have to - they are facts.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/u-s...rump-photo-opp
                You have the police chief's word, but there was also a curfew change, and there was little warning given. I don't buy a word that chief says. It was a stupid show of power, and all it did was make people even angrier. But your president got his pretty picture in front of a Church.

Comment

You have the police chief's word, but there was also a curfew change, and there was little warning given. I don't buy a word that chief says. It was a stupid show of power, and all it did was make people even angrier. But your president got his pretty picture in front of a Church.
                  Keep going. A church that the "peaceful protesters" tried to burn down the day before.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Leon, in the US, there is no requirement for a curfew to be announced ahead of time. There's this thing about "obeying the lawful order of a police officer" that requires compliance, or be subject to arrest.

Comment

Right you don't believe the man who was in charge. You are calling him a liar without reason. And the curfew change is not really relevant since they still were protesting - just not there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        You mean the Gold Star family that went on the news and slammed him personally?
                        Yup. Them. The one that sacrificed for their country, and still support their county rather than undermine and criticize it.

Private Bonespurs got his panties all bunched-up over them.
                        Last edited by Whateverman; 07-28-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Right you don't believe the man who was in charge. You are calling him a liar without reason. And the curfew change is not really relevant since they still were protesting - just not there.
                          The curfew was chancer on them. It’s quite transparent why that was done and it coincided with the speech where Trump made a show of power, and the photo op. So yeah I think that police chief lied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Leon, in the US, there is no requirement for a curfew to be announced ahead of time. There's this thing about "obeying the lawful order of a police officer" that requires compliance, or be subject to arrest.
                            I believe there were no good reasons to break up that protest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              Yup. Them. The one that sacrificed for their country, and still support it.

Private Bonespurs got his panties all bunched-up about it.
                              Hiding behind their dead son to take snipes at the President is pretty disgusting.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I believe there were no good reasons to break up that protest.
                                I believe they were simply being asked to move. Do you know otherwise?

Comment