Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Your Voting Rights lost in the mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    If Democrats are the ones encouraging mail-in ballots, and those ballot arrivals are unreliable, then what's the problem? Republicans aren't likely to vote that way.
    I can all but guarantee that if this "cheat by mail" scam happens, that not only will no Democrat ballots be lost in the mail, but they will magically multiply en route. Republican ballots, on the other hand, will not be nearly so fortunate.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      There's no evidence that mail in voting favors one party at a significant level. If anything, it might skew more in a Republican direction this election because older people who may be wary of going out in public tend Republican. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-an-advantage/
      That all assumes that nothing is done to deliberately intervene and skew the vote in one direction or another. We already know Democrats cheat (just one example is Michigan in the last presidential election where literally every precinct won by Hillary had significant discrepancies), and "vote by mail" will just make such schemes not only easier to pull off but also much harder to spot.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Both sides are suspicious of the other. November is looking to be about as politically chaotic as has been since the beginning of 2017, if not more so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I can all but guarantee that if this "cheat by mail" scam happens, that not only will no Democrat ballots be lost in the mail, but they will magically multiply en route. Republican ballots, on the other hand, will not be nearly so fortunate.
          They already have a long standing tradition of finding entire ballot boxes in someone's trunk a couple days after the election. I mean just how does one do that? Legitimately forget about it that is not deliberately and fraudulently offer up a box filled with fabricated votes after the election.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            If Democrats are the ones encouraging mail-in ballots, and those ballot arrivals are unreliable, then what's the problem? Republicans aren't likely to vote that way.
            some of us are being forced to do so in our States

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              They already have a long standing tradition of finding entire ballot boxes in someone's trunk a couple days after the election. I mean just how does one do that?
              With photoshop. Or have you forgotten the church times story where they showed a picture of English ballot boxes being unloaded from a truck and claimed they were in America? They reversed the image because the truck was left-hand-drive and then incompetently re-reversed the words printed on the boxes.
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

ICYMI, NYC's election board dropped 32k ballots off to be mailed to voters *one day* before the primary. At current funding levels, we're on pace for many more stories like this in November.

source
                November is gearing up to be an unmitigated disaster, and it will be the exclamation point of onetumultuous year.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The dead are one of the Democrats most loyal constituencies. And those mean ol' Republicans wanna suppress their vote.
                  you know considering the voter fraud scandal that involved the Republicans in NC and got to a point where the chairman of the Party had to resign/was fired, it doesn't appear to be a democrat only problem
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

One reason I'm relatively cynical about this talking point is that no concern was raised about mailing out the stimulus checks in the mail (which presumably would be of more worth to a thief than an individual ballot), and that the post office is commonly used to mail out drivers licenses with no controversy.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

One reason I'm relatively cynical about this talking point is that no concern was raised about mailing out the stimulus checks in the mail (which presumably would be of more worth to a thief than an individual ballot), and that the post office is commonly used to mail out drivers licenses with no controversy.
                      I still haven't received my check.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Which is another reason to suspect that all these mail-in voting "errors" are not really errors but intentional malfeasance.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          Which is another reason to suspect that all these mail-in voting "errors" are not really errors but intentional malfeasance.
                          I am beginning to suspect that Louis DeJoy's calls for mail to be left on the floor at the post office are intentional along those lines, yes.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I am beginning to suspect that Louis DeJoy's calls for mail to be left on the floor at the post office are intentional along those lines, yes.
                            Which doesn't make sense it's a partisan issue. You'd think the Dems would be as skeptical and less dismissive of the problems of mail-in voting as the Reps are.
                            Last edited by seanD; 08-07-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I still haven't received my check.
                              Apparently some of them were put in nondescript envelopes and thrown away. Ours was direct deposited so we didn't have to worry about it.

Comment

Apparently some of them were put in nondescript envelopes and thrown away. Ours was direct deposited so we didn't have to worry about it.
                                Good point - ours SHOULD have been direct deposited, so....
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment