Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Voting Rights lost in the mail

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Here's What Happened When a Reporter Experimented with Mail-In Ballots

Because of the Wuhan coronavirus, many states are opting to vote by mail. The goal is to keep people from flocking to the polls and creating large crowds. Conservatives have frequently talked about the issue of voter fraud and the potential for votes to become lost or stolen.

A reporter from WRDW in Pennsylvania decided to conduct an experiment. The reporter's team set up a PO Box and mailed numerous sets of fake ballots all across Philadelphia. The idea was to simulate people returning ballots to the local election office. They initially mailed 100 mock ballots. Two days later, they mailed another 100 ballots. The PO box was checked a week later.

When the reporter opened up the PO box, there was a slip saying the box owner had to pick up the mail from behind the counter. When the reporter went to retrieve the mail, the postmaster told him there was nothing back there.

"I don't see anything there for you," the woman behind the counter said.

The reporter eventually talked to a manager, explained what they were doing and suddenly she found a box of mock ballots that were "somewhere else."

As the reporter went through the mail, it was discovered they obtained two pieces of someone else's mail, including a birthday card.

The worst part: 21 percent of all the mock ballots hadn't materialized after four days. The first batch, which had been sent out a week prior, also had some ballots missing.

"So out of our 100 ballots, 97 arrived, which sounds pretty good, unless you consider the fact that means that three people that tried to vote by mail in our mock election were, in fact, disenfranchised by mail," the reporter stated.

Three percent may not sound like a lot, but it can be pivotal, especially when elections are close.

The other issue: 24 states allow voters to request ballots less than a week before the election, meaning they're not going to make it back in time to be counted.

And when the reporter talked with people in the community, quite a few shared concerns about their ballots "getting lost in the mail."

This is proof that in-person voting must happen and the integrity of the election is at stake. Democrats say they want proof, here it is. There's not much more solid evidence than this experiment. If it's happening in one city, it's almost guaranteed to be happening in places across the nation.....

count.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

2. Amen seer, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You DO realize that people who died from Covid can still vote in the upcoming election, yes?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

4. Amen RumTumTugger, Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    If Democrats are the ones encouraging mail-in ballots, and those ballot arrivals are unreliable, then what's the problem? Republicans aren't likely to vote that way.
    There's no evidence that mail in voting favors one party at a significant level. If anything, it might skew more in a Republican direction this election because older people who may be wary of going out in public tend Republican. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-an-advantage/
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You DO realize that people who died from Covid can still vote in the upcoming election, yes?
    The dead are one of the Democrats most loyal constituencies. And those mean ol' Republicans wanna suppress their vote.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There's no evidence that mail in voting favors one party at a significant level. If anything, it might skew more in a Republican direction this election because older people who may be wary of going out in public tend Republican. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-an-advantage/
    I didn't realize it would be more of an issue in other states. My state (Missouri) is basically wide open. Some counties are still in a lockdown mode, but not the state. I will be voting at the local school.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If Democrats are the ones encouraging mail-in ballots, and those ballot arrivals are unreliable, then what's the problem? Republicans aren't likely to vote that way.
    I can all but guarantee that if this "cheat by mail" scam happens, that not only will no Democrat ballots be lost in the mail, but they will magically multiply en route. Republican ballots, on the other hand, will not be nearly so fortunate.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    That all assumes that nothing is done to deliberately intervene and skew the vote in one direction or another. We already know Democrats cheat (just one example is Michigan in the last presidential election where literally every precinct won by Hillary had significant discrepancies), and "vote by mail" will just make such schemes not only easier to pull off but also much harder to spot.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Both sides are suspicious of the other. November is looking to be about as politically chaotic as has been since the beginning of 2017, if not more so.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I can all but guarantee that if this "cheat by mail" scam happens, that not only will no Democrat ballots be lost in the mail, but they will magically multiply en route. Republican ballots, on the other hand, will not be nearly so fortunate.
    They already have a long standing tradition of finding entire ballot boxes in someone's trunk a couple days after the election. I mean just how does one do that? Legitimately forget about it that is not deliberately and fraudulently offer up a box filled with fabricated votes after the election.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    some of us are being forced to do so in our States