Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Regrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    One might think this regret would alter his behavior - especially during an election year.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ool-sports-ceo

Trump admits he 'often' regrets tweets, retweets get him 'into trouble', in interview with Barstool Sports founder
    The president acknowledged that he 'loves' using Twitter 'too much sometimes'

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

President Trump made a rare admission that his Twitter activity at times gets him "into trouble."

During an interview that was released Friday by Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy, the two discussed the powerful platform Trump has on Twitter.

The president told Portnoy there are times when he "loves" using Twitter "too much sometimes," touting the "voice" he has that bypasses what he calls "fake news."

"Do you sometimes -- because I follow you on Twitter and I know I do this... do you ever tweet out and be like -- you wake up and, 'Aw man, I wish I didn't send that one out'?" Portnoy asked.

"Often, too often," Trump responded. "It used to be in the old days before this, you'd write a letter and you'd say this letter is very big. You put it on your desk and then you go back tomorrow and you say, 'Oh, I'm glad I didn't send it,' right? But we don't do that with Twitter, right? We put it out instantaneously, we feel great, and then you start getting phone calls -- 'Did you really say this?' I say, 'What's wrong with that?' and you find out a lot of things."

Trump then acknowledged that "it's the retweets" that get him "into trouble" versus the tweets he writes himself.

Portnoy pressed the president on his retweets.

"You've been caught retweeting people, being like, 'Oh, you just retweeted this crazy person,' so you don't even look. You just press retweet and you just fire from the hip," the Barstool Sports founder said.

"You see something that looks good and you don't investigate it and you don't know what's on the helmet exactly, right, which is a miniature and you don't blow it up, it sometimes -- I have found that almost always it's the retweets that get you in trouble," Trump said.

"I've seen that a little bit with you," Portnoy added.

President Trump often has his critics howling over tweets that attack political opponents. In recent weeks, Twitter has been cracking down on the president's tweets, claiming they violate various policies.

Joseph A. Wulfsohn is a media reporter for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter @JosephWulfsohn.
    So much Trump repulsion could have been avoided had someone just taken his smart phone away from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      Well hope springs eternal.

Many thought winning the Presidency would change the man, how wrong they were.

I'll wager Trump regretted admitting he regretted it within minutes of saying he regretted it.
      That's actually....

A) Funny
      2) Probably true.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        Well hope springs eternal.

Many thought winning the Presidency would change the man, how wrong they were.

I'll wager Trump regretted admitting he regretted it within minutes of saying he regretted it.
        This deserves a second go....

I wish there were a way for Trump to tweet all he wants, but each tweet be held for 24 hours, after which a pop-up asks "Do you really want to send this" before releasing the tweet.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We should get him a "blog" like Creed Bratton (The Office).
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            So much Trump repulsion could have been avoided had someone just taken his smart phone away from the beginning.
            Voters initially loved the fact that he was able to get his message directly to the people without first being filtered through the liberal media, but perhaps it has been too much of a good thing.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              This deserves a second go....

I wish there were a way for Trump to tweet all he wants, but each tweet be held for 24 hours, after which a pop-up asks "Do you really want to send this" before releasing the tweet.
              Knowing Trump, he would press "Yes" every single time.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Knowing Trump, he would press "Yes" every single time.
                You're probably right.

Comment