Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I - an atheist - am morally better than the Christian God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since all of sinned and fallen short, are you saying it would have been better for God to never have created sapient creatures? Because none of us are perfect. And a evil person could easily have a decent child who would not exist if the jerk parent didn't exist. Your "argument" is plain dumb.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Since all of sinned and fallen short, are you saying it would have been better for God to never have created sapient creatures? Because none of us are perfect. And a evil person could easily have a decent child who would not exist if the jerk parent didn't exist. Your "argument" is plain dumb.
      There is just one little point to make. Unlike human parents this deity is believed to be omniscient.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Since all of sinned and fallen short, are you saying it would have been better for God to never have created sapient creatures?
        Not at all. I'm only saying what I've said: I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

If you're saying evil is nothing more than sin, take the example of a Christian in Nazi Germany, hiding a Jewish family in her attic. SS officers come to her door, and when she's asked whether there are Jews in her house, she answers "no". That's a lie, which is technically a sin - but is the lie Evil? No; it is Good.

Your "argument" is plain dumb.
        That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it, but sadly for you, my argument is both sound and effective. I've proven that I'm morally superior to the Christian God, because I can solve a problem he's unwilling to.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          I predict that no Christian will attempt to address the argument, let alone disprove it.
          God whom the perishing does not know is the infinite good. And evil is only possible because a creation can only be a finite good. Evil needs a finite good which can be harmed. In the promised New Heaven and Earth it is fully protected by God so in it evil cannot be possible.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            God whom the perishing does not know is the infinite good. And evil is only possible because a creation can only be a finite good. Evil needs a finite good which can be harmed. In the promised New Heaven and Earth it is fully protected by God so in it evil cannot be possible.
            You ignoring the argument I've made doesn't mean you've refuted it.

I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

Comment

My unwillingness to hear <X> doesn't impact your ability to say <X>.

Your unwillingness to say <X> implies your inability to do so.

I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.
              The problem of evil is evil cannot exist without good. Evil cannot counter the Infinite Good.
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

The problem of evil is evil cannot exist without good.
                No, that's not what the problem of evil is.

The problem of evil refers to the challenge of reconciling belief in an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient God, with the existence of evil and suffering in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                  There is just one little point to make. Unlike human parents this deity is believed to be omniscient.
                  I'm saying that if Bob(an evil jerk that kicks puppies and children) never existed, then what about his daughter Jane(nice person that will run many genuine charities that help children and animals)? How can Jane exist, unless Bob exists to be her biological father and donate half of her DNA?

Comment

Not at all. I'm only saying what I've said: I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

If you're saying evil is nothing more than sin, take the example of a Christian in Nazi Germany, hiding a Jewish family in her attic. SS officers come to her door, and when she's asked whether there are Jews in her house, she answers "no". That's a lie, which is technically a sin - but is the lie Evil? No; it is Good.

That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it, but sadly for you, my argument is both sound and effective. I've proven that I'm morally superior to the Christian God, because I can solve a problem he's unwilling to.
                    Yeah, I don't feel like giving any pearls to ya. There is an answer, but you are deaf and blind to it.

Comment

The problem of evil refers to the challenge of reconciling belief in an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient God, with the existence of evil and suffering in the world.
                      God is the Eternal Infinite Good. It is not possible not to have evil without temporal finite good which can be harmed. Evil needs finite temporal good.

Comment

The problem of evil is it is because there is good, temporal finite good which can be harmed.

Comment

Yeah, I don't feel like giving any pearls to ya.
                          aka. you have no pearls to give.

If you could prove that the argument in the OP is flawed, you'd do so - because the idea of an atheist being morally superior to god must be annoying. That you've been unwilling to do this demonstrates the inability.

Comment

The problem of evil is it is because there is good, temporal finite good which can be harmed.
                            No, that's not the problem of evil.

It may be a problem you want to talk about, though; possibly because you can't address the thread topic.

Comment

Since all of sinned and fallen short, are you saying it would have been better for God to never have created sapient creatures?
                              I thought it was worth quoting this again, because in a thread full of Christians refusing to address the OP, this post actually challenged it.

Kudos...

Comment

No, that's not the problem of evil.

It may be a problem you want to talk about, though; possibly because you can't address the thread topic.

God is the Eternal Infinite Good. And evil needs temporal finite good in order for it, evil, to even exist. Not acknowledging, mere denial, does not refute God being the Eternal Infinite Good nor the truth evil needs temporal finite good in order for it, evil, to even exist.

Comment