Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Tweb is messing up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my posts are going through. However, I see some updates shown in the New POsts link but the actual post doesn't appear. Maybe there is a cache being displayed instead of the actual updated page

Comment

I fixed that issue somewhat by going to general settings and changing the number of posts that display on each page. I had it set to 20 posts and changed it to 30, and now I an see the new posts.

But there's definitely a problem with new posts not showing up and not being able to go to the next page when you click on it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I fixed that issue somewhat by going to general settings and changing the number of posts that display on each page. I had it set to 20 posts and changed it to 30, and now I an see the new posts.

But there's definitely a problem with new posts not showing up and not being able to go to the next page when you click on it.
        yeah. I think that has to do with the memory problems that are showing up on the server. This thread is one that I can't get to the last page on unless I switch to hybrid mode in the menu above.

Comment

Test
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I fixed that issue somewhat by going to general settings and changing the number of posts that display on each page. I had it set to 20 posts and...

That is all I could see of this post since I can't get to the last page of many threads.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I will be shutting down tweb at 11AM eastern to increase our memory and diskspace to see if that fixes the problems we have been having.

I think it will only take about 30-40 minutes, but that is a guesstimate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

part of the problem was tweb was running low on disk space and memory. It was causing the database to crash and messing up the threads. I resized it. hopefully it will work better now. If you still see any threads that you can't access the last page on, try making a bump page using the quick reply box at the bottom of any page and that seems to reset the thread and the last page will begin working again.

Comment

Thank you, Sparky!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    part of the problem was tweb was running low on disk space and memory. It was causing the database to crash and messing up the threads. I resized it. hopefully it will work better now. If you still see any threads that you can't access the last page on, try making a bump page using the quick reply box at the bottom of any page and that seems to reset the thread and the last page will begin working again.
                    So the 500-series "Server is experiencing an unknown error" messages were basically, "My brain is full!"
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      So the 500-series "Server is experiencing an unknown error" messages were basically, "My brain is full!"
                      So glad you got in!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        So glad you got in!

Actually, I didn't know until now that that post "took." I got a 524 error when I tried to post it.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Is there any update on this?

I'm still getting sporadic 524 timeouts, blank pages, etc.

And I'm seeing double posts, presumably because others are also having issues.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            Is there any update on this?

I'm still getting sporadic 524 timeouts, blank pages, etc.

And I'm seeing double posts, presumably because others are also having issues.
                            If the post starts another page it doesn't show as being made and you can't get to the other page for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes.

ETA: It looks like all but the first post I made this morning (including this one) are not registering anywhere regardless of whether or not they started a new page.
                            Last edited by rogue06; 08-08-2020, 02:22 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Lots of Error 500 and 520 messages

Comment

Lots of 524 errors when I try to post. The posts seem to "take," but I don't know it until I go to the main forum page and refresh it.

I haven't bothered reading beyond the big giant 524 until the most recent one. It says my browser is ok, Cloudfare is ok, and the problem is a server issue at theologyweb.com.

It then follows with some troubleshooting info, and a link to a page with additional info and suggestions.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment