Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Mom" and "Veteran" anarchists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mom" and "Veteran" anarchists

Wow, I thought this dumb argument had disappeared, but I just saw Jerry Nadler use this idiot defense of anarchy in the hearing on Capitol Hill moments ago.

Supposedly a "wall of moms" banded together to show "solidarity" with the anarchist thugs (though, of course, that's not what they claim)
    I guess the media thought that played well, so then a "wall of veterans" joined in.

Amazingly,

A) The left has suddenly found respect for "moms", when they have denigrated the role of motherhood for decades.
    2) They have suddenly found "veterans" honorable, when they have denigrated the role of our military for decades.

Let's be clear - again, "moms" have drowned their babies in bathtubs, have cut them to pieces, have murdered them with axes, have aborted them, have poisoned their husbands....
    Simply because somebody is (or claims to be) a "mom" doesn't mean anything other than that the left is exploiting the very role they have denigrated in the past.

Same with veterans. And, again, I work every day with "down and outters", homeless people, mentally ill people - many of whom are veterans suffering from PTSD or other physical or mental disabilities.
    The left has, amazingly enough, suddenly found WORTH in these veterans, or maybe even people pretending to be veterans, as they stand up to shield anarchists from justice.

How sick can this get? And, continuing to watch the hearings, I see the liberals yelling at Barr, refusing to allow him to answer questions, and shouting stuff like "YES OR NO!".

JimL already tried using this nutty "wall of moms" argument, but all it shows is the willingness of the left to use stereotypes they have previously denigrated as "human shields" for violence.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

People are just pawns to politicians on both sides. The liberal democrats in congress are especially adept at this.

Watching the Barr hearing now that is clear. The democrats are not asking him questions they want answers to, they are asking loaded questions and then cutting him off when he tries to answer. Most of their time is spent bloviating and speechifying. They wrap themselves in the flag when convenient and stomp it into the mud when not.

Comment

As soon as he tries to answer...

"I am reclaiming my time!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        As soon as he tries to answer...

"I am reclaiming my time!"
        He just got lectured by some angry woman who spent a bunch of time angrily peppering him with accusations and questions, and when he tries to answer, she yells "I'm amazed at your lack of respect for a member of Congress that you would interrupt me....."

These people - the inquisitioners - are being absolute JERKS. Even when Barr asked for a 5 minute recess, Nadler barked NO! Jim Richards had to beg Nadler to let Barr - an INVITED GUEST - to allow Barr to have a 5 minute break, when Barr had waited over an hour for the inquisitioners to convene.

A common tactic here is to beat Barr up with accusations, then "I didn't ask you a question - please stop interrupting my time" --- and, demanding a "yes or no" answer to complicated questions.

The anger from these inquisitioners in their body language, tone of voice and constant pointing and head bobbing is astounding.

This isn't an inquiry - it's an ambush.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          He just got lectured by some angry woman who spent a bunch of time angrily peppering him with accusations and questions, and when he tries to answer, she yells "I'm amazed at your lack of respect for a member of Congress that you would interrupt me....."

These people - the inquisitioners - are being absolute JERKS. Even when Barr asked for a 5 minute recess, Nadler barked NO! Jim Richards had to beg Nadler to let Barr - an INVITED GUEST - to allow Barr to have a 5 minute break, when Barr had waited over an hour for the inquisitioners to convene.

A common tactic here is to beat Barr up with accusations, then "I didn't ask you a question - please stop interrupting my time" --- and, demanding a "yes or no" answer to complicated questions.

The anger from these inquisitioners in their body language, tone of voice and constant pointing and head bobbing is astounding.

This isn't an inquiry - it's an ambush.
          Yep. I have zero respect for any of these members of congress. They are bullies. If I were Barr I would just sit there silently and not answer anything. If they got upset I would tell them that unless they allowed me time to answer fully I am not answering at all.

Comment

Supposedly a "wall of moms" banded together to show "solidarity" with the anarchist thugs (though, of course, that's not what they claim)
            I guess the media thought that played well, so then a "wall of veterans" joined in

Amazingly,

A) The left has suddenly found respect for "moms", when they have denigrated the role of motherhood for decades.
            2) They have suddenly found "veterans" honorable, when they have denigrated the role of our military for decades.
            I'm surprised how emotional you're making this. No one party can be seen as the moms' sole rights championer. See health care debate in which Republicans bring nothing innovative to the table. Austerity isn't an argument for health care non-coverage anymore. The government just fabricated 4 trillion dollars to not help struggling families.

Re: warriors: the right literally concocted a phony reason to invade Iraq and were derided for promoting false intelligence used to justify that war. So long as you pretend that didn't happen, I can't see have a serious discussion about this. It's just flailing arms.

Let's be clear - again, "moms" have drowned their babies in bathtubs, have cut them to pieces, have murdered them with axes, have aborted them, have poisoned their husbands....
            Simply because somebody is (or claims to be) a "mom" doesn't mean anything other than that the left is exploiting the very role they have denigrated in the past

Same with veterans. And, again, I work every day with "down and outters", homeless people, mentally ill people - many of whom are veterans suffering from PTSD or other physical or mental disabilities.
            The left has, amazingly enough, suddenly found WORTH in these veterans, or maybe even people pretending to be veterans, as they stand up to shield anarchists from justice..
            You're getting all riled up because the "wrong" political party is playing politics here. Can we agree about that, or are you going to continually pretend the Republicans and Democrats fleeced the poor and middle class with the phony stimulus package? That kind of looting is okay with you, I take it.

How sick can this get? And, continuing to watch the hearings, I see the liberals yelling at Barr, refusing to allow him to answer questions, and shouting stuff like "YES OR NO!".
            Bicameral hearings tend to inspire rudeness of inquisition. See every high-stakes hearing ever televised.

JimL already tried using this nutty "wall of moms" argument, but all it shows is the willingness of the left to use stereotypes they have previously denigrated as "human shields" for violence.
            Why do you let that guy get under your skin? He's like a slightly more abbreviated Jorge.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
              I'm surprised how emotional you're making this.
              Emotional? I'm calmly stating some observations.

No one party can be seen as the moms' sole rights championer. See health care debate in which Republicans bring nothing innovative to the table. Austerity isn't an argument for health care non-coverage anymore. The government just fabricated 4 trillion dollars to not help struggling families.
              Liberals have been denigrating the role of "mother" for ages.

Re: warriors: the right literally concocted a phony reason to invade Iraq and were derided for promoting false intelligence used to justify that war. So long as you pretend that didn't happen, I can't see have a serious discussion about this. It's just flailing arms.
              Perhaps you're projecting your own emotional instability, because I'm just bringing up a matter for discussion.

You're getting all riled up because the "wrong" political party is playing politics here. Can we agree about that, or are you going to continually pretend the Republicans and Democrats fleeced the poor and middle class with the phony stimulus package? That kind of looting is okay with you, I take it.
              No, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the left by suddenly promoting "moms" when they have been so consistent in attacking the nuclear family. In fact, that's one of the stated goals of BLM.

Bicameral hearings tend to inspire rudeness of inquisition. See every high-stakes hearing ever televised.
              Ah, the hearings - you mean the ambush? No, this is different. There is a level of rudeness and censorship here I've never seen before. Are you actually watching?

Why do you let that guy get under your skin? He's like a slightly more abbreviated Jorge.
              I don't let him under my skin, I expose him for the little he is.

Comment

Yep. I have zero respect for any of these members of congress. They are bullies. If I were Barr I would just sit there silently and not answer anything. If they got upset I would tell them that unless they allowed me time to answer fully I am not answering at all.
                I thought Barr should stand up, take his coat off, and drape it over the chair, and say, "here, just talk to my coat, since you're not wanting to hear from me", and walk out.

These people are acting like absolute JERKS, including the one woman who kept hammering away at Barr, not allowing him to speak, then yelling "I'm losing my temper!" Yeah, that was obvious.

Comment

I thought Barr should stand up, take his coat off, and drape it over the chair, and say, "here, just talk to my coat, since you're not wanting to hear from me", and walk out.

Yeah but they would probably like that so they could charge him with contempt.

These people are acting like absolute JERKS, including the one woman who kept hammering away at Barr, not allowing him to speak, then yelling "I'm losing my temper!" Yeah, that was obvious.
                  yeah she was nuts. They are just being rude bullies. I don't know how they think acting like that is going to help their cause, whatever that is at this point.

Comment

Yeah but they would probably like that so they could charge him with contempt.

yeah she was nuts. They are just being rude bullies. I don't know how they think acting like that is going to help their cause, whatever that is at this point.
                    I think they're just playing to their own party - they don't give a flyin flip about the truth - they just want to play to OMB. Bill Hemmer looked genuinely surprised at the level of hostility.

And, yeah, when Barr would try to answer, they would just interrupt and "I'm reclaiming my time" --- YES OR NO!!! Even when he answered a question "Yes" the moron woman responded, "I'll take that as a no".

Comment

So, Nutty Nadler said, and I QUOTE...

"...The protesters aren't mobs - they are mothers and veterans and mayors".

What an outright liar -- and the goofy mayor that ignorantly showed up to support the mob in Portland got shouted down by the mob he was attempting to coddle.

All this, while the protesters are trying to tear down a new fence erected to protect the federal building.

Comment

What an outright liar -- and the goofy mayor that ignorantly showed up to support the mob in Portland got shouted down by the mob he was attempting to coddle.

All this, while the protesters are trying to tear down a new fence erected to protect the federal building.
                        Once again the Democrats embrace the worst elements of society. Just like antifa and the like "are mothers and veterans and mayors" folks like Sen. Dianne Feinstein proclaimed that MS-13 gang members "are our family and friends and they make significant contributions to our country" after Trump likened them to animals. Similarly, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer compared MS-13 to our ancestors who came to America declaring that our "great-great-grandparents" weren't animals when they immigrated here and members of MS-13 "aren't either."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not only protesters, but the Mayor of Portland wants it removed because, and get this..., it blocks a bike path.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            Not only protesters, but the Mayor of Portland wants it removed because, and get this..., it blocks a bike path.
                            And they want to charge the Feds $500 an hour because they didn't get a permit to put up the fence!

Comment

And they want to charge the Feds $500 an hour because they didn't get a permit to put up the fence!
                              Pay it.

But only after the city pays for all damages and the wages of federal law enforcement that had to be brought in due to dereliction of duty of the mayor.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment