Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump follows and endorses crazy Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And, other than a Tweet, has Trump really endorsed her? I know Trump Jr wanted everybody to see her video, but Shuny makes it sound like she's Trump's new "go to" for Covid advice. I'm guessing that's a steaming pile of poo.
    I think it was just one tweet. Though it is really bad optics for him to promote a quack.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I think it was just one tweet. Though it is really bad optics for him to promote a quack.
      So, the "Trump follows and endorses crazy Doctor" is a total fabrication.

Good job, Shuny!

And, yes, I STILL think somebody should take Trumps Twitter account from him.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        That's because you need defend all things Trump, CP.
        Yet another outright lie from the dishonest little I simply prefer to stick to FACT, not outrageous drama nonsense.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, the "Trump follows and endorses crazy Doctor" is a total fabrication.

Good job, Shuny!

And, yes, I STILL think somebody should take Trumps Twitter account from him.
          No, the Tweet from the Twit clearly and specifically endorses the Quaky doctor.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            It's ONE TWEET - you dishonestly make it sound like this is an ongoing thing. Do you believe EVERYTHING Trump tweets?

Comment

Following on from my previous thread....

Dr Stella Immanuel apparently knows"The Truth is Out There".

Gynaecological problems like cysts, endometriosis and infertility are the physical effects of demons having sex with humans and depositing demons sperm in humans in their dream world. [...] She says that medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility, and impotence happen because demons and witches have sex with humans in the dream world.

"They are responsible for serious gynaecological problems," Immanuel said. "We call them all kinds of names—endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband," she claimed this in a 2013 sermon on the topic, Daily Beast reported. [...] On the issue of coronavirus, she claims that hydroxychloroquine, the drug that Donald Trump has also touted to be effective and says he has taken himself, can treat coronavirus. She claimed that HCQ is so potent that protective face masks are not required.

Unsurprisingly,

" Donald Trump, who has so frequently been at the loggerheads with the top immunologist Dr Anthony Fauci, CDC and the FDA over the efficacy of Hydroxychlorquine in treatment against the coronavirus, has hugely supported Dr Stella Immanuel who received her medical degree in Nigeria.*

On Monday, he retweeted a video of Immmaunel where she made the controversial claim about HCQ. His son Donald Trump Jr retweeted the video with a comment, "must watch."
              "

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/demon-sper...-expert-825411

* A country that still believes in witchcraft and persecutes "witch-children".
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                Here's the only mention of the RETWEET from Trump in the article you posted....

Stella Immanuel is a Houston doctor who’s become a minor celebrity on more conspiratorial internet corners, largely for espousing her contrarian views about the effectiveness of masks in stopping the spread of the coronavirus and praising the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19. Both of beliefs have been debunked by the overwhelming majority healthcare experts, but that hasn’t stopped Immanuel’s videos from racking up millions of views and even getting praise from Donald Trump Jr. (“must watch!”) and a retweet from President Donald Trump himself.

Do you see that, Shuny? It's a RETWEET of something he saw from Trump Jr.

Now, Mr DuckBobWeave, perhaps you can actually try to support your nutty claim that "Trump follows and endorses crazy Doctor".

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                  Dr Stella Immanuel apparently knows"The Truth is Out There".

Gynaecological problems like cysts, endometriosis and infertility are the physical effects of demons having sex with humans and depositing demons sperm in humans in their dream world. [...] She says that medical issues like endometriosis, cysts, infertility, and impotence happen because demons and witches have sex with humans in the dream world.

"They are responsible for serious gynaecological problems," Immanuel said. "We call them all kinds of names—endometriosis, we call them molar pregnancies, we call them fibroids, we call them cysts, but most of them are evil deposits from the spirit husband," she claimed this in a 2013 sermon on the topic, Daily Beast reported. [...] On the issue of coronavirus, she claims that hydroxychloroquine, the drug that Donald Trump has also touted to be effective and says he has taken himself, can treat coronavirus. She claimed that HCQ is so potent that protective face masks are not required.

Unsurprisingly,

" Donald Trump, who has so frequently been at the loggerheads with the top immunologist Dr Anthony Fauci, CDC and the FDA over the efficacy of Hydroxychlorquine in treatment against the coronavirus, has hugely supported Dr Stella Immanuel who received her medical degree in Nigeria.*

On Monday, he retweeted a video of Immmaunel where she made the controversial claim about HCQ. His son Donald Trump Jr retweeted the video with a comment, "must watch."
                  "

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/demon-sper...-expert-825411

* A country that still believes in witchcraft and persecutes "witch-children".
                  You do know that there were a dozen other doctors supporting Hydroxychlorquine in that news conference right?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Perhaps I can get a clearer answer here than in the Shuny thread where he, IMOHBAO, goes kinda nutty on this.

It says Trump "retweeted" a tweet from Trump Jr. Is there any evidence that Trump "supports and follows" Immmaunel? I mean, this reads like a supermarket tabloid hit piece, claiming "Donald Trump... has hugely supported Dr Stella Immanuel..."

Is there any proof of this other than a retweet of a tweet?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      You do know that there were a dozen other doctors supporting Hydroxychlorquine in that news conference right?
                      Are they of the same calibre as Immanuel? If so perhaps some Americans should be concerned.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        A dozen doctors being associated with a lunatic isn't a selling point.

It's almost an indictment of them.

---

And yes, the retweet is obviously an endorsement in this context.
                        Last edited by Whateverman; 07-29-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

What does her support of HCQ, and Don Jr Rt'ing it, and POTUS retweeting his son's tweet have to do with her esoteric beliefs? Can't both premises be correct? That HCQ has several studies that show its efficacy and the good Dr is an esoteric loon?
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Perhaps I can get a clearer answer here than in the Shuny thread where he, IMOHBAO, goes kinda nutty on this.

It says Trump "retweeted" a tweet from Trump Jr. Is there any evidence that Trump "supports and follows" Immmaunel? I mean, this reads like a supermarket tabloid hit piece, claiming "Donald Trump... has hugely supported Dr Stella Immanuel..."

Is there any proof of this other than a retweet of a tweet?
                            According to one UK newspaper [the Guardian] "At a White House press conference on Tuesday, Trump expressed puzzlement over why the so-called “America’s Frontline Doctors” video had been removed, noting that Immanuel claimed to be treating hundreds of Covid-19 patients with the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine, which he has long championed despite federal public health advice that it is ineffective against coronavirus.

“I don’t know why,” he told reporters. “I think they’re very respected doctors. There was a woman who was spectacular in her statements about it and she’s had tremendous success with it.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...oroquine-video

Who knows what Trump thinks? We know that in the past he has championed this treatment and apparently was, at least for a period of time, taking hydroxychloroquine, or so he told the press.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

"It's a RETWEET of something he saw from Trump Jr."

Interesting that people are suddenly not responsible for what they publish.

Drump could retweet Mein Kampf, and you people would defend him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                What does her support of HCQ, and Don Jr Rt'ing it, and POTUS retweeting his son's tweet have to do with her esoteric beliefs? Can't both premises be correct? That HCQ has several studies that show its efficacy and the good Dr is an esoteric loon?
                                Well, that too, but the article also said "tweets", as in more than one. I'd like to see that, too.

Comment