Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump follows and endorses crazy Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    . . . then it is a problem of Trump accepting and endorcing the advice of a terribly unreliable source without reasonable checking. Call it naive, demincia or simply incompetance. He simply had to google Stella Immanuel and all would be explained to him 'IF' he did not know.

Ignorance is not an excuse.
    But it's the norm.

I would estimate that barely one Twitter user in 100,000 bothers to Google before retweeting. I saw her video on Facebook. I found her to sound articulate and intelligent (forgive my Bidenism), so I immediately Shared. It never occurred to me to probulate her background and beliefs, and I don't recall even seeing her name on the video anyway.

Later I *did* hear about her background, only because of a post by "The Great One" Levin. I followed up, and added that info in a Comment to my own Share. It's concerning, but does not automatically invalidate her reporting on her clinical experiences with HCQ.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      I was fitting my response within the modern culture. I was being ironic here. It was more to bring to light the inconsistency of the mainstream media. It is good that you invited elaboration.

Partly I assumed she is a Christian -- I think because of mention of her prophesying. And was irritated by the hit piece, especially for some of its inaccuracies.

I'm glad that she is promoting the treatment that is suppressed by the MSM because she is talking about the success she has had in treating people.
      She heads a Christian ministry. If no one else has done so in this thread, I'll try to look it up and link it.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

The tweet from the Twit endorses her specifically without qualification.
        *At most* it endorses the content of *that video*, not the entirety of her persona or practices.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Ben Carson has some odd beliefs but was still a first rate neurosurgeon.
          Not quite so odd as Dr. Isabell's, I think. (I hope I got her name right.)

Edit -- My apologies. Dr. Immanuel. Her ministry is "Fire Power Ministries." Currently the Web site is giving a 500-series server error. The Facebook page is here.
          Last edited by NorrinRadd; 07-29-2020, 10:51 PM.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            *At most* it endorses the content of *that video*, not the entirety of her persona or practices.
            Certainly. The other information about her came from media people who sought to uncover dirt on the medical doctors. They chose a doctor who they felt could best give the worst impression about the video. This is an underhanded tactic by the media. It is not likely that the media had spread their defamatory research before Trump tweeted.

She is still a hero for standing up against the lies of Fauci and the media. The sad thing is that we have so few doctors willing to defend the best practices for treating patients with coronavirus.

Comment

She heads a Christian ministry. If no one else has done so in this thread, I'll try to look it up and link it.
              I could not access the website. It is http://firepowerministry.org/ I'm not sure if the web host did something or if there is a DDoS against them (or could be too many visits). You can look it up on archive.org

I was not spending much time looking around there, but she still has a youtube channel.

Comment

The government does not need to be involved in the production of HCQ. The government is usually at its best when it stays out of economics.
                The government needs to be involved to ensure that people who need HCQ for malaria and lupus aren't harmed by idiots buying it for covid-19.

I'm glad to hear you go with science. This is what has demonstrated the effectivity of HCQ.
                Not according to the scientists.

Comment

Thanks for your disinformation Shuny. We can count on you to supply the info from the corrupt Fauci.

I know the debate on the HCQ is difficult when there is so much pressure from the government and the mainstream media to accept the official narrative. That is why it is important to also get information from a broad spectrum. I'm here to help you get a better perspective. It certainly doesn't help when you fan the fire that we spend hours putting out.

And please don't post CNN garbage here. You could at least find a reputable source. CNN was exposed for its full intent to get Trump kicked out of office -- sort of a personal vendetta by the CEO or founder or someone high in CNN.
                  No coherent response and no references, as usual, to support your rant. Respond to the content, which is specifc, and not just attack the source, which is a fallacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Apparently some of the Spanish language stations around here reported that Trump fired Fauci and she was his replacement.
                    My esse at work still insists that Trump fired Fauci because he heard it on the radio news not once but twice.

I asked him if that was the same news that claimed that Trump was giving weapons and ammunition to the KKK so they could go out and kill minorities after he was sworn in. His silence and look on his face said it all.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But it's the norm.

I would estimate that barely one Twitter user in 100,000 bothers to Google before retweeting. I saw her video on Facebook. I found her to sound articulate and intelligent (forgive my Bidenism), so I immediately Shared. It never occurred to me to probulate her background and beliefs, and I don't recall even seeing her name on the video anyway.

Later I *did* hear about her background, only because of a post by "The Great One" Levin. I followed up, and added that info in a Comment to my own Share. It's concerning, but does not automatically invalidate her reporting on her clinical experiences with HCQ.
                      Norm for whom?!?!? Not for people in leadership and responsible positions. I would not cite anything unless I knew the source.

Your mising a key point here: She advocated that HCQ was a complete cure and included her withcraft in her view of the cure, which is a dangerous view that could lead to peoples death.

Trump also retweeted this after it was taken down, and I believe it was taken down again, but I have to check. Trump is the president, and it is his responsibility to show competence, leadership and know the sources he refers to, because as with the Quaky Looney Bins doctor, people can die or suffer from terrible medical advice,
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-30-2020, 07:13 AM.

Comment

She has a storefront church right next to her Houston storefront doctor office.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No coherent response and no references, as usual, to support your rant. Respond to the content, which is specifc, and not just attack the source, which is a fallacy.
                          There is a cure for your OCD.

There was nothing posted but a CNN rant. I'm not sure what the cure is for that.
                          Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-30-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Norm for whom?!?!? Not for people in leadership and responsible positions. I would not cite anything unless I knew the source.

Your mising a key point here: She advocated that HCQ was a complete cure and included her withcraft in her view of the cure, which is a dangerous view that could lead to peoples death.

Trump also retweeted this after it was taken down, and I believe it was taken down again, but I have to check. Trump is the president, and it is his responsibility to show competence, leadership and know the sources he refers to, because as with the Quaky Looney Bins doctor, people can die or suffer from terrible medical advice,
                            Your OCD is kicking in. This article was just another TDS-based CNN rant. She is one of ten or more doctors who were there to speak of their successful treatment of coronavirus. The news sought out the doctor they could malign most, so as to discredit the whole group. I can tell you have nothing to say since you have focused on the religious concerns of this one doctor.

Comment

Trump is the president, and it is his responsibility to show competence, leadership and know the sources he refers to, because as with the Quaky Looney Bins doctor, people can die or suffer from terrible medical advice,
                              I would put a finer point on this:

If a person has easy access to the best expertise available on a vast array of subjects, he has a moral imperative to make the best use of it possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                                I would put a finer point on this:

If a person has easy access to the best expertise available on a vast array of subjects, he has a moral imperative to make the best use of it possible.
                                Thank God that Trump has better resources than provided by Fauci. So many people fail to recognize that critical concept. Trump has continually had better information than Fauci. Trump has continually had this information before Fauci.

Comment