Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump follows and endorses crazy Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    . . . then it is a problem of Trump accepting and endorcing
    Besides a tweet, do you have any evidence to show that Trump actually endorces [sic] this woman?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's not at all unusual for Trump to yield to confirmation bias, seeking out anything that he feels supports his position. Yeah, I can't seem to find anything besides this tweet, and I'm sure he didn't know about the weird religion part.

It's also possible to believe in weird religion and still be a good doctor. The religion part appears to be part of her culture.
      From our perspective, her background shouldn't affect the theological content of her message. I know there are well meaning people out there who think it's okay for black Christians to weave in influences like Rastafarianism (a famous Christian rock band was accused of doing this a few years ago) and voodoo because it's "cultural", but as a Christian, I can't give her a pass on that because she did invoke the name of Jesus. That was my problem with Mike's post; he seemed to imply that it was racist to go after her because she's black.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Criticizing an individual black person does not mean that you're being racist. That's something I would expect to hear from a social justice warrior but not from you.
        I was fitting my response within the modern culture. I was being ironic here. It was more to bring to light the inconsistency of the mainstream media. It is good that you invited elaboration.

Partly I assumed she is a Christian -- I think because of mention of her prophesying. And was irritated by the hit piece, especially for some of its inaccuracies.

I'm glad that she is promoting the treatment that is suppressed by the MSM because she is talking about the success she has had in treating people.

Comment

From our perspective, her background shouldn't affect the theological content of her message. I know there are well meaning people out there who think it's okay for black Christians to weave in influences like Rastafarianism (a famous Christian rock band was accused of doing this a few years ago) and voodoo because it's "cultural", but as a Christian, I can't give her a pass on that because she did invoke the name of Jesus. That was my problem with Mike's post; he seemed to imply that it was racist to go after her because she's black.
          Yeah, got that. But thanks for explaining. I do take seriously these "in Jesus' name" statements and prophesies.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            I was fitting my response within the modern culture. I was being ironic here. It was more to bring to light the inconsistency of the mainstream media. It is good that you invited elaboration.

Partly I assumed she is a Christian -- I think because of mention of her prophesying. And was irritated by the hit piece, especially for some of its inaccuracies.

I'm glad that she is promoting the treatment that is suppressed by the MSM because she is talking about the success she has had in treating people.
            Thanks for clarifying you were being ironic.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Thanks for clarifying you were being ironic.
              Though I'm not sure ironic is the word.

Comment

Besides a tweet, do you have any evidence to show that Trump actually endorces [sic] this woman?
                Not a silly Tweet from a Twit.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/technology/virus-video-trump.html

Misleading Virus Video, Pushed by the Trumps, Spreads Online

Social media companies took down the video within hours. But by then, it had already been viewed tens of millions of times.

A woman who identified herself as Dr. Stella Immanuel speaking during a video shared by “America’s Frontline Doctors.”
                By Sheera Frenkel and Davey Alba

July 28, 2020Updated 6:38 p.m. ET

In a video posted Monday online, a group of people calling themselves “America’s Frontline Doctors” and wearing white medical coats spoke against the backdrop of the Supreme Court in Washington, sharing misleading claims about the virus, including that hydroxychloroquine was an effective coronavirus treatment and that masks did not slow the spread of the virus.

The video did not appear to be anything special. But within six hours, President Trump and his son Donald Trump Jr. had tweeted versions of it, and the right-wing news site Breitbart had shared it. It went viral, shared largely through Facebook groups dedicated to anti-vaccination movements and conspiracy theories such as QAnon, racking up tens of millions of views. Multiple versions of the video were uploaded to YouTube, and links were shared through Twitter.

Facebook, YouTube and Twitter worked feverishly to remove it, but by the time they had, the video had already become the latest example of misinformation about the virus that has spread widely.

That was because the video had been designed specifically to appeal to internet conspiracists and conservatives eager to see the economy reopen, with a setting and characters to lend authenticity. It showed that even as social media companies have sped up response time to remove dangerous virus misinformation within hours of its posting, people have continued to find new ways around the platforms’ safeguards.

“Misinformation about a deadly virus has become political fodder, which was then spread by many individuals who are trusted by their constituencies,” said Lisa Kaplan, founder of Alethea Group, a start-up that helps fight disinformation. “If just one person listened to anyone spreading these falsehoods and they subsequently took an action that caused others to catch, spread or even die from the virus — that is one person too many.”

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Social media companies took down the video within hours. But by then, it had already been viewed tens of millions of times.

A woman who identified herself as Dr. Stella Immanuel speaking during a video shared by “America’s Frontline Doctors.”

In a video posted Monday online, a group of people calling themselves “America’s Frontline Doctors” and wearing white medical coats spoke against the backdrop of the Supreme Court in Washington, sharing misleading claims about the virus, including that hydroxychloroquine was an effective coronavirus treatment and that masks did not slow the spread of the virus.

The video did not appear to be anything special. But within six hours, President Trump and his son Donald Trump Jr. had tweeted versions of it, and the right-wing news site Breitbart had shared it. It went viral, shared largely through Facebook groups dedicated to anti-vaccination movements and conspiracy theories such as QAnon, racking up tens of millions of views. Multiple versions of the video were uploaded to YouTube, and links were shared through Twitter.

Facebook, YouTube and Twitter worked feverishly to remove it, but by the time they had, the video had already become the latest example of misinformation about the virus that has spread widely.

That was because the video had been designed specifically to appeal to internet conspiracists and conservatives eager to see the economy reopen, with a setting and characters to lend authenticity. It showed that even as social media companies have sped up response time to remove dangerous virus misinformation within hours of its posting, people have continued to find new ways around the platforms’ safeguards.

“Misinformation about a deadly virus has become political fodder, which was then spread by many individuals who are trusted by their constituencies,” said Lisa Kaplan, founder of Alethea Group, a start-up that helps fight disinformation. “If just one person listened to anyone spreading these falsehoods and they subsequently took an action that caused others to catch, spread or even die from the virus — that is one person too many.”

OK, Mister DuckBobWeave, now answer my question -- besides Trump's tweet, do you have any support for your dumb thread title?

Comment

Also, how are facebook and twitter supposed to figure out which side is the truth? It is the debate that allows us to examine things beyond just the official government position.

If you want to counter misinformation, the NYT is hardly the credible source to rely on. The NYT is the most political player in the game. We find that the fact-checkers are assuring that we get the misinformation.

Comment

I only have seen snippets about her beliefs. I'm not endorsing some of the esoteric views as a proper form of Christianity but I do recognize that people can come in with wrong ideas when becoming Christians. Hopefully, we are able to shed the worst of those. I prefer the most pristine version of Christianity, whatever that might be. I recognize there is a lot of variance from that (if holding to the central tenets) that are acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        If you want to counter misinformation, the NYT is hardly the credible source to rely on. The NYT is the most political player in the game. We find that the fact-checkers are assuring that we get the misinformation.
                        This report is factual, and I actually posted what Trump Twit tweeted. The facts are in what Trump Tweeted. Despite what you claim the New York Times is an International recognized NE==news source.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

This report is factual, and I actually posted what Trump Twit tweeted. The facts are in what Trump Tweeted. Despite what you claim the New York Times is an International recognized NE==news source.
                          OK, Mister DuckBobWeave, now answer my question -- besides Trump's tweet, do you have any support for your dumb thread title?

Comment

Why then is the NYT just sharing the lies about coronavirus? That does not help their credibility.

Comment

And, other than a Tweet, has Trump really endorsed her? I know Trump Jr wanted everybody to see her video, but Shuny makes it sound like she's Trump's new "go to" for Covid advice. I'm guessing that's a steaming pile of poo.
                              That's because you need defend all things Trump, CP. He used in support of his endorsement of Hydroxychloriquine, a drug btw that his own FDA said is of no benefit and potentially dangerous, a complete loon who he tried to pass off as a sane and competent doctor. The fact that he's still encouraging people to take that drug is bad enough in itself.
                              Last edited by JimL; 07-29-2020, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Wow. This is insane.

Stella Immanuel was speaking as part of America's Frontline Doctors. She is from Nigeria -- my bad guess earlier. She treated 350 patients with no deaths.

She was not the only one speaking but she was part of this group of doctors. I think they chose her to be publicized because the Mainstream Media figured that they could emphasize points about her life that would try to shame her and the message among the public.

The video is available at 153news.net/watch_video.php?v=KSASKSUAW4MX
                                Note that your internet provider may block the 153news.net. I hade to access this website through a VPN. If you can't view the video directly, you can download the video and play it with videolan.org player or one of Microsoft video players.

The video has been removed from twitter and youtube (at least the initial posting there). There website (americanfrontlinedoctors.com) was removed within days. So there were 3 places of censorship -- one was squarespace hosting. This is unheard of censorship of doctors who are trying to get a reasonable approach that opens the economy.

If you want something that is evidence of evildoing, a similar website hostname was created by the CDC as americanfrontlinedoctors.org. This is insane that the CDC would do this. People should be aware of the impropriety of the CDC doing this -- it is totally wrong for the CDC to do this trickery. Wake up or we will only suffer for the halting of public debate and policies of quarantine. Free speech is to give us the ability to speak against the actions of the government.

In summary, many problems are apparent
                                1. censorship by big internet companies
                                2. CDC taking a link associated with the public opposition to the CDC
                                3. the false study printed in New England Journal of Medicine
                                4. stifling of doctors' messages, of publicly debate
                                5. the selective defaming of Stella when there were other doctors also promoting Hydroxychloroquine

You can find some additional but older news on coronavirus at https://www.medicineuncensored.com/. Some retracted studies are pointed out on that site.
                                Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-29-2020, 12:53 AM.

Comment