Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 252

Thread: Trump follows and endorses crazy Doctor

  1. #21
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,702
    Amen (Given)
    14495
    Amen (Received)
    29476
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Thanks for clarifying you were being ironic.
    Though I'm not sure ironic is the word.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #22
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,221
    Amen (Given)
    1854
    Amen (Received)
    1098
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Besides a tweet, do you have any evidence to show that Trump actually endorces [sic] this woman?
    Not a silly Tweet from a Twit.

    Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/technology/virus-video-trump.html



    Misleading Virus Video, Pushed by the Trumps, Spreads Online

    Social media companies took down the video within hours. But by then, it had already been viewed tens of millions of times.

    A woman who identified herself as Dr. Stella Immanuel speaking during a video shared by “America’s Frontline Doctors.”
    By Sheera Frenkel and Davey Alba

    July 28, 2020Updated 6:38 p.m. ET

    In a video posted Monday online, a group of people calling themselves “America’s Frontline Doctors” and wearing white medical coats spoke against the backdrop of the Supreme Court in Washington, sharing misleading claims about the virus, including that hydroxychloroquine was an effective coronavirus treatment and that masks did not slow the spread of the virus.

    The video did not appear to be anything special. But within six hours, President Trump and his son Donald Trump Jr. had tweeted versions of it, and the right-wing news site Breitbart had shared it. It went viral, shared largely through Facebook groups dedicated to anti-vaccination movements and conspiracy theories such as QAnon, racking up tens of millions of views. Multiple versions of the video were uploaded to YouTube, and links were shared through Twitter.

    Facebook, YouTube and Twitter worked feverishly to remove it, but by the time they had, the video had already become the latest example of misinformation about the virus that has spread widely.

    That was because the video had been designed specifically to appeal to internet conspiracists and conservatives eager to see the economy reopen, with a setting and characters to lend authenticity. It showed that even as social media companies have sped up response time to remove dangerous virus misinformation within hours of its posting, people have continued to find new ways around the platforms’ safeguards.

    “Misinformation about a deadly virus has become political fodder, which was then spread by many individuals who are trusted by their constituencies,” said Lisa Kaplan, founder of Alethea Group, a start-up that helps fight disinformation. “If just one person listened to anyone spreading these falsehoods and they subsequently took an action that caused others to catch, spread or even die from the virus — that is one person too many.”

    © Copyright Original Source

    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  3. #23
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,702
    Amen (Given)
    14495
    Amen (Received)
    29476
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Not a silly Tweet from a Twit.

    Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/technology/virus-video-trump.html



    Misleading Virus Video, Pushed by the Trumps, Spreads Online

    Social media companies took down the video within hours. But by then, it had already been viewed tens of millions of times.

    A woman who identified herself as Dr. Stella Immanuel speaking during a video shared by “America’s Frontline Doctors.”
    By Sheera Frenkel and Davey Alba

    July 28, 2020Updated 6:38 p.m. ET

    In a video posted Monday online, a group of people calling themselves “America’s Frontline Doctors” and wearing white medical coats spoke against the backdrop of the Supreme Court in Washington, sharing misleading claims about the virus, including that hydroxychloroquine was an effective coronavirus treatment and that masks did not slow the spread of the virus.

    The video did not appear to be anything special. But within six hours, President Trump and his son Donald Trump Jr. had tweeted versions of it, and the right-wing news site Breitbart had shared it. It went viral, shared largely through Facebook groups dedicated to anti-vaccination movements and conspiracy theories such as QAnon, racking up tens of millions of views. Multiple versions of the video were uploaded to YouTube, and links were shared through Twitter.

    Facebook, YouTube and Twitter worked feverishly to remove it, but by the time they had, the video had already become the latest example of misinformation about the virus that has spread widely.

    That was because the video had been designed specifically to appeal to internet conspiracists and conservatives eager to see the economy reopen, with a setting and characters to lend authenticity. It showed that even as social media companies have sped up response time to remove dangerous virus misinformation within hours of its posting, people have continued to find new ways around the platforms’ safeguards.

    “Misinformation about a deadly virus has become political fodder, which was then spread by many individuals who are trusted by their constituencies,” said Lisa Kaplan, founder of Alethea Group, a start-up that helps fight disinformation. “If just one person listened to anyone spreading these falsehoods and they subsequently took an action that caused others to catch, spread or even die from the virus — that is one person too many.”

    © Copyright Original Source

    OK, Mister DuckBobWeave, now answer my question -- besides Trump's tweet, do you have any support for your dumb thread title?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  4. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  5. #24
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,601
    Amen (Given)
    442
    Amen (Received)
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Not a silly Tweet from a Twit.

    Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/technology/virus-video-trump.html



    Misleading Virus Video, Pushed by the Trumps, Spreads Online

    Social media companies took down the video within hours. But by then, it had already been viewed tens of millions of times.

    A woman who identified herself as Dr. Stella Immanuel speaking during a video shared by “America’s Frontline Doctors.”
    By Sheera Frenkel and Davey Alba

    July 28, 2020Updated 6:38 p.m. ET

    In a video posted Monday online, a group of people calling themselves “America’s Frontline Doctors” and wearing white medical coats spoke against the backdrop of the Supreme Court in Washington, sharing misleading claims about the virus, including that hydroxychloroquine was an effective coronavirus treatment and that masks did not slow the spread of the virus.

    Also, how are facebook and twitter supposed to figure out which side is the truth? It is the debate that allows us to examine things beyond just the official government position.
    ...
    Facebook, YouTube and Twitter worked feverishly to remove it, but by the time they had, the video had already become the latest example of misinformation about the virus that has spread widely.
    ..
    “Misinformation about a deadly virus has become political fodder, which was then spread by many individuals who are trusted by their constituencies,” said Lisa Kaplan, founder of Alethea Group, a start-up that helps fight disinformation. “If just one person listened to anyone spreading these falsehoods and they subsequently took an action that caused others to catch, spread or even die from the virus — that is one person too many.”

    © Copyright Original Source

    If you want to counter misinformation, the NYT is hardly the credible source to rely on. The NYT is the most political player in the game. We find that the fact-checkers are assuring that we get the misinformation.

  6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  7. #25
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,601
    Amen (Given)
    442
    Amen (Received)
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    From our perspective, her background shouldn't affect the theological content of her message. I know there are well meaning people out there who think it's okay for black Christians to weave in influences like Rastafarianism (a famous Christian rock band was accused of doing this a few years ago) and voodoo because it's "cultural", but as a Christian, I can't give her a pass on that because she did invoke the name of Jesus. That was my problem with Mike's post; he seemed to imply that it was racist to go after her because she's black.
    I only have seen snippets about her beliefs. I'm not endorsing some of the esoteric views as a proper form of Christianity but I do recognize that people can come in with wrong ideas when becoming Christians. Hopefully, we are able to shed the worst of those. I prefer the most pristine version of Christianity, whatever that might be. I recognize there is a lot of variance from that (if holding to the central tenets) that are acceptable.

  8. #26
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,221
    Amen (Given)
    1854
    Amen (Received)
    1098
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    If you want to counter misinformation, the NYT is hardly the credible source to rely on. The NYT is the most political player in the game. We find that the fact-checkers are assuring that we get the misinformation.
    This report is factual, and I actually posted what Trump Twit tweeted. The facts are in what Trump Tweeted. Despite what you claim the New York Times is an International recognized NE==news source.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  9. #27
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,702
    Amen (Given)
    14495
    Amen (Received)
    29476
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    This report is factual, and I actually posted what Trump Twit tweeted. The facts are in what Trump Tweeted. Despite what you claim the New York Times is an International recognized NE==news source.
    OK, Mister DuckBobWeave, now answer my question -- besides Trump's tweet, do you have any support for your dumb thread title?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  11. #28
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,601
    Amen (Given)
    442
    Amen (Received)
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    This report is factual, and I actually posted what Trump Twit tweeted. The facts are in what Trump Tweeted. Despite what you claim the New York Times is an International recognized NE==news source.
    Why then is the NYT just sharing the lies about coronavirus? That does not help their credibility.

  12. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  13. #29
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,640
    Amen (Given)
    2363
    Amen (Received)
    1814
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And, other than a Tweet, has Trump really endorsed her? I know Trump Jr wanted everybody to see her video, but Shuny makes it sound like she's Trump's new "go to" for Covid advice. I'm guessing that's a steaming pile of poo.
    That's because you need defend all things Trump, CP. He used in support of his endorsement of Hydroxychloriquine, a drug btw that his own FDA said is of no benefit and potentially dangerous, a complete loon who he tried to pass off as a sane and competent doctor. The fact that he's still encouraging people to take that drug is bad enough in itself.
    Last edited by JimL; 07-28-2020 at 10:29 PM.

  14. #30
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,601
    Amen (Given)
    442
    Amen (Received)
    1083
    Wow. This is insane.

    Stella Immanuel was speaking as part of America's Frontline Doctors. She is from Nigeria -- my bad guess earlier. She treated 350 patients with no deaths.

    She was not the only one speaking but she was part of this group of doctors. I think they chose her to be publicized because the Mainstream Media figured that they could emphasize points about her life that would try to shame her and the message among the public.

    The video is available at 153news.net/watch_video.php?v=KSASKSUAW4MX
    Note that your internet provider may block the 153news.net. I hade to access this website through a VPN. If you can't view the video directly, you can download the video and play it with videolan.org player or one of Microsoft video players.

    The video has been removed from twitter and youtube (at least the initial posting there). There website (americanfrontlinedoctors.com) was removed within days. So there were 3 places of censorship -- one was squarespace hosting. This is unheard of censorship of doctors who are trying to get a reasonable approach that opens the economy.

    If you want something that is evidence of evildoing, a similar website hostname was created by the CDC as americanfrontlinedoctors.org. This is insane that the CDC would do this. People should be aware of the impropriety of the CDC doing this -- it is totally wrong for the CDC to do this trickery. Wake up or we will only suffer for the halting of public debate and policies of quarantine. Free speech is to give us the ability to speak against the actions of the government.

    In summary, many problems are apparent
    1. censorship by big internet companies
    2. CDC taking a link associated with the public opposition to the CDC
    3. the false study printed in New England Journal of Medicine
    4. stifling of doctors' messages, of publicly debate
    5. the selective defaming of Stella when there were other doctors also promoting Hydroxychloroquine

    You can find some additional but older news on coronavirus at https://www.medicineuncensored.com/. Some retracted studies are pointed out on that site.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-28-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •