Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Biden: "I'll be the most progressive President ever"

  1. #1
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,780
    Amen (Given)
    14533
    Amen (Received)
    29513

    Biden: "I'll be the most progressive President ever"

    What has he accomplished all his years in DC?

    And NOW he's going to be the agent of change, while 'declaring' this in an incredibly feeble and weak manner.

    AND, his own colleagues think he's not progressive enough!

    Meanwhile, Nina Turner Says Voting For Joe is Like Eating half a ‘Bowl Of [bad word for poop]".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. Amen Ronson amen'd this post.
  3. #2
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,931
    Amen (Given)
    8313
    Amen (Received)
    8896
    Don't worry. He'll forget he said it by next week.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  4. #3
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,437
    Amen (Given)
    5696
    Amen (Received)
    24232
    when asked how he would handle the riots he said he would let the local police do their jobs. Yet, he is also condemning the police for doing their jobs.

    very progressive. how can they do their jobs if they are defunded and demonized?


    --
    Q: what specifically would you be doing to strike the balance between the right to peaceably assemble, but mitigating the kinds of violence and the damage to public property that we’re seeing?

    Joe Biden: (40:05)
    I’d be using local police as we did when we were in office. When there were riots and there were federal property at stake, we were able to take care of that. We were able to take care of it by the use of, wasn’t as wide as this obviously, the use of local police. And the fact is that arsonists should be held accountable. People carrying guns shooting should be held accountable. People who engage in criminal activity should and must be held accountable and taken to trial.\\

    https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...script-july-28
    Last edited by Sparko; 07-29-2020 at 07:48 AM.

  5. #4
    tWebber Faber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sagittarius Arm
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Amen (Given)
    265
    Amen (Received)
    549
    Fortunately Kanye West will be on the New Jersey ballot. Hopefully he will stay on his medications.

  6. #5
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,780
    Amen (Given)
    14533
    Amen (Received)
    29513
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    when asked how he would handle the riots he said he would let the local police do their jobs. Yet, he is also condemning the police for doing their jobs.

    very progressive. how can they do their jobs if they are defunded and demonized?


    --
    Q: what specifically would you be doing to strike the balance between the right to peaceably assemble, but mitigating the kinds of violence and the damage to public property that we’re seeing?

    Joe Biden: (40:05)
    I’d be using local police as we did when we were in office. When there were riots and there were federal property at stake, we were able to take care of that. We were able to take care of it by the use of, wasn’t as wide as this obviously, the use of local police. And the fact is that arsonists should be held accountable. People carrying guns shooting should be held accountable. People who engage in criminal activity should and must be held accountable and taken to trial.\\

    https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...script-july-28
    So, sleepy Joe thinks he can make a phone call to mayors and governors and say, what, "can you please do me a favor and DO YOUR FREAKIN JOB?"
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  7. #6
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,479
    Amen (Given)
    366
    Amen (Received)
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    when asked how he would handle the riots he said he would let the local police do their jobs. Yet, he is also condemning the police for doing their jobs.
    He's never done the latter, and you have no evidence to the contrary.

    Condemning someone for failing to do their job properly doesn't constitute condemning them for doing their job - and you know this.
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

  8. #7
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,780
    Amen (Given)
    14533
    Amen (Received)
    29513
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    He's never done the latter, and you have no evidence to the contrary.

    Condemning someone for failing to do their job properly doesn't constitute condemning them for doing their job - and you know this.
    What has Biden done in all his years in DC?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  9. #8
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,190
    Amen (Given)
    408
    Amen (Received)
    1514
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What has Biden done in all his years in DC?


    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  10. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  11. #9
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,437
    Amen (Given)
    5696
    Amen (Received)
    24232
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    He's never done the latter, and you have no evidence to the contrary.

    Condemning someone for failing to do their job properly doesn't constitute condemning them for doing their job - and you know this.
    He is condemning the police that are right now trying to control the riots. The federal and local police that he complains about in the same speech for example, trying to protect the courthouse and city and arresting people who are violent and are arsonists. That is "doing their job"

    Yet he thinks if he was President, that somehow it would be OK for them to do their jobs.

  12. #10
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,780
    Amen (Given)
    14533
    Amen (Received)
    29513
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    He is condemning the police that are right now trying to control the riots. The federal and local police that he complains about in the same speech for example, trying to protect the courthouse and city and arresting people who are violent and are arsonists. That is "doing their job"

    Yet he thinks if he was President, that somehow it would be OK for them to do their jobs.
    Joe is very cowardly trying to appeal to the "Defund the Police" crowd without sounding anti-police. He's failing miserably.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •