Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: According to the Christian worldview:

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    See? That wasn't hard (I'm talking to others who were more reticent than you are here).

Thank you.

As a follow-up to the second question (and it wont bother me if you ignore this):

Let's say I want someone to get the virus - deadly or not - because it'd represent Justice. Would there be anything wrong about this according to the Christian worldview?
    According to Psalm 109, no. But, this is an issue of the heart. Justice and vengeance are different things. We are to seek justice, not vengeance.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

2. Amen mossrose, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Is there anything wrong with not wearing a mask? I don't know what the Christian worldview is on the subject, but I don't think it's a big deal either way.
    So would you answer be "I don't know" or "probably not"?

I don't hope anyone catches the virus.
    That's not what I asked, though. You can hope no one contracts COVID-19 based on something other than the Christian worldview, for example; your experiences as a healthcare professional, your platform as a politician, etc. I'm asking specifically about the Christian worldview, and what Christians think it'd say on both questions.

What prompted these questions?
    Curiosity.
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    According to Psalm 109, no. But, this is an issue of the heart. Justice and vengeance are different things. We are to seek justice, not vengeance.
    I think the text in red would be fun to discuss, but I'm not pursuing it here. You've answered all of my questions. Thanks.
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Some people have argued that masks obscure the image of God, but it's not an argument worth taking seriously.
    OK, but do you have an opinion on either question?

I'm looking for answers, and as long as they're sincere, I'm not going to press them too hard.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So would you answer be "I don't know" or "probably not"?

That's not what I asked, though. You can hope no one contracts COVID-19 based on something other than the Christian worldview, for example; your experiences as a healthcare professional, your platform as a politician, etc. I'm asking specifically about the Christian worldview, and what Christians think it'd say on both questions.
    OK. So I'll answer "probably not" and "I don't know" - in that order.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    OK. So I'll answer "probably not" and "I don't know" - in that order.
    Fair enough. Thanks.

Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    1. There is nothing wrong with wearing a mask and not wearing a mask. If you have health issues where wearing one is not possible especially then fine.
    2. We should never pray anyone gets the virus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    See? That wasn't hard (I'm talking to others who were more reticent than you are here).

Thank you.

As a follow-up to the second question (and it wont bother me if you ignore this):

Let's say I want someone to get the virus - deadly or not - because it'd represent Justice. Would there be anything wrong about this according to the Christian worldview?
    For me, the later would be wrong because I am taking on God's role of judge. Also, if the person did get the virus, I can't make the leap to God caused them to get it.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ... is there anything wrong with either of the following? Please explain if your answer if it's something other than "no":

• Not wearing a COVID-19 mask
    • Hoping that someone contracts the virus
    We try to love our neighbours as best we can. That means we try to genuinely consider the interests of others in our day to day interactions and act accordingly.

If not wearing a mask has a realistic possibility of harming our neighbours during our interactions then I’d say that not wearing a mask, in these situations, is wrong.

Hoping someone suffers doesn’t sound right either.

11. Amen Esther amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ... is there anything wrong with either of the following? Please explain if your answer if it's something other than "no":

• Not wearing a COVID-19 mask
    • Hoping that someone contracts the virus
    Do Christians really give this that much thought? What next? Angels dancing on a pin?
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE