Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadler: Antifa violence is a myth

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ya know, it seems like the more words you use in a response, the more obvious it is that you simply can't answer a simple question.
    As it seems, as in the above reply, the less words you use in a response indicates the same in reverse.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    As it seems, as in the above reply, the less words you use in a response indicates the same in reverse.
    Stop Saying Stupid Stuff.gif
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ya know, it seems like the more words you use in a response, the more obvious it is that you simply can't answer a simple question.
    Why? I have given you a perfectly coherent reply.
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    My point has been that while those historic grievances [perceived or otherwise] were both, at the time, and today considered justification for rebellion against the lawful government and its officials...
    Excuse the off-topic questions, but what would be an unlawful government and how is that determined? Did Gaddafi run the lawful government of Libya (before he was killed)? Or Assad in Syria?

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Excuse the off-topic questions, but what would be an unlawful government and how is that determined? Did Gaddafi run the lawful government of Libya (before he was killed)? Or Assad in Syria?
    The colonials were rebelling against the legitimate and lawful government of those colonies i.e. they were British colonies and the colonials were subjects of the British Crown. I realise some present day Americans do not care to remember that fact, but that does not invalidate the fact at that point in history.
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The colonials were rebelling against the legitimate and lawful government of those colonies i.e. they were British colonies and the colonials were subjects of the British Crown.
    The problem was that the government had acted contrary to the rights of British citizens. The government had lost its authority.

Worse, the BLM and Antifa is led by Marxist revolutionaries to promote an oppressive system. I doubt their leaders have any desire to promote freedom in America.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 08-01-2020 at 03:17 PM.

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The colonials were rebelling against the legitimate and lawful government of those colonies i.e. they were British colonies and the colonials were subjects of the British Crown.
    That doesn't answer the question. Colonists lived in the colonies, paid taxes in the colonies, fought in the wars to protect the colonies - but they belonged to Britain? You mean the colonies belonged to a bunch of anemic inbreds on the other side of the ocean? Why?

I realise some Americans do not care to remember that fact, but that does not invalidate the fact.
    You didn't establish it as fact. I asked what differentiates "lawful" and "unlawful" governments.

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    The problem was that the government had acted contrary to the rights of British citizens. The government had lost its authority.
    Not at all. The government was perfectly within its rights to raise taxes on its colonies [as it did in mainland Britain] to help pay for the war.

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That doesn't answer the question. Colonists lived in the colonies, paid taxes in the colonies, fought in the wars to protect the colonies - but they belonged to Britain? You mean the colonies belong to a bunch of anemic inbreds on the other side of the ocean? Why?
    Are you really so uninformed about the history of how those American colonies came to be established?

You didn't establish it as fact. I asked what differentiates "lawful" and "unlawful" governments.
    The fact is that at the time the American colonies were part of the [then] fledgling British Empire.

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    actually that is the difference the Founders were trying to separate themselves from Britain so as to rule themselves not overthrow Britain just tell britain to leave them alson here thei are trying to overthorw the U.S Government and destroy the constitution. so Hypatia is wrong in ikening the anarchist to the American Revoluton he should be looking for a more recent revolution like the Russian revolution of last century or the Chines revolution.
    "he" is a "she"!