Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadler: Antifa violence is a myth

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Antifa seems to be having virtually zero involvement with these BLM protests. It's interesting that the minds of right-wingers can't seem to cope with this reality.
    From the Seattle Times - I would guess they would know a bit more about what's happening in Oregon than you do from your "across the pond" dwelling.

From Antifa to Mothers in Helmets, Diverse Elements Fuel Portland Protests

Demonstrators in Portland, including some who identify as antifa, the loose coalition of self-described anti-fascist activists, have had years of conflict with law enforcement. But after the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis set off a nationwide movement for racial justice and police accountability, the protest in Portland drew thousands to the streets.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe Americans should realise that their nation was established by rebellion against the legal government and its representatives and that a great deal of violence was involved, and recognise this as part of their national DNA.
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    From the Seattle Times - I would guess they would know a bit more about what's happening in Oregon than you do from your "across the pond" dwelling.

Demonstrators in Portland, including some who identify as antifa, the loose coalition of self-described anti-fascist activists, have had years of conflict with law enforcement. But after the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis set off a nationwide movement for racial justice and police accountability, the protest in Portland drew thousands to the streets.
    Why CP, do you think it is that Atty Gen Barr and Trump, not to mention Republicans in general, keep accusing Antifa, without substantiating it btw, when they are well aware that white supremicists are infiltrating the protests in order to cause violence and make it look as though the protesters are violent. Why do you think it is they wouldn't mention white supremecists at all, when they well know that they are involved?
    Last edited by JimL; 07-29-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Why CP, do you think it is that Atty Gen Barr and Trump, not to mention Republicans in general, keep accusing Antifa, without substantiating it btw, when they are well aware that white supremicists are infiltrating the protests in order to cause violence and make it look as though the protesters are violent. Why do you think it is they wouldn't mention white supremecists at all, when they well know that they are involved?
    I am against white supremecists [sic] or anybody else rioting, looting, burning, smashing, defacing federal buildings, acting like thugs, or otherwise disturbing the peace.

Your turn.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am against white supremecists [sic] or anybody else rioting, looting, burning, smashing, defacing federal buildings, acting like thugs, or otherwise disturbing the peace.

Your turn.
    Doesn't answer to my post. Still your turn.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Maybe Americans should realise that their nation was established by rebellion against the legal government and its representatives and that a great deal of violence was involved, and recognise this as part of their national DNA.
    A) You DO realize that they went through a very thorough peaceful and well-thought out process before "rising up", yes?
    2) They also realized that their actions were an act of war, and were willing to risk their very lives, Fortunes and Sacred Honor.

These were sober men (though they frequently met in taverns :)), not a bunch of self-centered anarchists looting and burning and rioting.

8. Amen RumTumTugger, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Doesn't answer to my post. Still your turn.
    You can't condemn the violence of your anarchist thug heroes.

I CLEARLY and without reservation condemn any white supremacists who may be looting and vandalizing and causing mayhem as not represent my values, and they should be in jail.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You can't condemn the violence of your anarchist thug heroes.

I CLEARLY and without reservation condemn any white supremacists who may be looting and vandalizing and causing mayhem as not represent my values, and they should be in jail.
    I won't call that a lie, or you a liar as you so often feel free to do to others, but that is not a true statement. I have condemned the violence, i've called them troublemakers and criminals, and I don't know of anyone on the side of the protesters who have defended or supported those people and what they're doing. Whoever they are, they are not helping the cause. The fact is that neither you or I have any idea who those people are. I suspect they're a mishmash of anti-fascist, white supremecist and just plain unprincipled vandals.

11. Amen Starlight amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I won't call that a lie, or you a liar as you so often feel free to do to others,
    I rarely call anybody a liar unless it's absolutely clear, and I substantiate it in the same post, as required. On this, you're full of crap.

but that is not a true statement. I have condemned the violence, i've called them troublemakers and criminals, and I don't know of anyone on the side of the protesters who have defended or supported those people and what they're doing. Whoever they are, they are not helping the cause.
    You're just too stupid to understand that PEACEFUL protesters wouldn't be "protesting" in the middle of a riot. And you defend these thugs as "peaceful protesters".

The fact is that neither you or I have any idea who those people are.
    I'm smart enough to know that no peaceful protester is going to be "protesting" in the middle of a riot.

I suspect they're a mishmash of anti-fascist, white supremecist and just plain unprincipled vandals.
    And I condemn ALL of the violence, and I don't pretend that any of the anarchists are "peaceful protesters" or that "peaceful protesters" would be peacefully protesting in the middle of a riot.

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

This article is about how the participants in the protest are very diverse, and how the people who have previously been in antifa are only the tiniest fraction of the people attending these protests.

If an antifa person attends a baseball game it doesn't make it an antifa game, and if an antifa person attends a BLM protest it doesn't make it an antifa protest. The FBI keeps reaffirming a lack of antifa involvement in the protests.
    Last edited by Starlight; 07-29-2020 at 09:35 PM.

15. Amen JimL amen'd this post.