Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Federal officers to withdraw from downtown Portland, governor says..

  1. #1
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,603
    Amen (Given)
    14484
    Amen (Received)
    29451

    Federal officers to withdraw from downtown Portland, governor says..

    Federal officers to withdraw from downtown Portland, governor says

    PORTLAND — Oregon Gov. Kate Brown on Wednesday said that the federal government has agreed to a “phased withdrawal of federal officers” that have been deployed at the federal Mark O. Hatfield Courthouse in Portland amid nightly protests.

    Brown said that the Oregon State Police will provide protection and security for the exterior of the courthouse with the Federal Protective Service. Beginning Thursday “all Customs and Border Protection and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) officers will leave downtown Portland, and shortly thereafter will be going home.”

    What Brown called “a limited contingent of federal officials, who act as building security year-round, will remain and will stay focused on the interior of the U.S. Courthouse.”

    “I have grown increasingly concerned at the nightly confrontation between local community members and federal officers. We need to recognize that the protests in Portland are not solely about the federal presence,” Brown said in a statement released Wednesday. “They started before federal agents descended on our city and they will likely continue after they leave.”

    Brown said the federal officers have “acted as an occupying force, refused accountability, and brought violence and strife to our community.”


    Immediately upon withdrawing, the crowd will become peaceful, the federal buildings will become safe, neat and clean, free from hate-speech and F-bomb graffiti, arson will cease, and Portland will be returned to its former glory!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #2
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    28,428
    Amen (Given)
    2270
    Amen (Received)
    5896
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Immediately upon withdrawing, the crowd will become peaceful, the federal buildings will become safe, neat and clean, free from hate-speech and F-bomb graffiti, arson will cease, and Portland will be returned to its former glory!
    I suspect that will only embolden them. I wonder if Brown will really protect the building...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  3. #3
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,603
    Amen (Given)
    14484
    Amen (Received)
    29451
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I suspect that will only embolden them. I wonder if Brown will really protect the building...
    It's POSSIBLE that the lefties have communicated with the 'protesters' to coordinate "calm" when the Feds withdraw, but we also saw the nutty mayor go into the crowd in a show of solidarity, and the idiots shouted him down and caused him to retreat to a nearby government building.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  4. #4
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,887
    Amen (Given)
    8299
    Amen (Received)
    8876


    ***** Language Warning *****


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  5. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  6. #5
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,603
    Amen (Given)
    14484
    Amen (Received)
    29451
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post


    ***** Language Warning *****
    These are the morons that JimL and his ignorant buddies defend here every day.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  8. #6
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,603
    Amen (Given)
    14484
    Amen (Received)
    29451
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post


    ***** Language Warning *****
    That black gentleman at 3 minutes in expresses (though much more emotionally) the sentiments of my black friends. It's the moron jackwagon WHITE idiots who are driving this, supporting this, and calling for chaos.

    All because they're duped into believing that, somehow, they're showing their 'solidarity' with blacks. I would LOVE for this black man to meet the likes of the morons here who are defending this attack on our country.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  10. #7
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,275
    Amen (Given)
    5669
    Amen (Received)
    24155
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That black gentleman at 3 minutes in expresses (though much more emotionally) the sentiments of my black friends. It's the moron jackwagon WHITE idiots who are driving this, supporting this, and calling for chaos.

    All because they're duped into believing that, somehow, they're showing their 'solidarity' with blacks. I would LOVE for this black man to meet the likes of the morons here who are defending this attack on our country.
    But it's liberal love!

  11. #8
    tWebber NorrinRadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wayne Township, PA
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,646
    Amen (Given)
    5629
    Amen (Received)
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Federal officers to withdraw from downtown Portland, governor says

    PORTLAND — Oregon Gov. Kate Brown on Wednesday said that the federal government has agreed to a “phased withdrawal of federal officers” that have been deployed at the federal Mark O. Hatfield Courthouse in Portland amid nightly protests.

    Brown said that the Oregon State Police will provide protection and security for the exterior of the courthouse with the Federal Protective Service. Beginning Thursday “all Customs and Border Protection and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) officers will leave downtown Portland, and shortly thereafter will be going home.”

    What Brown called “a limited contingent of federal officials, who act as building security year-round, will remain and will stay focused on the interior of the U.S. Courthouse.”

    “I have grown increasingly concerned at the nightly confrontation between local community members and federal officers. We need to recognize that the protests in Portland are not solely about the federal presence,” Brown said in a statement released Wednesday. “They started before federal agents descended on our city and they will likely continue after they leave.”

    Brown said the federal officers have “acted as an occupying force, refused accountability, and brought violence and strife to our community.”


    Immediately upon withdrawing, the crowd will become peaceful, the federal buildings will become safe, neat and clean, free from hate-speech and F-bomb graffiti, arson will cease, and Portland will be returned to its former glory!
    As you probably know by now, Chad Wolf has been on Twitter and Fox News with a somewhat different perspective.

    The "year-round" Federal officials may be "focused" on the "interior" of the Federal property, but will in no way be holed up in there. The other Federal officers who were sent to the area will remain close by until the city *proves* that the local and State police, cooperating with the year-round Federal employees, can adequately protect the premises.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Nationalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

  12. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  13. #9
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    28,428
    Amen (Given)
    2270
    Amen (Received)
    5896
    Not: DHS, Pence reject claim of Portland withdrawal, ‘will not back down'

    by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist | | July 29, 2020 01:29 PM

    The Trump administration is pushing on a claim by Oregon’s governor that federal officers are withdrawing from Portland’s riot zone starting tomorrow and instead said that forces “will not back down” until the state police get control of the nightly firebombing of the federal courthouse they are protecting.

    Acting Homeland Secretary Chad Wolf said that he and Gov. Kate Brown have agreed to a deal that will put state police and local police both outside and inside the federal zone. If those police can end the nightly violence, then federal agents will begin to withdraw.

    “The department will continue to maintain our current, augmented federal law enforcement personnel in Portland until we are assured that the Hatfield Federal Courthouse and other federal properties will no longer be attacked and that the seat of justice in Portland will remain secure,” Wolf said in a statement
    .

    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-not-back-down
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  14. #10
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,109
    Amen (Given)
    174
    Amen (Received)
    369
    I can't imagine any officials in Portland keeping their jobs come next election.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •