Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    He tweets stupid stuff, Jim. That's a reality. And I think he does it to get people like you all worked up in a lather. It's working.

No, Jim - I think he does it to stir up the nutters.

Yup... it's working.

OK, I'm really getting tired of your crap, Jim. I do NOT hate democrats or liberals, and I'm REALLY tired of your psychotic "I predict" nonsense. You REALLY need to get a grip on reality.
    I know you are really tired of my 'crap' CP. The problem is, it's not crap, it's just truth you'd rather not deal with.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• What could possibly go wrong...

Fight erupts over 20,000 unmailed absentee ballots

https://www.registercitizen.com/news...s-15458237.php
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Jim, face it. You are willing to accept virtually anything and everything as long as it might hurt Trump. Collatoral damage is accepted and excused.
        Not true. Trump does things that are wrong. And in doing those things that are wrong, I point them out. If Trump wasn't doing the things that are wrong, I'd have nothing negative to say about him.

You are make the common mistake of thinking that the reason I bring up so many things, or that the reason I am so earnest in my challenges to those things is based on hatred of Trump. No, it is based on the FREQUENCY with which Trump does bad things - which is several times a day usually, and the EXTREME nature of the things done. Part of that confusion is that YOU have lowered your standards significantly for Trump. Indeed, IF the person that was doing the things I bring forward for discussion was Obama, you'd be mad at me for not being upset enough about what was happening.

Just look at how you defend the rioters while vilifying federal law enforcement that was forced to be called in because liberal mayors and governors are grossly derelict in their duties.
        That is your distorted characterization of what I've said rogue. I said over and over that my concern was the abuse of power associated with a federal police force directed by the president, and their abusive tactics in dealing with the situation. I believe that is a MORE serious problem than the protesters that are rioting. Which points to how BAD I think these forces are, not how lightly I view the rioting.

I've NEVER defended the rioters or said what they were doing was ok. What I have said is that these federal troops were overly aggressive and often targeting protestors of the non-violent sort. I have also said that there much better solution that the gross abuse of power formulating this force and directing them in such an aggressive manner represents.

You reveal a willingness to accept this sort of behavior and even twist it into attacks on Trump because that is exactly what you've become

So don't shoot the messenger for pointing out stuff you don't want to hear.
        No - you just can't even allow yourself to even understand the points I'm making. You twist them into the above. It is sad. You are an intellgent man so driven by your hatred of liberals that you can't even comprehend the points I'm making.

Can you comprehend the difference between my concern about the abuse of power associated with how Trump has co-opted th DHS into a federal police force and saying the rioting is ok. I've NEVER said or implied the latter. Not one time.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-05-2020, 05:25 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
            It's pretty obvious how this going down. The Dems couldn't telegraph it any more blatantly. The Dems are prearranging the narrative that Trump is going to delay or obstruct the election. Then the Dems are going to cheat like there's no tomorrow. They're going to pull out all the stops, and they're obviously the ones with the motive since they're desperate to remove Trump (Trump doesn't even seem like he wants a second term). The when Trump's team discovers evidence of fraud and launches an investigation, the Dems will cry -- "SEE, WE WARNED YOU! TRUMP IS TRYING TO DELAY AND OBSTRUCT THE ELECTION"!!
            The Dems don't need to prearrange a narrative about Trump delaying or challenging the election as being rigged or corrupt. Trump is publicly doing that all by himself, sean. It's nothing new though, he did the same in 2016 when it looked as though he would lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              The Dems don't need to prearrange a narrative about Trump delaying or challenging the election as being rigged or corrupt. Trump is publicly doing that all by himself, sean. It's nothing new though, he did the same in 2016 when it looked as though he would lose.
              Trump hasn't corrupted or delayed any elections because the elections haven't taken place. He's just floating the idea because he's most likely trolling and knows the MSM will go into hysterics. But we KNOW why the Dems are pushing that narrative -- Trump will delay, Trump will refuse to leave, Trump will cheat, etc. -- because they were pushing the narrative well before he tweeted that, like months ago. Dems are going to pull out all the stops to try and defeat Trump because they clearly have the motive. I don't believe Trump wants it that bad to cheat. So when the chaos happens and all the allegations start flying (and it will), we know which party was behind it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                Trump hasn't corrupted or delayed any elections because the elections haven't taken place. He's just floating the idea because he's most likely trolling and knows the MSM will go into hysterics. But we KNOW why the Dems are pushing that narrative -- Trump will delay, Trump will refuse to leave, Trump will cheat, etc. -- because they were pushing the narrative well before he tweeted that, like months ago. Dems are going to pull out all the stops to try and defeat Trump because they clearly have the motive. I don't believe Trump wants it that bad to cheat. So when the chaos happens and all the allegations start flying (and it will), we know which party was behind it.
                No, you're just being the conspiracy theorist. If the election result is somehow in doubt, which is what Trump has been hinting at, then your all time favorite Speaker of the House becomes President anyway. Trump is just ignorant about a lot of things prior to opening his mouth about them. He probably thought he'd remain in office while litigating the results of the election in court or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  No, you're just being the conspiracy theorist. If the election result is somehow in doubt, which is what Trump has been hinting at, then your all time favorite Speaker of the House becomes President anyway. Trump is just ignorant about a lot of things prior to opening his mouth about them. He probably thought he'd remain in office while litigating the results of the election in court or something.
                  Both sides havel been one big happy conspiracy theory collective in the last three and a half years.

But it's not a conspiracy theory when the Dems are blatantly illustrating how things are going to happen. They're creating a narrative -- Trump will delay, Trump will refuse to leave, Trump will obstruct, etc. -- that doesn't have much merit since he shows very little interest in a second term. The Dems have every interest in removing him no matter how they do it, and so far, they've demonstrated that in spades. We saw what the Dems did in Iowa against their own candidates. We see all sorts of reports of election fraud in the news. Every indication that Nov election is going to be one big chaotic cesspool -- missing ballots, tampering, miscounts, mistrust, accusations -- and we'll know exactly why that is and who's to blame. You'll see when I'm right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]47419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47420[/ATTACH]
                    The way I see it is that someone ought to approach voting the same way that they would approach having the winning ticket to a power ball lottery.

IOW, would you mail in your winning ticket or deliver it in person?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      The way I see it is that someone ought to approach voting the same way that they would approach having the winning ticket to a power ball lottery.

IOW, would you mail in your winning ticket or deliver it in person?
                      I bet fear of COVID wouldn't keep THAT person from going to turn in their ticket and pick up their check!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        I know you are really tired of my 'crap' CP. The problem is, it's not crap, it's just truth you'd rather not deal with.
                        You are one of the most NEGATIVE people I've ever encountered. Everything is fear, fear, fear, fearmongering, gloom and doom, hate, more fear.....

Do you EVER post anything Philippians 4:8-ish?

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The crap you post, I would expect to read from your lost-as-a-goose unsaved friends.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You are one of the most NEGATIVE people I've ever encountered. Everything is fear, fear, fear, fearmongering, gloom and doom, hate, more fear.....

Do you EVER post anything Philippians 4:8-ish?
                          Do you ever have anything positive to say about those you disagree with? Do you realize that you trash the character and motives of nearly every person you disagree with. That you think nothing of posting critical, negative, and demeaning things about those people you disagree with on a continual basis? Do you realize just how demeaning you are to others, not about what they think or the ideas they put forward, but about who they are and their general worth as human beings?

---

When confronted by those that continuously deny reality, one can only post what reality is. We have a hope in Christ that he will bring us through or around the 'furnace' as it were, but the furnace is the furnace and having faith does not mean pretending the furnace is not actually a furnace.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The crap you post, I would expect to read from your lost-as-a-goose unsaved friends.

Perhaps you should concentrate on what I bolded and then offer Godly counsel on how to deal with that effectively in Christ, rather than continually pushing forward misinformation and denial as the solution and then trashing the persons that call you one it. We are not called to deny reality CP, we are called to walk through it with Christ and in the hope he gives.

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me ...
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-06-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

When confronted by those that continuously deny reality, one can only post what reality is. We have a hope in Christ that he will bring us through or around the 'furnace' as it were, but the furnace is the furnace and having faith does not mean pretending the furnace is not a furnace.
                            No, Jim, you're all about doom and gloom - ZERO joy.

Perhaps you should concentrate on what I bolded and then offer Godly counsel on how to deal with that effectively in Christ, rather than continually pushing forward misinformation and denial as the solution. We are not called to deny reality CP, we are called to walk through it with Christ and in the hope he gives.
                            Yeah, Cafeteria Christianity --- only take the part you want and ignore the rest.

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me ...
                            You STAY in the valley of death -- gloom, doom, despair, agony, more gloom....

Comment

....rather than continually pushing forward misinformation and denial as the solution. ...
                              Wow, talk about a steaming pile of poo!!!!! This is a great example of the crap you fling. Absolutely false, but you're doing what you do --- lashing out in bitterness.

Comment

Wow, talk about a steaming pile of poo!!!!! This is a great example of the crap you fling. Absolutely false, but you're doing what you do --- lashing out in bitterness.
                                See - rather than deal with the truth, you focus on demeaning the person confronting you with it.

Comment