Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    What part of 'they were handcuffed' are you not comprehending:

Source: above

An arrest, on the other hand, involves the police taking someone into custody through a more significant restraint on movement. The quintessential example involves the use of handcuffs and an advisement that the suspect is under arrest.

© Copyright Original Source

Not only were they cuffed, the police cruiser had been crashed into their fender to prevent the care from leaving, and a rifle was pointed at them.
    I'll be happy to look at the actual report, Jim. Link, please?

But again, according to you, Police can do that sort of thing any time they want.
    No, sir - that's your own irrational and emotional false conclusion. I simply do not trust your version of things, Jim.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...the fact police can block you in, point guns at you, terrify your children with no cause, no warrants, no reason, is OK.
      You're taking their (and their lawyer's) word for it that there was no reason. Maybe they're right, but I also know it's very rare for someone to walk away from a police encounter saying, "Yeah, I totally deserved that," so I'm not inclined to assume they're necessarily telling the truth, either. As a (supposed) lover of truth, you should wait for the facts from both sides before reaching a conclusion.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        You're taking their (and their lawyer's) word for it that there was no reason. Maybe they're right, but I also know it's very rare for someone to walk away from a police encounter saying, "Yeah, I totally deserved that," so I'm not inclined to assume they're necessarily telling the truth, either. As a (supposed) lover of truth, you should wait for the facts from both sides before reaching a conclusion.
        Was there a link to this, MM? And, yes, the lawyer is always going to express the situation in the most horrifying terms in defense of his/her clients.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jim, I REALLY REALLY wish I could trust your version of accounts.... I don't. I honestly don't believe much you say, because of your gross exaggeration and propensity to... um... "color" events.
          'your version of accounts'?

Amazing. I gave 5 links to separate articles reporting on the event. And you are clearly too lazy to even read one of them.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

'your version of accounts'?
            Yes, I don't trust your version.

Amazing. I gave 5 links to separate articles reporting on the event. And you are clearly too lazy to even read one of them.
            I don't do argument by weblink. I'll be happy to look at them after I grill some Hawaiian Chicken for my dear sweet wife.

Comment

Indeed - even with all this those in power have not learned their lesson. Consider:

https://www.thecut.com/2020/08/secre...h-a-rifle.html

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...them-separated

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...988_story.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tw...id/ar-BB17wCbg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...near-Mall.html

They were held at gunpoint, they were never mirandized, this happened in front of their small children, and the cars were searched without probable cause. There was nothing here except two women out to let their kids play in the fountain on the mall.
              OK, five accounts (one of them had a paywall, but I'm assuming it's the same) of the same event, and I don't know "the rest of the story".

I'll withhold comment til more facts come to light, if that's OK.

(Grill is getting hot )

Comment

Yes, I don't trust your version.

I don't do argument by weblink. I'll be happy to look at them after I grill some Hawaiian Chicken for my dear sweet wife.
                Let's see. I told what was in the articles, and if you doubted my reporting of their contents I gave you five links as references should you wish to clarify. And you still are trying to make this my fault. .... hmmm.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Let's see. I told what was in the articles,
                  Well, kinda.

and if you doubted my reporting of their contents I gave you five links as references should you wish to clarify.
                  Yes, and I read them --- pretty much 5 repeats of the same story, same quotes... like they all read off a wire service. And only one side.

And you still are trying to make this my fault. .... hmmm.
                  Your fault? So, now you're gonna do the persecution complex thing.

Comment

Mmmmmmm, turned out GREAT!!!

haw chicken cooking.jpg 2020-08-04 18.49.15.jpg

Comment

Well, kinda.

Yes, and I read them --- pretty much 5 repeats of the same story, same quotes... like they all read off a wire service. And only one side.

Your fault? So, now you're gonna do the persecution complex thing.
                      How low can he go ...

Comment

How low can he go ...
                        It's where you go, Jim. I never said ANYTHING was your fault. Sheeeeesh, you're like an emotional roller coaster.

Comment

It's where you go, Jim. I never said ANYTHING was your fault. Sheeeeesh, you're like an emotional roller coaster.
                          I can't help it if you are stupid CP. But your desire to try to attack me rather than deal with the issues made you a fool tonight. That is what hate does to all of her disciples.

Hint. My comment had nothing to do with feeling persecuted. It had to do with your own hypocrisy.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-04-2020, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I can't help it if you are stupid CP. But your desire to try to attack me rather than deal with the issues made you a fool tonight. That is what hate does to all of her disciples.
                            Man, that is some top-shelf projection going on right there. Wow.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                              Man, that is some top-shelf projection going on right there. Wow.
                              Speaking of the tweb disciples of hate ...

Comment

Speaking of the tweb disciples of hate ...
                                8cf.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment