Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I have been very respectful to you, Jim, since you've been back. This is not nice.

If you want to have civil discourse, this is not the way to start a paragraph.
    CP, perhaps you meant well, but carving out 3 or 4 words from a post and making a quip that may or may not be a veiled insult(the entirety of your direct responses to me so far in the thread up to this post) is not 'being respectful'.

As for the included first sentence: Your claim not to understand how a question could be floating an idea is simply not believable. You are not that dumb. Hence: 'playing dumb'.

As for the rest of my post not included in your reply:

the first paragraph was, in fact, a respectful explanation of that which you already knew to be the case.

Here it is again, without the 'offensive' first sentence:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
    Asking the question elicited a response and gets the idea out there. He now knows there will be significant push back that that moving the election is not a very good option because the only way it could happen would be to campaign forcefully for it. Asking a question is, in fact, one of Trump's go to forms of 'floating any potentially unpopular idea'. It allows him to get a response to an idea without ever formally proposing the idea while at the same time enlisting people like you in defending him - after all, he was 'just asking a question'.
    The last paragraph is a lament at the impossible to explain tolerance you and others display for comments, behavior and policies from Mr. Trump that undermine fundamental principles of our republic.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
    Unfortunately you and most of the Trump supporters on this site do not understand that 'just asking a question' about an idea that would undermine our republic or election process is not an excusable action by the President of the United States. And why you and others can't figure that simple fact out is beyond me.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      CP, perhaps you meant well, but carving out 3 or 4 words from a post and making a quip that may or may not be a veiled insult...
      I give up.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This thread should be retitled: "President Trump exercises his 1st Amendment rights; liberals' heads explode".
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          This thread should be retitled: "President Trump exercises his 1st Amendment rights; liberals' heads explode".
          Fools and Traitors are the sorts of people that would attempt to dismiss as inconsequential a proposal to undermine the Presidential election in the United States of America by the President of the US himself.

Which are you?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I give up.
            You work with people every day CP, theoretically you counsel them. You are not so stupid as to not know how to interact with another person in a constructive way.

Once you actually try to do that, things will be fine between you and I.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Trump again thinking out loud on Twitter, and getting in trouble for it. He'll never learn.
              I agree he'll never learn, but I seriously doubt that he is thinking out loud. This is just one more step in his strategy to delegitimize the election.

Comment

You work with people every day CP, theoretically you counsel them. You are not so stupid as to not know how to interact with another person in a constructive way.

Yup - ALWAYS "the other guy".

And, according to you, I'm a traitor.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Something odd with this thread, I can't see posts that are indicated as having been made after noon today on the main civics ciew. I'm making this post just to see if I can force it to show me the new posts.

Comment

OK, so something is wrong. It shows that I made these posts but will not display any posts after post #80

Comment

Fools and Traitors are the sorts of people that would attempt to dismiss as inconsequential a proposal to undermine the Presidential election in the United States of America by the President of the US himself.

Which are you?
                      A proposal?

Comment

Which are you?
                        A proposal?

Comment

OK, so something is wrong. It shows that I made these posts but will not display any posts after post #80
                          Jim, we're having a lot of trouble with the site.
                          DDoS attacks, and cloudfare deployed, and the ol' gal is barely hanging together.

When you "post", wait a few seconds, and if it doesn't go through, hit F5.

Wait a few more seconds to see if anything posted.

Lots of frustration, with lots of discussion backstage about how to handle this.

Comment

I see yours as #84.

Do you have anyone on ignore?

Comment

Yup - ALWAYS "the other guy".

And, according to you, I'm a traitor.
                              If you are dismissing trump trying to disrupt the election then in your case its more likely you are being made a fool by your hatred of liberals.

Which gets to the core element of what I keep trying to hammer home. Why would you or anyone allow their dislike of the 'other party' go so deep they will accept such potentially destructive actions from 'their guy'. There is little that goes at the heart of our democracy more than the disruption of or corruption of our election process. Yet you'll excuse it.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-31-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                                I see yours as #84.

Do you have anyone on ignore?
                                no, it was a true anomaly. It just would not show any posts after #80, but it seems to have reset at this point.

Comment