Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As I've noted before, there is a significant difference between what Trump has done, and what Trump's critics say he has done.
    Which is how you end up with reports in the MSM about mysterious, unidentifiable men kidnapping innocent lambs off the street in places like Portland for example. Not one part of that is even remotely true but it doesn't stop them from repeating it and the low information idiots out there regurgitating it without question.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Another example of your denial mask being lifted and a bit of light shining through.
      8cf.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

MM, most of what the responses here are not 'that is not true', but rather 'so what'. So what if he tried to get another country to give him dirt on biden. So what if he paid off a prostitute in a criminal act that sent his fixer to jail. So what if he gassed protestors for a photo op. So what if he pays his own businesses with publuc funds. So what if he violates the emoluments clause over and over. So what if he retweets provably false conspiracy theories about covid that will result in thousands of deaths. So what if he holds public rallies in the midst of a global pandemic that infects innocent civilians and his own staff. So what if he silences the voices of the experts wrt that same pandemic. So what if he useS unvetted temporary appointees to do an end run around the constitutional protections against the abuse of his power. So what if those same appointees send federal police into local municipalities where they are overly aggressive and incite orders of magnitude more violence.

And I could continue to the end of the post word limit.
        As I said, there is a significant difference between what Trump has done, and what Trump's critics say he has done.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          There are a number of things that you post that are simply 'not true', like Trump "gassing" people. This is an example of my claim that you weaponize language in your contempt for Trump.
          It's called tear gas, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Yeah, and multiple agencies and government officials are on the record saying that tear gas was never used to clear out rioters around the White House. Pepper balls, yes; tear gas, no.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              But...

A) only somebody who wanted to cast it in the worst possible terms* would call it "gassing people",
              2) It was reportedly PEPPER balls or PEPPER spray, JimmySue, not "gas".

*weaponizing language
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They used gas against the protestors to disperse them.
                See my response to your little blasphemous buddy.

Sorry if accurately describing what Trump did upsets you CP.
                You have no power to upset me, Jim. You rally need to stop that nonsense.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But...

A) only somebody who wanted to cast it in the worst possible terms* would call it "gassing people",
                  2) It was reportedly PEPPER balls or PEPPER spray, JimmySue, not "gas".

*weaponizing language
                  It was reportedly both tear gas and pepper spray.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    With not a scintilla of evidence for the former. But don't let that stop ya. It never has before.

Comment

And you think it's perfectly normal for a there to be a "Drag Queen Story Hour" with this human with the outrageous makeup?

These are your friends, Ox.
                      And you think that Drag Queen and makeup is outrageous??? You've definitely haven't lived long enough or seen enough to know what is really outrageous. It's either fake outrage on your part or you have the mentality of a five-year old. Grow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                        And you think that Drag Queen and makeup is outrageous??? You've definitely haven't lived long enough or seen enough to know what is really outrageous. It's either fake outrage on your part or you have the mentality of a five-year old. Grow up.
                        It's fake outrage.

I mean, Republicans have been living off the stuff for decades now. To them, standards/morals/ethics are nothing more than "things to beat other people over the heads with", which is why their outrage disappears once a Republican is the one with the transgressions.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          With not a scintilla of evidence for the former.
                          Your claim is easily proven false:

The Semantics of ‘Tear Gas’ Versus ‘Pepper Spray’

Democratic politicians have criticized President Donald Trump for the use of “tear gas” to disperse protesters near the White House on June 1 before Trump walked to St. John’s Episcopal Church to pose for photos with a Bible. The president countered, “They didn’t use tear gas.”

U.S. Park Police says officers used “pepper balls,” not “tear gas.” It’s true pepper balls, which contain a pepper spray-like irritant, have a different makeup than another chemical typical referred to as “tear gas” (and which USPP specifically says it didn’t use). But some sources consider pepper spray a type of tear gas, while others say both chemicals have the same effect on people.

According to the Scientific American and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, pepper spray is a type of “tear gas” or “riot control agent.”
                          Dr. Ranit Mishori, senior medical adviser for Physicians for Human Rights and a Georgetown University professor of family medicine, told us in an email: “Tear gas and pepper spray both belong to a class of crowd-control weapons known as chemical irritants.” The chemical makeup is different, but the impact on people is similar. “During a protest, it is impossible to tell what chemical is being used as the clinical manifestations are the same.”

Trump’s reelection campaign has claimed the media was “falsely reporting” that U.S. Park Police used “tear gas,” and in a Fox News Radio interview on June 3, Trump said the stories about clearing out the protesters with “tear gas” were “fake. They didn’t use tear gas. They didn’t use. They moved them out.”

Trump didn’t mention the “pepper balls.” Both chemical irritants cause, according to Mishori, “sometimes severe irritation to mucous membranes (e.g eyes, mouth, nasal passages, lungs), causing people to experience burning sensations on the skin and in the eyes, tearing, coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting, disorientation.”
                          The incident occurred June 1. Shortly before Trump delivered remarks in the Rose Garden, U.S. Park Police began clearing out protesters in Lafayette Square, just north of the White House.

The Park Police Acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan said in a statement: “At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids,” which caused USPP to issue “three warnings over a loudspeaker” and then clear the area. Reporters who were on the ground have said they didn’t see projectiles being thrown, or described the crowd as “peaceful” or “largely peaceful.”

Regardless of the impetus, USPP used force to move the protesters, including, as can be seen in multiple videos, loud flashes, smoke and officers on horseback.
                          Whether you agree with the article or not, that article is the evidence you claim doesn't exist.
                          Last edited by Whateverman; 08-03-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            "Reportedly".

All that means is that someone in the media reported it, but the fact is, every person and agency who has spoken on the record says no tear gas was used, and there is not a lick of evidence to contradict them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              With not a scintilla of evidence for the former. But don't let that stop ya. It never has before.
                              Even if tear gas were used, and I've seen no evidence that it was, you wouldn't refer to it as "gassing people". Unless, of course, you wanted to dishonestly support a particular narrative.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                                And you think that Drag Queen and makeup is outrageous???
                                Actually, it was the makeup to which I was referring. But, for school children in an educational setting, it's just dumb.

You've definitely haven't lived long enough or seen enough to know what is really outrageous. It's either fake outrage on your part or you have the mentality of a five-year old. Grow up.
                                It's no outrage at all. Just an observation. I don't know what it is with you kids and the need to always see "outrage" in somebody's reply. It's stupid.

Comment