Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Your claim is easily proven false:

Whether you agree with the article or not, that article is the evidence you claim doesn't exist.
    Nice try, but this isn't a semantics issue. When law enforcement uses the term "tear gas", they are referring to a very specific chemical. Pepper spray is never referred to as "tear gas".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Nice try, but this isn't a semantics issue. When law enforcement uses the term "tear gas", they are referring to a very specific chemical. Pepper spray is never referred to as "tear gas".
      It's a difference without a distinction. They are both chemical irritants that cause the same symptoms. Tear gas is banned even for use in war, but apparently it can be used against your own citizens.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        It's a difference without a distinction. They are both chemical irritants that cause the same symptoms. Tear gas is banned even for use in war, but apparently it can be used against your own citizens.
        So, a "difference without a distinction", but one is "banned even for use in war", and the other (pepper spray) is not. Think really hard about that.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Nice try, but it's definitely a semantic issue. Although pepper balls are made up of slightly different compounds, they both achieve the exact same thing. Claiming no tear gas was used without mentioning that pepper balls were used is misleading and deceptive. National scientific and regulatory agencies classify pepper balls as tear gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            So, a "difference without a distinction", but one is "banned even for use in war", and the other (pepper spray) is not. Think really hard about that.
            They are both banned in war, CP. Think really hard about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              They are both banned in war, CP. Think really hard about that.
              Technically, I believe you are correct. That almost NEVER happens!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Which is how you end up with reports in the MSM about mysterious, unidentifiable men kidnapping innocent lambs off the street in places like Portland for example. Not one part of that is even remotely true but it doesn't stop them from repeating it and the low information idiots out there regurgitating it without question.
                Plainly visinble on a video is these agents taking a man into custody in an unmarked van without any sort of announcement as to who they are or why they are arrestimg him. It happened, and it fits the description precisely - even though you mock the reality.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Which is how you end up with reports in the MSM about mysterious, unidentifiable men kidnapping innocent lambs off the street in places like Portland for example. Not one part of that is even remotely true
                  Prove it.

There are reports of it happening, including eyewitness accounts - something which Christians assert the absolute authority of when it comes to scripture. Why are eyewitness accounts so easily dismissed here, then?

Comment

Good to see you, Jim.
                    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Even if tear gas were used, and I've seen no evidence that it was, you wouldn't refer to it as "gassing people". Unless, of course, you wanted to dishonestly support a particular narrative.
                    Right. The expression has particular connotations.

I mean, technically, firing a big jet of compressed air at them would be "gassing" them, but that also would be far from the usual implication of the term, "gassing."
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Nice try, but it's definitely a semantic issue. Although pepper balls are made up of slightly different compounds, they both achieve the exact same thing. Claiming no tear gas was used without mentioning that pepper balls were used is misleading and deceptive. National scientific and regulatory agencies classify pepper balls as tear gas.
                      It's like claiming the difference between real bullets and rubber bullets are merely a semantic issue.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Plainly visinble on a video is these agents taking a man into custody in an unmarked van without any sort of announcement as to who they are or why they are arrestimg him. It happened, and it fits the description precisely - even though you mock the reality.
                        The vehicles are unmarked because marked ones tend to get besieged and often get tipped over and set afire. And it is only in the movies that police are required to announce why they are apprehending a suspect. The fact is that it is painfully obvious that they are law enforcement in that the officer's clothing is clearly labeled.

The "kidnapping" technique that some are whining about has been used for quite sometime now. The police are faced with two options when arresting a ring leader in rioting. They can either wade into the crowd 50 or so strong with batons and riot shields out to apprehend them -- something that is almost certain to escalate the violence -- or they can keep track of the suspect and wait until he isn't surrounded by a large mob and then move in for the apprehension.

Apparently either way provides you with something to rant and rage about.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Prove it.

There are reports of it happening, including eyewitness accounts - something which Christians assert the absolute authority of when it comes to scripture. Why are eyewitness accounts so easily dismissed here, then?
                          Those being apprehended end up having long arrest records for just these sort of activities (which would be an incredible stroke of luck approaching winning the lottery over and over) so they aren't just grabbing random people as you pretend.

The officer's clothing is clearly labeled identifying them as law enforcement as multiple videos and stills have attested.

They aren't being "kidnapped" but are duly and legally apprehended and processed.

There are multiple eyewitnesses that have attested to these facts as well as being recorded in videos and photographs.

Fail better.

Comment

• Now that I think of it, if the election was delayed then wouldn't the position of POTUS fall to the speaker of the House until a due election could be held, and wouldn't that be Nancy Pelosi?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Now that I think of it, if the election was delayed then wouldn't the position of POTUS fall to the speaker of the House until a due election could be held, and wouldn't that be Nancy Pelosi?
                              Some have already noticed that.

Comment

Even if tear gas were used, and I've seen no evidence that it was, you wouldn't refer to it as "gassing people". Unless, of course, you wanted to dishonestly support a particular narrative.
                                These are the same folks who are calling being arrested "kidnapping."

Comment