Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Prove this person isn't a conservative Republican Christian.
    It doesn't matter what they are, they are humans before anything else. If rogue06 thinks otherwise, which he most likely does as his post strongly suggests, then that is his problem.

Comment

Prove this person isn't a conservative Republican Christian.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
        It doesn't matter what they are, they are humans before anything else. If rogue06 thinks otherwise, which he most likely does as his post strongly suggests, then that is his problem.
        And you think it's perfectly normal for a there to be a "Drag Queen Story Hour" with this human with the outrageous makeup?

These are your friends, Ox.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          No, Jim, we've been through that before. Gaslighting is when you try to convince an otherwise sane and rational person that they're going crazy.
          That's not what's happening here at all.

George Will has nothing to do with my sincere believe that you are overly reacting to Trump.

Please don't try to tell me whose opinions I should trust, Jim.

I am concerned about Trump, but I do not live in fear, nor do I fixate on him like you and JimL and the other anti-Christian posters do.
          I am praying for him as directed by God's Word.
          Serious question, CP. What is it about Trump that you are concerned about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
            Trump has demonstrated enough ignorance of the constitution and of history that it's plausible that he thought he could get away with delaying the election. But it's more likely that the suggestion was simply part of his plan to delegitimize the election in the minds of his supporters.
            Exactly. Trump did the same thing in 2016 when it looked as though he was going to lose, i.e. he claimed it was rigged.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Serious question, CP. What is it about Trump that you are concerned about?
              I really wish you were capable of serious questions, Jim. You just return immediately to goofy behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Exactly. Trump did the same thing in 2016 when it looked as though he was going to lose, i.e. he claimed it was rigged.
                And based on the widespread "anomalies" during the election, and the Obama administration's attempts to illegally take Trump down after, it's hard to argue that he's wrong about the system being rigged against him.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The problem with Trump isn't actually Trump.

It's with Republicans who are happy to have American values and institutions undermined. They're eager to throw their own supposed values under the bus, as long as it facilitates the aforementioned undermining. They wallow in lies and misinformation, and oppose anything/everything which comes from outside the in-group.

They're fundamentally unAmerican.

ps. there can be reasonable Republicans / conservatives - but they've gone very very quiet (for the most part)...
                  Actually there are many Republicans speaking out, unfortunately only one or two of them are in Congress and that is because they are more concerned with their own power and afraid of Trumps base support than they are concerned about Trumps corruption and undermining of democratic Institutions.

Comment

Actually there are many Republicans speaking out, unfortunately only one or two of them are in Congress and that is because they are more concerned with their own power and afraid of Trumps base support than they are concerned about Trumps corruption and undermining of democratic Institutions.
                    Words are cheap, though. Speaking out means nothing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And based on the widespread "anomalies" during the election, and the Obama administration's attempts to illegally take Trump down after, it's hard to argue that he's wrong about the system being rigged against him.
                      It's hard to argue with people who believe there were widespread "anomalies" during the election and that the Obama administration tried to illegally take down Trump, but it's hard to argue with flat-earthers, too. And just about as productive.

Comment

Words are cheap, though. Speaking out means nothing...
                        I'd have to disagree with you there, Wm. Not all Trump supporters are complete birdbrains and I think those highly respected conservatives who are speaking out are vitaly important in opening the eyes of those conservatives who still have the capacity to recognize facts.

Comment

I'd have to disagree with you there, Wm. Not all Trump supporters are complete birdbrains and I think those highly respected conservatives who are speaking out are vitaly important in opening the eyes of those conservatives who still have the capacity to recognize facts.
                          It's not that I was diminishing the need for the right to speak out.

It's that except for maybe half-a-dozen congressional Republicans - speaking out is all they do. They risk nothing other than getting flamed, and do nothing other than complain.

Comment

It's not that I was diminishing the need for the right to speak out.

It's that except for maybe half-a-dozen congressional Republicans - speaking out is all they do. They risk nothing other than getting flamed, and do nothing other than complain.
                            Basically true, but with the exception of Sen. Romney, I mainly meant non-congressionl conservatives like a George Will, Peggy Noonan, or the producers of the political ads put out by the Linconln project all members of whom are conservatives. Even the head of the Federalist society called Trump out the other day for suggesting he might delay the election, which of course he has no power to do anyway. These people though conservatives, they aren't tribal and are exposing Trump for who and what he actually is and I think that is having an effect on some Trump supporters as is reflected in the polls.
                            Last edited by JimL; 08-02-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                              It's hard to argue with people who believe there were widespread "anomalies" during the election and that the Obama administration tried to illegally take down Trump, but it's hard to argue with flat-earthers, too. And just about as productive.
                              Wow, you really haven't kept up with this stuff, have you?

It's like Rush Limbaugh once said, arguing with liberals is frustrating because you have to spend so much time simply educating them about the basic facts, that they become too overwhelmed to even grasp the point you're trying to make.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Wow, you really haven't kept up with this stuff, have you?

It's like Rush Limbaugh once said, arguing with liberals is frustrating because you have to spend so much time simply educating them about the basic facts, that they become too overwhelmed to even grasp the point you're trying to make.
                                Rush Limbaugh is speaking to the rubes, and laughing at them all the way to the bank.

Comment