Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Basically true, but with the exception of Sen. Romney, I mainly meant non-congressionl conservatives like a George Will, Peggy Noonan, or the producers of the political ads put out by the Linconln project all members of whom are conservatives. Even the head of the Federalist society called Trump out the other day for suggesting he might delay the election, which of course he has no power to do anyway. These people though conservatives, they aren't tribal and are exposing Trump for who and what he actually is and I think that is having an effect on some Trump supporters as is reflected in the polls.
    OK, fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Wow, you really haven't kept up with this stuff, have you?

It's like Rush Limbaugh once said, arguing with liberals is frustrating because you have to spend so much time simply educating them about the basic facts, that they become too overwhelmed to even grasp the point you're trying to make.
      You listen to Rush Limbaugh?

That explains a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And you think it's perfectly normal for a there to be a "Drag Queen Story Hour" with this human with the outrageous makeup?
        I honestly don't think it is a problem. But then again males in female attire is a common stable of European theater, and I remember a lot of characters as a kid who did that. Skimming Google Images, most of them are fine, and most of the books are stuff even the stockiest pearl-clutching conservative shouldn't be too bothered about. Stuff like Be Who You Are or Princess Super Kitty.

And I remember going to a school where we had entire classes dedicated to teaching us Christianity. Yes in Denmark in public schools Christianity is a subject in school.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Rush Limbaugh is speaking to the rubes, and laughing at them all the way to the bank.
          Good point. There are a lot of liberals who listen to his show just so they have something to feel outraged about.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
            You listen to Rush Limbaugh?
            Sometimes.

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
            That explains a lot.
            Indeed. Mr. Limbaugh is not only entertaining but informative.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And you think it's perfectly normal for a there to be a "Drag Queen Story Hour" with this human with the outrageous makeup?

These are your friends, Ox.
              I'd rather be in the company of honest seekers of truth that are atheists and/or gay than tribal Christians that abandon the principles of their faith for worldly gain any day of the week. God doesn't care about the superficial trappings CP, he cares about the truth of what is on the inside, who we truly are. So I stand for the truth as best I can, and it offends who it offends, and encourages who it encourages.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-02-2020, 09:49 PM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Mr. Limbaugh is not only entertaining but informative.
                Right-wing conservatives routinely mistake the former for the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  I'd rather be in the company of honest seekers of truth that are atheists and/or gay than tribal Christians that abandon the principles of their faith for worldly gain any day of the week. God doesn't care about the superficial trappings CP, he cares about the truth of what is on the inside, who we truly are. So I stand for the truth as best I can, and it offends who it offends, and encourages who it encourages.
                  For the record, as an atheist, I'd rather be in the company of Christians who search for the truth rather than atheists who say they've found it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    I'd rather be in the company of honest seekers of truth that are atheists and/or gay
                    That's quite obvious, and you fit in well.

than tribal Christians that abandon the principles of their faith for worldly gain any day of the week.
                    Got anybody in mind, Jim?

God doesn't care about the superficial trappings CP, he cares about the truth of what is on the inside, who we truly are. So I stand for the truth as best I can, and it offends who it offends, and encourages who it encourages.
                    Your obsession with hatred of Trump violates so many principles of the faith that it appears you really know nothing about what God cares about, Jim.

ETA: Interesting that you decided to delete the rest of what you had typed.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• And, Jim, in response to your since deleted question/statement about Jesus eating with sinners --- He wasn't there to be like them, or to share their common hate, He was there to be Light and Life to them.

“It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Perhaps you can do this with your atheist friends? (Matt 2:13-17)
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And, Jim, in response to your since deleted question/statement about Jesus eating with sinners --- He wasn't there to be like them, or to share their common hate, He was there to be Light and Life to them.

“It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

I deleted it so as not to provoke you CP. No other reason.

If you think my response implies I would not communicate a defense of my faith to any one, or pray that each person I interactcwith could know Christ, you would be mistaken.

But what I will not do is pretend that, for example, supporting trumps violations of basic moral principles in a bid for power on the Supreme court is anything but choosing mammon over God.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That's quite obvious, and you fit in well.

Your obsession with hatred of Trump violates so many principles of the faith that it appears you really know nothing about what God cares about, Jim.

ETA: Interesting that you decided to delete the rest of what you had typed.
                          CP, I've tried to explain this to you before. The issue is what Trump does. Not that it is Trump. The things Trump has done cant be overlooked, yet in large part the evangelical community has been duped into believing they should overlook them. I could no more be silent about a president, any president, separating children from parents and housing them in make shift facilities for months to facilitate stronger enforcement of immigration laws than I could remain silent about the evil in sex trafficking. The list of eggregious violations by Trump is long. His lying is constant. There is no person that could occupy the office of Potus and be as Trump has been and not be an equal target of my criticism, or my warnings.

Your attempt to characterize that as 'hate' is no less perverse than trying to brow beat a person who witnesses a murder and identifies the killer in court by saying they are full of hate for doing so.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-02-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Of course I do. There are numerous posts on tweb where the authors are doing exactly that. In fact, there are numerous posts on tweb that express pride in doing exactly that, and which try to browbeat those that object to that being done!

Comment

And, Jim, in response to your since deleted question/statement about Jesus eating with sinners --- He wasn't there to be like them, or to share their common hate, He was there to be Light and Life to them.

Perhaps you could take the log out of your own eye and stop sharing your so obvious hatred for atheists. Lets call it ADS. Atheist Derangement Syndrome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                I honestly don't think it is a problem. But then again males in female attire is a common stable of European theater, and I remember a lot of characters as a kid who did that.
                                It isn't uncommon here either but I think there is a difference between someone dressing up to play a role and someone dressing up as a lifestyle that they seek to promote.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment