Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxmixmudd, like you I'm no fan of Trump and have made that clear. However... if I doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of doing this, why bother about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I support waiting for all the facts before reaching a conclusion.
      Except when it's a conclusion you favour, such as there being ancient cities under the Antarctic icecap, in which case you immediately declare it an "inconvenient truth", even though a few seconds of checking would have revealed it to be an obvious hoax.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

AND, another fresh load of cow plop hits the ground with a splatter!
        History has shown that between hate and violence is a very tiny, tiny step. The hate you have shown for Trans/Drag Queen must very, very heavy on your mind to call a reading in a classroom/library but such a wonderful person as outrageous. So I would not be surprised if someday you use your guns to kill one of them. It's just a matter of time. Please seek professional help before that happens. I do not worry about you but for the person who will be a helpless victim of your hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          oxmixmudd, like you I'm no fan of Trump and have made that clear. However... if I doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of doing this, why bother about it?
          The fact he has proposed it is itself a great danger to our republic, and it goes hand in hand with a multipronged effort on his part to undermine the 2020 november election.

A free, fair and timely election process is the heart of our republic. As is the peaceful transition of power.. And our president is trying to undermine both.

And our presidents supporters are willing to allow it. As they have dismissed so many explicit violations of fundamental elements of our country's founding principles in their defense of this man's actions as president.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-05-2020, 05:15 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

And our presidents supporters are willing to allow it.
            It's worse than that. They are hoping and praying for that. As some Republican once said on TV, rather Putin than a democrat as president. The hate for the left is so intense that they are ready to throw democracy under the bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
              Except when it's a conclusion you favour, such as there being ancient cities under the Antarctic icecap, in which case you immediately declare it an "inconvenient truth", even though a few seconds of checking would have revealed it to be an obvious hoax.
              We've been over this already...

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              No, it proves that I was in a hurry and didn't give it a proper read. Look, I've owned up to it, conceded my error, given myself a slap on the wrist, put myself in the corner until I've learned my lesson, sent myself to bed without supper...

Now what about all the other sources I've referenced?
              http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...381#post595381

So with that out of the way, maybe instead of waving your hands around like a primate, you'll say something relevant to this thread.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I can't help it if you are stupid CP.
                Ah, the personal attacks you pretend to hate.

But your desire to try to attack me rather than deal with the issues made you a fool tonight.
                I'm responding truthfully to your posts -- if you're so incredibly insecure that you see that as "attacks", you've got problems.

That is what hate does to all of her disciples.
                I am NOT your disciple!

Hint. My comment had nothing to do with feeling persecuted. It had to do with your own hypocrisy.
                ALWAYS, Jim. ALWAYS the other guy at fault.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                  History has shown that between hate and violence is a very tiny, tiny step. The hate you have shown for Trans/Drag Queen....
                  Oh, my aching back.... I dropped that because it's not even on my radar.... Sheeeesh!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The fact he has proposed it is itself a great danger to our republic, and it goes hand in hand with a multipronged effort on his part to undermine the 2020 november election.

A free, fair and timely election process is the heart of our republic. As is the peaceful transition of power.. And our president is trying to undermine both.
                    Absolutely, which is why your next statement is a steaming pile of poo.....

And our presidents supporters are willing to allow it. As they have dismissed so many explicit violations of fundamental elements of our country's founding principles in their defense of this man's actions as president.
                    On my part, absolutely false.

Comment

Absolutely, which is why your next statement is a steaming pile of poo.....

On my part, absolutely false.
                      You've defended him all the way. And if you think minimizing or dismissing his attempts to undermine the 2020 election is not defending him, think again.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-05-2020, 08:44 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You've defended him all the way.
                        Another Big 'un! I stand up against lies, rumors and nutty conspiracy theories, irrational rants and emotional drivel.

And if you think mocking those raising alarms about what he is doing is not defending him, think again.
                        Jim, I argue against your emotional rants, and have been doing so clearly, calmly and with fact and reason.

Comment

Another Big 'un! I stand up against lies, rumors and nutty conspiracy theories, irrational rants and emotional drivel.
                          since when?

Jim, I argue against your emotional rants, and have been doing so clearly, calmly and with fact and reason.
                          Ill admit my wording conflated your animosity towards me and your dismissal of his attempts to undermine the 2020 election. I adjusted the post to reflect that.

Nevertheless, whether its you hatred sent my way or just a direct defense of Trump, you stand firmly defending Trump in his attempts to undermine november. You have yet to speak one word criticizing those efforts that I have seen.

That last little part is really quite comical.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-05-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Ill admit my wirding conflated your animosity towards me and your dismissal of his attempts to undermine the 2920 election. I adjusted the post to reflect that.
                            But this is what you do, Jim -- you lash out in anger because you are consumed with anger.

It is who you have become.

I have ZERO animosity toward you - I just think you are wrong a LOT, and you frequently do like you just did --- you post out of emotion rather than fact.

ETA: Ah, you weren't done....

Nevertheless, whether its you hatred sent my way or just a direct defense of Trump, you stand firmly defending Trump in his attempts to undermine november.
                            False. I would call it a lie, but I think you honestly believe this crap.

You have yet to speak one word criticizing those efforts that I have seen.
                            Because I was dealing with what the CONSTITUTION said, and posting actual FACT stuff.

Now, to be clear, not that it makes any difference at all (because you see and believe what you want to see and believe) I am OPPOSED to any change of voting date, and I believe Trump is just posting that crap because it screws with the heads of the HateTrump crowd.

ETA: Ah, and you STILL weren't done!!!!

since when?
                            Pretty much since I began talking at 4 years of age.
                            Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-05-2020, 08:55 AM.

Comment

But this is what you do, Jim -- you lash out in anger because you are consumed with anger.

It is who you have become.

I have ZERO animosity toward you - I just think you are wrong a LOT, and you frequently do like you just did --- you post out of emotion rather than fact.
                              Now THAT is a load of, how do you say horsey poo.

Comment

Now THAT is a load of, how do you say horsey poo.
                                No, Jim, it's true. But I didn't expect you to have any reasonable response to it.

Now, if we can stop the emotional nonsense, and get back to actual discussion, please?

Comment