Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jim, we're having a lot of trouble with the site.
    DDoS attacks, and cloudfare deployed, and the ol' gal is barely hanging together.

When you "post", wait a few seconds, and if it doesn't go through, hit F5.

Wait a few more seconds to see if anything posted.

Lots of frustration, with lots of discussion backstage about how to handle this.
    do you have any idea what the source (I e. the entity coordinating ) of the DDoS attacks are?
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-31-2020, 08:29 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      do you have any idea what the source (I e. the entity coordinating ) of the DDoS attacks are?
      If I knew, I'd not be at liberty to say.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Good to see you, Jim.
        Fools and Traitors are the sorts of people that would attempt to dismiss as inconsequential a proposal to undermine the Presidential election in the United States of America by the President of the US himself.

Which are you?
        Have you stopped beating your wife?
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          Have you stopped beating your wife?
          If I had hospital and police reports of such a beating, then the question is not the proverbial trap you are referring to. Cp, mm, and others have already made their attempts to dismiss actions taken by Trump to disrupt the November election. So they are by definition already among those who will dismiss such a destructive action by a president. The only thing then left to determine is which of the types of people willing to take such treasonous action they belong to.

To be fair, I'm quite sure that in both cases foolish ignorance fueled by extreme hatred and/or fear of those driving certain liberal ideologies is the primary culprit. But they have allowed that hatred and/or fear to completely turn upside down their commitment to this country's well being.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-01-2020, 06:47 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Cp, mm, and others have already made their attempts to dismiss actions taken by Trump to disrupt the November election. So they are by definition already among those who will dismiss such a destructive action by a president. The only thing then left to determine is which of the types of people willing to take such treasonous action they belong to.
            You think the President did all that just by asking a question in a Tweet?

You are a the very definition of paranoid nutcase.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

part of the problem was tweb was running low on disk space and memory. It was causing the database to crash and messing up the threads. I resized it. hopefully it will work better now. If you still see any threads that you can't access the last page on, try making a bump page using the quick reply box at the bottom of any page and that seems to reset the thread and the last page will begin working again.

discussion of tweb messing up has been going on here:
              http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-is-messing-up!

Comment

Sorry, there are many with minds far more powerful than either yours or mine that are voicing the very same concerns. The two most significant concerns right now are the abuse of power through the DHS by mobilizing a federal Police force effectively under Trump's command through the DHS, and the consistent attempts to undermine the upcoming election, of which this latest salva is a part.

His incompetence has been on display consistently over the last 3+ years, but never so completely as in his handling of the Coronavirus pandemic. Insanity has never been my accusation, but he is driven by and drawn to autocratic tendencies, and he has undermined our relationship with NATO significantly and WRT NATO has adopted policies that could have been written by Putin and for Putin. He has consistently tried to work his way around constitutionally driven oversight and limitations on presidential power.

It is, unfortunately, a very real possibility that he will reject the election result if he loses and refuse to yield power to the rightful winner of the election. He certainly has set the sage for exactly such a move. Whether he can pull it off is yet to be seen. Our government is designed to prevent just exactly the sort of abuses of power Trump has engaged in throughout his presidency, and so far - because of a Republican led senate willing to compromise most of their principles - been able to get away with far more than what he should have been.

Nevertheless, wrt trying to put off the election it seems he's hit a wall. Some republicans at least have said - this is a step too far and made clear they will not support it. This is a good thing.

The problem is we still have to get past claims the election was compromised and a refusal to leave office, should that occur.

Mobilizing DHS forces in US cities is in fact setting the stage for him contesting the election and refusing to leave office - you just don't have enough of an understanding of history to realize that is one of the dangers of allowing him to do what he is doing to/with the DHS.
                Nah, I think it's way more likely, based on your past history, that you're biased, emotionally unbalanced when it comes to Trump, and thus completely lacking in credibility. You are incapable of interpreting anything to do with Trump objectively. Always the worst possible take on things, and a ready willingness to believe the worst of him in every aspect, thus you uncritically swallow all sorts of half-truths and distortions about him.

So I read your take on Trump's tweet here as the outer limits on what is even remotely possibly his intention or practice.

But next comes the bit where you attack the character of the people who disagree with you and don't suffer from your obsessions; and then the inevitable pushback from them; and finally you whining like a baby about how mean everyone is to you, the shining moral light of TWeb.

We've seen it all before.
                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  You think the President did all that just by asking a question in a Tweet?

You are a the very definition of paranoid nutcase.
                  Again, those dismissing this are the usual suspects. It is far more than a tweet. This idea has been being floated now for several months, and he has doubled down on it, pushing it again yesterday. It doesn't exist in isolation either. He has been trying to undermine the election on several fronts, implying that if he loses that will mean the result is illegitimate.

And you are too locked into your trump indeced fantasy world to understand the severity of what is happening here

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                    Nah, I think it's way more likely, based on your past history, that you're biased, emotionally unbalanced when it comes to Trump, and thus completely lacking in credibility. You are incapable of interpreting anything to do with Trump objectively. Always the worst possible take on things, and a ready willingness to believe the worst of him in every aspect, thus you uncritically swallow all sorts of half-truths and distortions about him.

So I read your take on Trump's tweet here as the outer limits on what is even remotely possibly his intention or practice.

But next comes the bit where you attack the character of the people who disagree with you and don't suffer from your obsessions; and then the inevitable pushback from them; and finally you whining like a baby about how mean everyone is to you, the shining moral light of TWeb.

We've seen it all before.
                    There are many both here and writing opinion pieces in various news outlets that recognize what is happening, what Trump is doing. I am neither alone nor extreme in my concern or assessment of the situation.

George Will is one of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-01-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      There are many both here and writing opinion pieces in various news outlets that recognize what is happening, what Trump is doing. I am neither alone nor extreme in my concern or assessment of the situation.
                      It's a scary world when those with paranoid delusion consider themselves the norm.

But let's think about this logically: the China flu -- or rather the hysteria surrounding the China flu -- has shut our country down. Large gatherings are strictly forbidden (unless they are liberal riots). Normal activities like simply going to the grocery store to buy food for your family are hindered by social distancing rules and requirements to smother yourself with a mask (healthcare workers are reporting increased incidences of headaches due to constant mask use; masks reduce your oxygen intake and increase CO2 levels in your body -- maybe that's why Fauci the Fraud was recently seen with his mask draped under his chin when he thought the cameras weren't watching). Many schools are instituting a "virtual classroom" for the coming year. You can't go to a restaurant or movie theater. And on and on. So under the circumstances, with normal activities so severely restricted and with all the known and unknown problems with mail in voting, why is asking about delaying the vote until we are at a point where we can do traditional in-person voting such an extreme question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        It's a scary world when those with paranoid delusion consider themselves the norm.

But let's think about this logically: the China flu -- or rather the hysteria surrounding the China flu -- has shut our country down. Large gatherings are strictly forbidden (unless they are liberal riots). Normal activities like simply going to the grocery store to buy food for your family are hindered by social distancing rules and requirements to smother yourself with a mask (healthcare workers are reporting increased incidences of headaches due to constant mask use; masks reduce your oxygen intake and increase CO2 levels in your body -- maybe that's why Fauci the Fraud was recently seen with his mask draped under his chin when he thought the cameras weren't watching). Many schools are instituting a "virtual classroom" for the coming year. You can't go to a restaurant or movie theater. And on and on. So under the circumstances, with normal activities so severely restricted and with all the known and unknown problems with mail in voting, why is asking about delaying the vote until we are at a point where we can do traditional in-person voting such an extreme question?
                        You would never support this from any other person.

We did not move the elections during either world War, one of which coincided with a pandemic arguably worse than this one, and it was not moved during the Civil War either.

The peaceful, orderly, and regular transition of power is one of the single most important elements in maintaining our republic. No one gets to move that or change that. No one gets to override the opinion of the voting public wrt when they leave office.

Comment

We did not move the elections during either world War, one of which coincided with a pandemic arguably worse than this one, and it was not moved during the Civil War either.
                          First of all, our country was not on lockdown with people ordered to stay at home and limit excursions into public spaces during any of those wars. Secondly, we also didn't attempt to drastically overhaul the election process using an untested and unproven system that is ripe for fraud.

So on the one hand, you don't have even one word of criticism when the Democrats use the China flu pandemic as an excuse to drastically overhaul our upcoming election with a brand new and exceedingly sketchy "vote by mail" scheme, but when Trump merely asks if moving the day of the election might be a better solution, you run around screaming like your hair is on fire.

Give it up, ox, you have no ability to discuss these matters with any degree of objectivity or rationality.
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-01-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            So under the circumstances, with normal activities so severely restricted and with all the known and unknown problems with mail in voting, why is asking about delaying the vote until we are at a point where we can do traditional in-person voting such an extreme question?
                            It seems incongruous with the administration's position that it is also safe enough to open schools in person, and several months sooner than the election itself.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

If I had hospital and police reports of such a beating, then the question is not the proverbial trap you are referring to. Cp, mm, and others have already made their attempts to dismiss actions taken by Trump to disrupt the November election. So they are by definition already among those who will dismiss such a destructive action by a president. The only thing then left to determine is which of the types of people willing to take such treasonous action they belong to.
                              No, sir. I don't get easily emotional, and I don't totally freak out, and I don't absolutely hate Trump with a passion.... There are a lot of things that he does that bug me, but "vengeance is mine", says the Lord. Not mine, not yours -- and we are commanded to pray for and honor those in authority over us.

To be fair,
                              That would be an excellent goal.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Again, those dismissing this are the usual suspects.
                                We are recognizing it for what it is. You, however, are seeing FAR more than is there.

It is far more than a tweet.
                                No. It's really not.

This idea has been being floated now for several months, and he has doubled down on it, pushing it again yesterday. It doesn't exist in isolation either. He has been trying to undermine the election on several fronts, implying that if he loses that will mean the result is illegitimate.

And you are too locked into your trump indeced fantasy world to understand the severity of what is happening here
                                No, Jim, we're simply not totally flipping out.

Comment