Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No, Jim, you're all about doom and gloom - ZERO joy.

Yeah, Cafeteria Christianity --- only take the part you want and ignore the rest.

You STAY in the valley of death -- gloom, doom, despair, agony, more gloom....
    CP - I know you want to turn this into 'trash the ox', but I'm done. I don't live to trash other people, but the things happening in our nation wrt Trump and wrt those that support him are critical and dangerous. And it would be best it people like you, that will vote for him again, could get out of their fantasy world and open their eyes to how devastating this presidency has been. We are inflicted with the most cases and the highest death toll of any nation in the world because if the irresponsibility of this administration. Our relationship with our NATO allies is at an all time low. Our president is in the process of invading our cities with a nationalized police force that he controls and has threatened to invade more. He has delivered Putin nearly everything he could ask for, and put our relationship with Chinal in the toilet (though something needed to be done about their theft). Our nation is split asunder by racial tensions which he continues to fuel. And he continuously sides with misinformation, half truths, and out and out lies that on a daily basis increase the chaos and tension across our nation.

Trump has been very, very bad for our nation, even if prior to covid we had a little more money in our pockets. And it is not the sort of problem we can just pretend 'is not really so bad'.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-06-2020, 09:29 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Both sides havel been one big happy conspiracy theory collective in the last three and a half years.

But it's not a conspiracy theory when the Dems are blatantly illustrating how things are going to happen. They're creating a narrative -- Trump will delay, Trump will refuse to leave, Trump will obstruct, etc. -- that doesn't have much merit since he shows very little interest in a second term. The Dems have every interest in removing him no matter how they do it, and so far, they've demonstrated that in spades. We saw what the Dems did in Iowa against their own candidates. We see all sorts of reports of election fraud in the news. Every indication that Nov election is going to be one big chaotic cesspool -- missing ballots, tampering, miscounts, mistrust, accusations -- and we'll know exactly why that is and who's to blame. You'll see when I'm right.
      Don't know where you're getting the idea that Trump doesn't want a second term. A second term is the only thing that is going to save him from the many criminal charges he and his personal Atty, i.e Atty General Barr have been doing their best to delay until after the election. The Dems always have every interest in removing the Republican President, particularly when the screw up the works like Bush and now Trump are doing. The election is only going to be a chaotic cesspool as you put it because that is Trumps intent. He filled the postal service with political hacks and cronies in order to slow down the mail for just that purpose. Trump has you thinking exactly the way he wants you to think. Trump knows he's in trouble, and Republicans now know they're in trouble for supporting the crook, but it's to late for them to turn on him now so instead of doing the principled thing, they really have no principles, they're going to stick it out and hope the American people are stupid enough re-elect them anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        CP - I know you want to turn this into 'trash the ox',
        AND, there's the persecution complex...

but I'm done. I don't live to trash other people,
        Do you ever spread peace, love and joy? And, yes, you DO trash people -- you just don't like it when it comes back to you.

but the things happening in our nation wrt Trump and wrt those that support him are critical and dangerous. And it would be best it people like you, that will vote for him again, could get out of their fantasy world
        And live with you in the world of ever present gloom and doom?

and open their eyes to how devastating this presidency has been. We are inflicted with the most cases and the highest death toll of any nation in the world because if the irresponsibility of this administration. Our relationship with our NATO allies is at an all time low. Our president is in the process of invading our cities with a nationalized police force that he controls and has threatened to invade more. He has delivered Putin nearly everything he could ask for, and put our relationship with Chinal in the toilet (though something needed to be done about their theft). Our nation is split asunder by racial tensions which he continues to fuel. And he continuously sides with misinformation, half truths, and out and out lies that on a daily basis increase the chaos and tension across our nation.

Trump has been very, very bad for our nation, even if prior to covid we had a little more money in our pockets. And it is not the sort of problem we can just pretend 'is not really so bad'.
        Jim, I will continue to be obedient to the Word of God and pray for our leaders - ALL of them, including Trump - and trust in the Lord with all my heart, and HE will direct my paths.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Don't know where you're getting the idea that Trump doesn't want a second term. A second term is the only thing that is going to save him from the many criminal charges he and his personal Atty, i.e Atty General Barr have been doing their best to delay until after the election. The Dems always have every interest in removing the Republican President, particularly when the screw up the works like Bush and now Trump are doing. The election is only going to be a chaotic cesspool as you put it because that is Trumps intent. He filled the postal service with political hacks and cronies in order to slow down the mail for just that purpose. Trump has you thinking exactly the way he wants you to think. Trump knows he's in trouble, and Republicans now know they're in trouble for supporting the crook, but it's to late for them to turn on him now so instead of doing the principled thing, they really have no principles, they're going to stick it out and hope the American people are stupid enough re-elect them anyway.
          Your conspiracy theory that Trump has actually lined the USPS with operatives nationwide to commit fraud is FAR loonier and implausible than thinking the Dems will resort to election sabotage themselves.

We know the Dems will sabotage it because they've been trying to sabotage Trump's election with claims of illegitimacy since 2016.

Comment

Your conspiracy theory that Trump has actually lined the USPS with operatives nationwide to commit fraud is FAR loonier and implausible than thinking the Dems will resort to election sabotage themselves.
            True. Trump really only had to put one operative in the USPS in order to sabotage it.

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/07/29/...ostal-service/

We know the Dems will sabotage it because they've been trying to sabotage Trump's election with claims of illegitimacy since 2016.
            While I wouldn't put it past some Dems to sabotage the election if they thought that was the only way to get Trump out of office, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
              True. Trump really only had to put one operative in the USPS in order to sabotage it.

While I wouldn't put it past some Dems to sabotage the election if they thought that was the only way to get Trump out of office, that doesn't appear to be the case.
              Seems there is no end to what Trump will do. Crazy. Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that particular prong in his attempts to invalidate the election.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Since when did opinion become fact?

Comment

Seems there is no end to what Trump will do. Crazy. Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that particular prong in his attempts to invalidate the election.
                  "America’s new postmaster general, a Republican Trump megadonor[...]"

Comment

Explain why this seems normal to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post

Explain why this seems normal to you.
                      Chances are the guy is either going to be a Biden supporter or Trump supporter. He's he not supposed to have a job because of partisan loyalty? To assume he'll conspire with Trump to favor his reelection is just pure assumption. The guy who made the accusation is also a union leader, so naturally he's going to oppose any suggestion of cutbacks and, in this political environment, even put a politically conspiratorial spin on it. It's kind of a stupid conspiracy theory anyway. If he delays the postal service, then why wouldn't that affect the ballots of both parties?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        AND, there's the persecution complex...

Do you ever spread peace, love and joy? And, yes, you DO trash people -- you just don't like it when it comes back to you.

And live with you in the world of ever present gloom and doom?

Jim, I will continue to be obedient to the Word of God and pray for our leaders - ALL of them, including Trump - and trust in the Lord with all my heart, and HE will direct my paths.
                        'obedient to the Word of God'.

pieces of it perhaps.

Comment

'obedient to the Word of God'.

pieces of it perhaps.
                          I knew you weren't being honest when you said you were done.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          CP - I know you want to turn this into 'trash the ox', but I'm done.
                          Rant on, Jim. Rant on.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Chances are the guy is either going to be a Biden supporter or Trump supporter. He's he not supposed to have a job because of partisan loyalty? To assume he'll conspire with Trump to favor his reelection is just pure assumption. The guy who made the accusation is also a union leader, so naturally he's going to oppose any suggestion of cutbacks and, in this political environment, even put a politically conspiratorial spin on it. It's kind of a stupid conspiracy theory anyway. If he delays the postal service, then why wouldn't that affect the ballots of both parties?
                            It's not that hard to appoint someone to a position while avoiding the appearance of swampish impropriety. You have to be dense not to see that.

Comment

• Now Trump wants to delay the election because the postman might tear up the letters containing the votes and cheat him of an election. The truth is that he knows he will lose. Just preparing some wild lame excuses...

Comment

The 2016 election.

Comment