Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You've defended him all the way. And if you think minimizing or dismissing his attempts to undermine the 2020 election is not defending him, think again.
    So, let's deal with this precious little pile of cow plop.

Trump tweets crazy stuff, often, in my opinion, to get the extreme leftists' panties in a twist.
    I believe that is what this is.
    I do NOT believe Trump is actually going to attempt to delay the election.
    I do NOT believe it is POSSIBLE for Trump to delay the election.
    I "minimize or dismiss" his TWEETING about delaying the election, because it just ain't happening.

Now, should there appear ANY proof, or even reasonable suspicion, that Trump was attempting to delay the election, I am absolutely 100% rock solid AGAINST such effort.

My dog, Jake, is my witness.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      But you probably totally believe the "innocent protester" who was shot by police with bean bag bullets.
      Oh, the whataboutisn argument. At least detail the incident and the lie that your whataboutism argument is refering to even though it has nothing to do with Barr being a liar.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Oh, the whataboutisn argument. At least detail the incident and the lie that your whataboutism argument is refering to even though it has nothing to do with Barr being a liar.
        Stop Saying Stupid Stuff.gif

When you can actually formulate an argument, y'all come back, hear?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47397[/ATTACH]

When you can actually formulate an argument, y'all come back, hear?
          Funny. That's what I just asked you to do, which apparently you're unwilling to do.

Comment

Funny. That's what I just asked you to do, which apparently you're unwilling to do.
            Because your goofy "question" is so convoluted I don't even know what you're talking about.

Comment

So, let's deal with this precious little pile of cow plop.

Trump tweets crazy stuff, often, in my opinion, to get the extreme leftists' panties in a twist.
              I "minimize or dismiss" his TWEETING about delaying the election, because it just ain't happening.

Now, should there appear ANY proof, or even reasonable suspicion, that Trump was attempting to delay the election, I am absolutely 100% rock solid AGAINST such effort.

Just like his recent comment about accepting the Republican nomination from the White House. It caused Pelosi to drop her first bottle of Chardonnay for the day and to go apoplectic -- pretty much the exact result Trump was hoping for.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Just like his recent comment about accepting the Republican nomination from the White House. It caused Pelosi to drop her first bottle of Chardonnay for the day and to go apoplectic -- pretty much the exact result Trump was hoping for.
                Hey, I think Jimmy, in his own special way, was trying to ask about that video you posted of the "peaceful protester" who was whining about being hit by bean bag bullets, but had just prior to that, been trying to burn down the federal building.

Would you mind posting that here, please?

Comment

---

Completely unacceptable behavior by a president, especially in a time of global pandemic, but in general, we need to work together, not drive ourselves further apart.
                  For you to excuse it is to further defend him in his irresponsible behavior. Indeed, this has been the problem from day 1. Trump could have accomplished some good it he had been made firmly aware of the fact that he can't trash critical elements of our constitution or country, that he can't run slipshod over the separation of powers and the oversight of Congress, that his nepotism and violations of the emoluments clause will not be tolerated, in short, if he was clearly confronted by a reality that showed that those that support him will not support him if he is destructive in those areas where he has been destructive - his slip shod responses to the pandemic and support for misinformation that has cost somewhere near or above 100,000 lives or the massive damage done to our NATO alliance.

Being president isn't some middle school game.

I am not sure that he will either. He is engaging in a multi-pronged approach to undermining that. Probing to see if he can get support for delaying it was part of that overall tactic - as unacceptable as the others and which needed to be called out and vigorously opposed by people such as yourself whose vote he counts on.

Fortunately many republicans did not do as you are doing and let him know in no uncertain terms they would not support it. The fact he tried it, however, is inexcusable, and you have yet to acknowledge that fact. In fact, you here defend it per your comments above. This sort of behavior can't be tolerated, period and people responding to it as you have just makes it all the more likely he will believe he can leverage one of those prongs in November.

That proof already exists in spades in terms of the multiple attacks already made on the legitimacy of the election. And I predict your propensity to play his excess down and your hatred of democrats/liberals will put you firmly in his camp when he tries to nullify the results (or refuses to vacate the white house) should he lose.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-05-2020, 02:06 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Completely unacceptable behavior by a president, especially in a time of global pandemic
                    All coming from those who have enthusiastically embraced the old we need to destroy the village in order to save the village where in this case the village is the entire country.

And if the left was legitimately concerned about the pandemic rather than seeking to exploit it as a club to pound on Trump, they never would have given their blessings to huge gatherings with everyone cheek to jowl and no PPE. The fact that they just didn't merely turn a blind eye or say that they couldn't stop it but actually passionately endorsed it (the "social justice is more important than social distancing" mantra) exposes them for being hypocrites of the worst sort.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Because your goofy "question" is so convoluted I don't even know what you're talking about.
                      Well that's rather odd in that it was in response to your post suggesting that I probably believe what some unidentified protester said.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        All coming from those who have enthusiastically embraced the old we need to destroy the village in order to save the village where in this case the village is the entire country.
                        Simply a lie. I have never embraced any such thing.

And if the left was legitimately concerned about the pandemic rather than seeking to exploit it as a club to pound on Trump, they never would have given their blessings to huge gatherings with everyone cheek to jowl and no PPE.
                        You might want to clarify. The only person I know of giving approval to large gatherings without masks were Evangelical pastors demanding the right to hold completely full church services and Trump setting up rallies where covid was rampant all the while discouraging mask wearing.

The fact that they just didn't merely turn a blind eye or say that they couldn't stop it but actually passionately endorsed it (the "social justice is more important than social distancing" mantra) exposes them for being hypocrites of the worst sort.
                        You seem to be talking about the protests. You are off in a fantasy world. First of all, most of the protests I observed, and the ones my son participated in, involved almost completely masked participants very conscious of social distancing protocols. Second, they were outdoors (unlike trump rallies and church services) were the virus has a very hard time living more than a few seconds. The virus needs dry cool air devoid of ultraviolet light to live very long.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Jim, face it. You are willing to accept virtually anything and everything as long as it might hurt Trump. Collatoral damage is accepted and excused.

Just look at how you defend the rioters while vilifying federal law enforcement that was forced to be called in because liberal mayors and governors are grossly derelict in their duties.

You reveal a willingness to accept this sort of behavior and even twist it into attacks on Trump because that is exactly what you've become

So don't shoot the messenger for pointing out stuff you don't want to hear.

Comment

Completely unacceptable behavior by a president, especially in a time of global pandemic, but in general, we need to work together, not drive ourselves further apart.
                            For you to excuse it is to further defend him in his irresponsible behavior. Indeed, this has been the problem from day 1. Trump could have accomplished some good it he had been made firmly aware of the fact that he can't trash critical elements of our constitution or country, that he can't run slipshod over the separation of powers and the oversight of Congress, that his nepotism and violations of the emoluments clause will not be tolerated, in short, if he was clearly confronted by a reality that showed that those that support him will not support him if he is destructive in those areas where he has been destructive - his slip shod responses to the pandemic and support for misinformation that has cost somewhere near or above 100,000 lives or the massive damage done to our NATO alliance.

Being president isn't some middle school game.
                            He tweets stupid stuff, Jim. That's a reality. And I think he does it to get people like you all worked up in a lather. It's working.

I am not sure that he will either. He is engaging in a multi-pronged approach to undermining that. Probing to see if he can get support for delaying it was part of that overall tactic - as unacceptable as the others and which needed to be called out and vigorously opposed by people such as yourself whose vote he counts on.
                            No, Jim - I think he does it to stir up the nutters.

Fortunately many republicans did not do as you are doing and let him know in no uncertain terms they would not support it. The fact he tried it, however, is inexcusable, and you have yet to acknowledge that fact. In fact, you here defend it per your comments above. This sort of behavior can't be tolerated, period and people responding to it as you have just makes it all the more likely he will believe he can leverage one of those prongs in November.
                            Yup... it's working.

That proof already exists in spades in terms of the multiple attacks already made on the legitimacy of the election. And I predict your propensity to play his excess down and your hatred of democrats/liberals will put you firmly in his camp when he tries to nullify the results (or refuses to vacate the white house) should he lose.
                            OK, I'm really getting tired of your crap, Jim. I do NOT hate democrats or liberals, and I'm REALLY tired of your psychotic "I predict" nonsense. You REALLY need to get a grip on reality.

Comment

Well that's rather odd in that it was in response to your post suggesting that I probably believe what some unidentified protester said.
                              You just need to learn to express things better, Jimmy. I'm guessing it was in reference to the video Rogue had posted.

Comment

• It's pretty obvious how this going down. The Dems couldn't telegraph it any more blatantly. The Dems are prearranging the narrative that Trump is going to delay or obstruct the election. Then the Dems are going to cheat like there's no tomorrow. They're going to pull out all the stops, and they're obviously the ones with the motive since they're desperate to remove Trump (Trump doesn't even seem like he wants a second term). The when Trump's team discovers evidence of fraud and launches an investigation, the Dems will cry -- "SEE, WE WARNED YOU! TRUMP IS TRYING TO DELAY AND OBSTRUCT THE ELECTION"!!

Comment