Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's a scary world when those with paranoid delusion consider themselves the norm.

But let's think about this logically: the China flu -- or rather the hysteria surrounding the China flu -- has shut our country down. Large gatherings are strictly forbidden (unless they are liberal riots). Normal activities like simply going to the grocery store to buy food for your family are hindered by social distancing rules and requirements to smother yourself with a mask (healthcare workers are reporting increased incidences of headaches due to constant mask use; masks reduce your oxygen intake and increase CO2 levels in your body -- maybe that's why Fauci the Fraud was recently seen with his mask draped under his chin when he thought the cameras weren't watching). Many schools are instituting a "virtual classroom" for the coming year. You can't go to a restaurant or movie theater. And on and on. So under the circumstances, with normal activities so severely restricted and with all the known and unknown problems with mail in voting, why is asking about delaying the vote until we are at a point where we can do traditional in-person voting such an extreme question?
    You would never support this from any other person.

We did not move the elections during either world War, one of which coincided with a pandemic arguably worse than this one, and it was not moved during the Civil War either.

The peaceful, orderly, and regular transition of power is one of the single most important elements in maintaining our republic. No one gets to move that or change that. No one gets to override the opinion of the voting public wrt when they leave office.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    We did not move the elections during either world War, one of which coincided with a pandemic arguably worse than this one, and it was not moved during the Civil War either.
    First of all, our country was not on lockdown with people ordered to stay at home and limit excursions into public spaces during any of those wars. Secondly, we also didn't attempt to drastically overhaul the election process using an untested and unproven system that is ripe for fraud.

So on the one hand, you don't have even one word of criticism when the Democrats use the China flu pandemic as an excuse to drastically overhaul our upcoming election with a brand new and exceedingly sketchy "vote by mail" scheme, but when Trump merely asks if moving the day of the election might be a better solution, you run around screaming like your hair is on fire.

Give it up, ox, you have no ability to discuss these matters with any degree of objectivity or rationality.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-01-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

3. Amen NorrinRadd, MaxVel amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So under the circumstances, with normal activities so severely restricted and with all the known and unknown problems with mail in voting, why is asking about delaying the vote until we are at a point where we can do traditional in-person voting such an extreme question?
    It seems incongruous with the administration's position that it is also safe enough to open schools in person, and several months sooner than the election itself.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

5. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If I had hospital and police reports of such a beating, then the question is not the proverbial trap you are referring to. Cp, mm, and others have already made their attempts to dismiss actions taken by Trump to disrupt the November election. So they are by definition already among those who will dismiss such a destructive action by a president. The only thing then left to determine is which of the types of people willing to take such treasonous action they belong to.
    No, sir. I don't get easily emotional, and I don't totally freak out, and I don't absolutely hate Trump with a passion.... There are a lot of things that he does that bug me, but "vengeance is mine", says the Lord. Not mine, not yours -- and we are commanded to pray for and honor those in authority over us.

To be fair,
    That would be an excellent goal.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Again, those dismissing this are the usual suspects.
    We are recognizing it for what it is. You, however, are seeing FAR more than is there.

It is far more than a tweet.
    No. It's really not.

This idea has been being floated now for several months, and he has doubled down on it, pushing it again yesterday. It doesn't exist in isolation either. He has been trying to undermine the election on several fronts, implying that if he loses that will mean the result is illegitimate.

And you are too locked into your trump indeced fantasy world to understand the severity of what is happening here
    No, Jim, we're simply not totally flipping out.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Personally I don't see the deal. He can't do it after all.

9. Amen Cow Poke, Mountain Man, MaxVel amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Personally I don't see the deal. He can't do it after all.
    No, fortunately, he cant.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    We are recognizing it for what it is. You, however, are seeing FAR more than is there.

No. It's really not.

No, Jim, we're simply not totally flipping out.
    As I said, those minimizing what trump is trying to do are the ones in the wrong here. Freedom is only retained if those that love it remain vigilant and have no tolerance for those that would take it.

And as I pointed out, I have good company. I linked to a piece by george will, a truly brilliant man no stranger to history or politics, and not prone to hysteria. The bottom line is your attempts to pretend there is something wrong with me relative to the concern I have on this is simply your own display of your own ignorance of what Trump is doing in the context of history.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As I said, those minimizing what trump is trying to do are the ones in the wrong here.
    In your opinion.

Freedom is only retained if those that love it remain vigilant and have no tolerance for those that would take it.
    You are not free, Jim. Trump has you in a cage.

And as I pointed out, I have good company.
    Just about every anti-Christian bigot on this board?

I linked to a piece by george will, a truly brilliant man no stranger to history or politics, and not prone to hysteria.
    Will is entitled to his opinions, as well.

The bottom line is your attempts to pretend
    This is a dishonest accusation - I am not "attempting to pretend" anything, and I wish you would drop that kind of incivility.

there is something wrong with me relative to the concern I have on this is simply your own display of your own ignorance of what Trump is doing in the context of history.
    It is my opinion that you are allowing this extreme hatred of Trump to distort everything you read and hear about him, and take it to absolute extremes. I don't "attempt to pretend" that --- that is my sincere opinion.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In your opinion.

You are not free, Jim. Trump has you in a cage.

Just about every anti-Christian bigot on this board?

Will is entitled to his opinions, as well.

This is a dishonest accusation - I am not "attempting to pretend" anything, and I wish you would drop that kind of incivility.

It is my opinion that you are allowing this extreme hatred of Trump to distort everything you read and hear about him, and take it to absolute extremes. I don't "attempt to pretend" that --- that is my sincere opinion.
    What you are doing here is mild gaslighting CP. And the reason I point to george will is to help you recognize that fact. His opinions are my own, though I am not deriving my opinions from him. He is not some lightweight you can dismiss because you think his thinking is unclear or muddled by whatever excuse you use to dismiss my words. The simple reality is my issues with Trump are not based on an irrational 'hatred', but rather genuine and legitimate concern over his destructive behavior, especially when it undermines our relationship with our allies, or abuses our constitution, or abuses people and populations of people.

The problem here is not my reaction to those things, but rather your own indifference to them.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-02-2020 at 06:33 AM.

14. Amen Whateverman amen'd this post.