Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19

Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19 and the blames the mask that he rarely ever wears.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rep-louie-gohmert-tests-positive-covid-19/

Congressman Louie Gohmert tests positive for coronavirus

BY GRACE SEGERS, FIN GOMEZ

Republican Congressman Louie Gohmert has tested positive for coronavirus. The Texas Republican has not been wearing a mask inside the U.S. Capitol, flouting safety guidelines.

Gohmert was supposed to fly to Texas with President Trump on Wednesday, but tested positive for the virus during a pre-screening at the White House, several administration sources confirmed to CBS News. Politico first reported Gohmert's diagnosis.

In an interview with NBC affiliate KETK-TV, Gohmert said that he had not exhibited any symptoms of coronavirus.

"It's really ironic, because a lot of people have made a big deal of my not wearing a mask a whole lot, but in the last week or two I have worn a mask more" than he has in recent months, Gohmert said. He suggested that keeping a mask on "might have put some germs and some of the virus on the mask and breathed it in."

"I don't know where it came from, but apparently I have it," Gohmert said. He added that he would quarantine at home for 10 days.

Gohmert told CNN in June that he was not wearing a mask because he was frequently tested for the virus but said that if he contracted it "you'll never see me without a mask." Many members of Congress, mostly Republicans, have refused to wear a mask while in the Capitol.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Oh NO!!!!! The World Is Coming to An End. One guy didn't make himself silly with an ineffective mask.

Thanks for again pointing out how stupid the media is. The media idea of wearing of masks was to keep you from spreading coronavirus if you had it. But we are smart enough to remember that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      Oh NO!!!!! The World Is Coming to An End. One guy didn't make himself silly with an ineffective mask.

Thanks for again pointing out how stupid the media is. The media idea of wearing of masks was to keep you from spreading coronavirus if you had it. But we are smart enough to remember that fact.
      He did not accuse the mask as ineffective. He accused the mask of giving him the COVID-19. He actually was never seen wearing a mask in public.
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

His problem probably wasn't that he didn't wear a mask, so much as that he hung out with other people who didn't wear a mask.

Similar to how Herman Cain hung out with people who weren't wearing masks, back when he was alive.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          He did not accuse the mask as ineffective. He accused the mask of giving him the COVID-19. He actually was never seen wearing a mask in public.
          It wouldn't be a news story for what he says of a mask. The reason they would have the news story is that it makes people think they are safe from the virus if they wear a mask.

Comment

It wouldn't be a news story for what he says of a mask. The reason they would have the news story is that it makes people think they are safe from the virus if they wear a mask.
            No, that is not the case, but you indeed have a vivid manipulative imagination to justify your agenda.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
              His problem probably wasn't that he didn't wear a mask, so much as that he hung out with other people who didn't wear a mask.

Similar to how Herman Cain hung out with people who weren't wearing masks, back when he was alive.
              . . . both distancing and masks go together. It only demonstrates that the Conservative bravado riduculing the COVID-19 Pandemic as 'just a common flu' and dangerously putting others and themselves at risk of death or severe illness by childishly rejecting normal protection and likely a misplaced feeling of importality like teenagers believe..

Frank

Comment

One American is dying of COVID-45 per minute

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  wow. that means most people are living just fine. But it is odd to be dying from this non-existent virus you named.

Comment

. . . both distancing and masks go together. It only demonstrates that the Conservative bravado riduculing the COVID-19 Pandemic as 'just a common flu' and dangerously putting others and themselves at risk of death or severe illness by childishly rejecting normal protection and likely a misplaced feeling of importality like teenagers believe..
                    This should give you great joy, Shuny! Maybe all the conservatives will die off like the dinosaurs!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      wow. that means most people are living just fine.
                      Babies don't die as fast from abortion.

If you call yourself pro-life, you can't pretend this isn't worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        This should give you great joy, Shuny! Maybe all the conservatives will die off like the dinosaurs!
                        . . . but not by COVID-19, maybe a liberal left wing meteorite.

Frank

Comment

. . . but not by COVID-19, maybe a liberal left wing meteorite.
                          Sundown is coming earlier, Shuny!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Sundown is coming earlier, Shuny!
                            Your picture looks like the head of a Stephan King Scar Crow

Frank

Comment

Your picture looks like the head of a Stephan King Scar Crow
                              At least I'm wearing my mask! You're not.

Comment