Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    We have multiple pictures taken over a period of time in which Fauci the Fraud can be seen casually watching the game with a mask ridiculously draped under his chin.
    Fauci had been talking about prohibiting sporting events this year or only allowing them if fans are banned.

I guess that too did not mean him but other folks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We have multiple pictures taken over a period of time in which Fauci the Fraud can be seen casually watching the game with a mask ridiculously draped under his chin.
      How long is that period of time?

How many pictures, and where are they?

Do these pictures represent a single unbroken span, or are they individual "moments" when the mask is lowered then raised back up?

You'll pardon me for requesting details, but your posting history here strongly suggests that - if they support your pre-existing opinions - you don't investigate images/videos/stories very closely.
      Last edited by Whateverman; 08-04-2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        ... said the politician, beholden to his anti-pandemic constituents
        Sure, tinfoil captain...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Sure, tinfoil captain...
          ... said the guy who thinks Gohmert's daughter is a hateful liar ;)

Comment

... said the guy who thinks Gohmert's daughter is a hateful liar ;)
            Says the guy who thinks Gohmert is a hateful liar
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Fauci had been talking about prohibiting sporting events this year or only allowing them if fans are banned.

I guess that too did not mean him but other folks.
              Read a story recently about a Democrat politician who decided now would be a great time to go camping since he could have a state park all to himself and his family.

Then, of course, there's Chris Christie who went to enjoy a day in the sun at a beach that was closed to the public.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You'll pardon me for requesting details, but your posting history here strongly suggests that - if they support your pre-existing opinions - you don't investigate images/videos/stories very closely.
                You misspelt "at all".
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

It wouldn't matter what fauci did, you'd find a reason to smear him, because he's not willing to compromise his medical advice so that it conforms to Trumps fantasy wish list.

What matters is whether fauci wore the mask in conformance with his medical advice on the matter, not whether he wore it at all times during the game. Wearing it on the mound was simply a matter of being an example. There was no medical need to have the mask on when on the mound when he tossed the ball itself.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    Wearing it on the mound was simply a matter of being an example. There was no medical need to have the mask on when on the mound when he tossed the ball itself.
                    You're exactly right, it was for show. And as soon as Fauci thought nobody was watching, the mask came off.

Comment

You're exactly right, it was for show. And as soon as Fauci thought nobody was watching, the mask came off.
                      No, but I can't stop you from lying about what my comment said. What I said was that what matters is whether he wore the mask in conformancecwith the medical guidelines he has been advising. And for the record "as an example" and " for show" are not the same thing. He did not wear it "for show", he wore it as an example.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No, but I can't stop you from lying about what my comment said. What I said was that what matters is whether he wore the mask in conformancecwith the medical guidelines he has been advising. And for the record "as an example" and " for show" are not the same thing. He did not wear it "for show", he wore it as an example.
                        . . . and all photos of him in groups and around people did not show him wearing a mask nor social distancing.
                        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          . . . and all photos of him in groups and around people did not show him wearing a mask nor social distancing.
                          That would be bad unless those were the people he lives with, or unless they were removed briefly for the photo itself.

You realize my comments are about fauci at a ball game. Not the crazy congressman- right?
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-05-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Yep, it's all getting pretty absurd. Of course Fauci doesn't bother to follow his own advice when he thinks the cameras aren't watching because even he knows how useless cloth masks are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47321[/ATTACH]
                            so that's the photo you are griping about. There is nothing inconsistent about that. As was explained in the posts following.

It is very hypocritical of you to play this game MM. At least find something that actually represents a violation of his advice.

Comment

I said was that what matters is whether he wore the mask in conformancecwith the medical guidelines he has been advising.
                              Yes, and I agree with you that he only wore it on the pitchers mound as an "example", and as soon as he thought he was away from the cameras, the mask came off (as the saying goes, you can judge a man's character by what he does when he thinks nobody is watching).

Come on, man, don't get gun shy on me just because we're essentially saying the same thing.

Comment

Yes, and I agree with you that he only wore it on the pitchers mound as an "example", and as soon as he thought he was away from the cameras, the mask came off (as the saying goes, you can judge a man's character by what he does when he thinks nobody is watching).

Come on, man, don't get gun shy on me just because we're essentially saying the same thing.
                                we aren't even close MM.

Comment