Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19

  1. #1
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,160
    Amen (Given)
    1841
    Amen (Received)
    1095

    Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19

    Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19 and the blames the mask that he rarely ever wears.

    Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rep-louie-gohmert-tests-positive-covid-19/




    Congressman Louie Gohmert tests positive for coronavirus

    BY GRACE SEGERS, FIN GOMEZ

    Republican Congressman Louie Gohmert has tested positive for coronavirus. The Texas Republican has not been wearing a mask inside the U.S. Capitol, flouting safety guidelines.


    Gohmert was supposed to fly to Texas with President Trump on Wednesday, but tested positive for the virus during a pre-screening at the White House, several administration sources confirmed to CBS News. Politico first reported Gohmert's diagnosis.

    In an interview with NBC affiliate KETK-TV, Gohmert said that he had not exhibited any symptoms of coronavirus.

    "It's really ironic, because a lot of people have made a big deal of my not wearing a mask a whole lot, but in the last week or two I have worn a mask more" than he has in recent months, Gohmert said. He suggested that keeping a mask on "might have put some germs and some of the virus on the mask and breathed it in."

    "I don't know where it came from, but apparently I have it," Gohmert said. He added that he would quarantine at home for 10 days.

    Gohmert told CNN in June that he was not wearing a mask because he was frequently tested for the virus but said that if he contracted it "you'll never see me without a mask." Many members of Congress, mostly Republicans, have refused to wear a mask while in the Capitol.

    © Copyright Original Source

    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  2. #2
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,573
    Amen (Given)
    441
    Amen (Received)
    1075
    Oh NO!!!!! The World Is Coming to An End. One guy didn't make himself silly with an ineffective mask.

    Thanks for again pointing out how stupid the media is. The media idea of wearing of masks was to keep you from spreading coronavirus if you had it. But we are smart enough to remember that fact.

  3. #3
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,160
    Amen (Given)
    1841
    Amen (Received)
    1095
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Oh NO!!!!! The World Is Coming to An End. One guy didn't make himself silly with an ineffective mask.

    Thanks for again pointing out how stupid the media is. The media idea of wearing of masks was to keep you from spreading coronavirus if you had it. But we are smart enough to remember that fact.
    He did not accuse the mask as ineffective. He accused the mask of giving him the COVID-19. He actually was never seen wearing a mask in public.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  4. #4
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    91
    Amen (Given)
    8
    Amen (Received)
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Oh NO!!!!! The World Is Coming to An End. One guy didn't make himself silly with an ineffective mask.

    Thanks for again pointing out how stupid the media is. The media idea of wearing of masks was to keep you from spreading coronavirus if you had it. But we are smart enough to remember that fact.
    His problem probably wasn't that he didn't wear a mask, so much as that he hung out with other people who didn't wear a mask.

    Similar to how Herman Cain hung out with people who weren't wearing masks, back when he was alive.

  5. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
  6. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,573
    Amen (Given)
    441
    Amen (Received)
    1075
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    He did not accuse the mask as ineffective. He accused the mask of giving him the COVID-19. He actually was never seen wearing a mask in public.
    It wouldn't be a news story for what he says of a mask. The reason they would have the news story is that it makes people think they are safe from the virus if they wear a mask.

  7. #6
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,160
    Amen (Given)
    1841
    Amen (Received)
    1095
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    It wouldn't be a news story for what he says of a mask. The reason they would have the news story is that it makes people think they are safe from the virus if they wear a mask.
    No, that is not the case, but you indeed have a vivid manipulative imagination to justify your agenda.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  8. #7
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,160
    Amen (Given)
    1841
    Amen (Received)
    1095
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
    His problem probably wasn't that he didn't wear a mask, so much as that he hung out with other people who didn't wear a mask.

    Similar to how Herman Cain hung out with people who weren't wearing masks, back when he was alive.
    . . . both distancing and masks go together. It only demonstrates that the Conservative bravado riduculing the COVID-19 Pandemic as 'just a common flu' and dangerously putting others and themselves at risk of death or severe illness by childishly rejecting normal protection and likely a misplaced feeling of importality like teenagers believe..
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  9. #8
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,342
    Amen (Given)
    327
    Amen (Received)
    264
    One American is dying of COVID-45 per minute
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

  10. Amen Reepicheep amen'd this post.
  11. #9
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,573
    Amen (Given)
    441
    Amen (Received)
    1075
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    One American is dying of COVID-45 per minute
    wow. that means most people are living just fine. But it is odd to be dying from this non-existent virus you named.

  12. #10
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    66,535
    Amen (Given)
    14470
    Amen (Received)
    29435
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    . . . both distancing and masks go together. It only demonstrates that the Conservative bravado riduculing the COVID-19 Pandemic as 'just a common flu' and dangerously putting others and themselves at risk of death or severe illness by childishly rejecting normal protection and likely a misplaced feeling of importality like teenagers believe..
    This should give you great joy, Shuny! Maybe all the conservatives will die off like the dinosaurs!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •