Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    So you wear a magical mask which protects you from coronavirus, cancer, heart-attacks, ring-worms. That is great.
    Meanwhile, people forced to wear masks for hours a day are reporting an increase in headaches, shortness of breath, and anxiety.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/29/...reath-anxiety/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This article says absolutely nothing. Why did you post it?
    The Bravdo anti-pandemic view against masks and social distancing promoted by Trump has lead to increased infections and deaths. It is very likely Cain got the COVID-19 from crowded gatherings associated with the Convention and campaigning without a mask or social distancing championed by Trump.

Both Cain and Gohmert generally refused to where masks and social distance.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The Bravdo anti-pandemic view against masks and social distancing promoted by Trump has lead to increased infections and deaths. It is very likely Cain got the COVID-19 from crowded gatherings associated with the Convention and campaigning without a mask or social distancing championed by Trump.

Both Cain and Gohmert generally refused to where masks and social distance.
    who knows?

I do think it is worth exposing the lies that masks help. Like we already knew. The masks only keep a sick person from sharing the sickness when coughs or sneezes. So, we know that his not wearing a mask has nothing to do with him getting sick.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I do think it is worth exposing the lies that masks help. Like we already knew. The masks only keep a sick person from sharing the sickness when coughs or sneezes. So, we know that his not wearing a mask has nothing to do with him getting sick.
    Wearing a mask makes it less likely that you'll get sick. Even better is not hanging around with people who aren't wearing masks. We can't say with certainty that Cain wouldn't have contracted covid-19 if he and the people around him had been wearing masks and maintaining distance. But we can say that it would have been far less likely.

It would be best for all of us if we all took the pandemic seriously.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Meanwhile, people forced to wear masks for hours a day are reporting an increase in headaches, shortness of breath, and anxiety.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/29/...reath-anxiety/
    Yes, those people would be much better off if we had taken the pandemic seriously from the start.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    who knows?

It has been clear that you encourage the spread of COVID-19, and the higher fatality rate as with many conservative Republicans.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    It has been clear that you encourage the spread of COVID-19, and the higher fatality rate as with many conservative Republicans.
    oh right. Everyone just wants to have a higher fatality rate by avoiding ineffective wearing of masks. It is a plot against people who don't wear masks. Isn't this on an episode of Pinky and the Brain?

And I'm not the one who promotes ineffective masks to protect you rather than the scientific studies proving hydroxychloroquine as a cure. I'm not sure why you reject the scientific studies. Still waiting to hear back on this.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 08-01-2020 at 07:50 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
    Yes, those people would be much better off if we had taken the pandemic seriously from the start.
    What country are you from? In America, the governments and people have taken this epidemic seriously. I think you are going for dramatic effect rather than a statement of reality.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In America, the governments and people have taken this epidemic seriously.
    If that were true, countries like Canada and Britain wouldn't be keeping Americans from entering.
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    If that were true, countries like Canada and Britain wouldn't be keeping Americans from entering.
    That is stupid of them. What are people in the States supposed to do? All that is needed is to ask if the people have been consuming tonic water or have been taking HCQ. Or better yet, when someone arrives at the customs area, just have them take a does of HCQ.

We have evidence of herd immunity since so many people have tested positive.

It is so ignorant of our state governments to say a business has to close its office for 14 days because someone was next to some whose friend might have tested positive for coronavirus. A country nor a business can operate on such irrational grounds. It could be a choice -- wear a silly mask or take the dosage of HCQ every 10 days (or whatever was recommended for people who don't have coronavirus).

So many idiots are treating the state policies like there was any reason behind it. Things from Fauci and the governors have lacked any scientific basis. These idiots are helping promote suicides, spousal abuse, drug abuse and financial collapse.