Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    Babies don't die as fast from abortion.

If you call yourself pro-life, you can't pretend this isn't worse.
    So you wear a magical mask which protects you from coronavirus, cancer, heart-attacks, ring-worms. That is great.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      Originally posted by Whateverman
      One American is dying of COVID-45 per minute
      wow. that means most people are living just fine. But it is odd to be dying from this non-existent virus you named.
      Babies don't die as fast from abortion.

If you call yourself pro-life, you can't pretend this isn't worse.
      So you wear a magical mask which protects you from coronavirus, cancer, heart-attacks, ring-worms. That is great.
      So you're not pro-life?
      Last edited by Whateverman; 07-30-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

So you're not pro-life?
        Don't be silly. I don't believe in magical masks.

I am advocating living life, not just hiding in fear behind a mask. This has been my point all along.

The media are promoting fear and you are falling for it.

Comment

Don't be silly. I don't believe in magical masks.

I am advocating living life, not just hiding in fear behind a mask. This has been my point all along.

The media are promoting fear and you are falling for it.
          Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510018-trump-says-he-doesnt-think-herman-cain-caught-covid-19-at-tulsa-rally

Trump says he doesn't think Herman Cain caught COVID-19 at Tulsa rally
          BY MORGAN CHALFANT - 07/31/20 02:54 PM EDT

President Trump said Friday he doesn’t think that Herman Cain, who died this week after being hospitalized with the coronavirus, caught the virus when he attended the president’s Tulsa, Okla., rally last month.

“No, I don’t think he did,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for a trip to Florida when asked if he was worried Cain contracted COVID-19 in Tulsa.

Cain, a GOP presidential candidate in 2012, died Thursday at the age of 74 after having been hospitalized in Atlanta on July 1 with the coronavirus. It is unclear where Cain contracted the disease.

Cain, who co-chaired the Black Voices for Trump coalition, traveled to attend Trump's June 20 campaign rally in Tulsa, where he was photographed not wearing a mask indoors. The president was widely criticized for staging the indoor rally and not requiring participants to wear masks. At the time, the city was experiencing a rise in cases, and the local health director urged Trump to reschedule the gathering.

On Friday, Trump praised Cain as "a great man."

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510018-trump-says-he-doesnt-think-herman-cain-caught-covid-19-at-tulsa-rally

Trump says he doesn't think Herman Cain caught COVID-19 at Tulsa rally
            BY MORGAN CHALFANT - 07/31/20 02:54 PM EDT

President Trump said Friday he doesn’t think that Herman Cain, who died this week after being hospitalized with the coronavirus, caught the virus when he attended the president’s Tulsa, Okla., rally last month.

“No, I don’t think he did,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for a trip to Florida when asked if he was worried Cain contracted COVID-19 in Tulsa.
            On Friday, Trump praised Cain as "a great man."

© Copyright Original Source

This article says absolutely nothing. Why did you post it?

Comment

Meanwhile, people forced to wear masks for hours a day are reporting an increase in headaches, shortness of breath, and anxiety.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/29/...reath-anxiety/
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This article says absolutely nothing. Why did you post it?
                The Bravdo anti-pandemic view against masks and social distancing promoted by Trump has lead to increased infections and deaths. It is very likely Cain got the COVID-19 from crowded gatherings associated with the Convention and campaigning without a mask or social distancing championed by Trump.

Both Cain and Gohmert generally refused to where masks and social distance.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

The Bravdo anti-pandemic view against masks and social distancing promoted by Trump has lead to increased infections and deaths. It is very likely Cain got the COVID-19 from crowded gatherings associated with the Convention and campaigning without a mask or social distancing championed by Trump.

Both Cain and Gohmert generally refused to where masks and social distance.
                  who knows?

I do think it is worth exposing the lies that masks help. Like we already knew. The masks only keep a sick person from sharing the sickness when coughs or sneezes. So, we know that his not wearing a mask has nothing to do with him getting sick.

Comment

I do think it is worth exposing the lies that masks help. Like we already knew. The masks only keep a sick person from sharing the sickness when coughs or sneezes. So, we know that his not wearing a mask has nothing to do with him getting sick.
                    Wearing a mask makes it less likely that you'll get sick. Even better is not hanging around with people who aren't wearing masks. We can't say with certainty that Cain wouldn't have contracted covid-19 if he and the people around him had been wearing masks and maintaining distance. But we can say that it would have been far less likely.

It would be best for all of us if we all took the pandemic seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Meanwhile, people forced to wear masks for hours a day are reporting an increase in headaches, shortness of breath, and anxiety.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/29/...reath-anxiety/
                      Yes, those people would be much better off if we had taken the pandemic seriously from the start.

Comment

who knows?

It has been clear that you encourage the spread of COVID-19, and the higher fatality rate as with many conservative Republicans.

Frank

Comment

It has been clear that you encourage the spread of COVID-19, and the higher fatality rate as with many conservative Republicans.
                          oh right. Everyone just wants to have a higher fatality rate by avoiding ineffective wearing of masks. It is a plot against people who don't wear masks. Isn't this on an episode of Pinky and the Brain?

And I'm not the one who promotes ineffective masks to protect you rather than the scientific studies proving hydroxychloroquine as a cure. I'm not sure why you reject the scientific studies. Still waiting to hear back on this.
                          Last edited by mikewhitney; 08-01-2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                            Yes, those people would be much better off if we had taken the pandemic seriously from the start.
                            What country are you from? In America, the governments and people have taken this epidemic seriously. I think you are going for dramatic effect rather than a statement of reality.

Comment

In America, the governments and people have taken this epidemic seriously.
                              If that were true, countries like Canada and Britain wouldn't be keeping Americans from entering.

Comment

If that were true, countries like Canada and Britain wouldn't be keeping Americans from entering.
                                That is stupid of them. What are people in the States supposed to do? All that is needed is to ask if the people have been consuming tonic water or have been taking HCQ. Or better yet, when someone arrives at the customs area, just have them take a does of HCQ.

We have evidence of herd immunity since so many people have tested positive.

It is so ignorant of our state governments to say a business has to close its office for 14 days because someone was next to some whose friend might have tested positive for coronavirus. A country nor a business can operate on such irrational grounds. It could be a choice -- wear a silly mask or take the dosage of HCQ every 10 days (or whatever was recommended for people who don't have coronavirus).

So many idiots are treating the state policies like there was any reason behind it. Things from Fauci and the governors have lacked any scientific basis. These idiots are helping promote suicides, spousal abuse, drug abuse and financial collapse.

Comment