Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Appeals court to rehear Flynn case en banc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeals court to rehear Flynn case en banc.

Federal Appeals Court in Washington DC agrees to Judge Sullivans request to rehear the Flynn case and the lower courts ruling that the case against General Flynn be dismissed.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/07...l-flynn-388384

Not good news for the corrupt Administration and his corrupt Atty Gen., and not good news at all for Flynn either. When the court agrees to rehear a case en banc, that was previously decided by a smaller panel of Judges, which in this case voted 2-1 in favor of the government to dismiss the case against Flynn, it usually means they disagree with the smaller panel of Judges decision.

This feels like good news...

Comment

We can hope justice is done, but when you're dealing with liberal judges who value politics over upholding the law, then it gives you a bad feeling.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Federal Appeals Court in Washington DC agrees to Judge Sullivans request to rehear the Flynn case and the lower courts ruling that the case against General Flynn be dismissed.

Not good news for the corrupt Administration and his corrupt Atty Gen., and not good news at all for Flynn either. When the court agrees to rehear a case en banc, that was previously decided by a smaller panel of Judges, which in this case voted 2-1 in favor of the government to dismiss the case against Flynn, it usually means they disagree with the smaller panel of Judges decision.
        Thank you for providing an actual link!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          We can hope justice is done, but when you're dealing with liberal judges who value politics over upholding the law
          Why do right-wing conservatives project so much?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            Why do thin-skinned extremist nutter liberals always accuse others of projection?

You're such a freakin' hypocrite - you complain about others doing a personal attack in lieu of a serious argument, yet here you are.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We can hope justice is done, but when you're dealing with liberal judges who value politics over upholding the law, then it gives you a bad feeling.
              Subtext = judges that give verdicts with which I [MM]do not agree.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

We don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                  Have you followed this case? The prosecution has withdrawn all charges. The fact that an uncontested motion to withdraw charges even needs to be appealed in the first place because a corrupt judge refused to obey the law and grant the motion should have everybody's blood boiling.

Comment

Have you followed this case? The prosecution has withdrawn all charges. The fact that an uncontested motion to withdraw charges even needs to be appealed in the first place because a corrupt judge refused to obey the law and grant the motion should have everybody's blood boiling.
                    This indicates severe prejudice by the judge. This sounds like a vendetta. This is new information sufficient for an additional appeal by Flynn.
                    Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-31-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

We can hope justice is done, but when you're dealing with liberal judges who value politics over upholding the law [...]
                      We don't.
                      And yet you do. Constantly.

Right wing conservatives value politics over law; proof of this is the refusal to accept the rendering of legal justice unless-and-until that justice fits with your political narrative.

That's you - valuing politics over law. No liberal judges were involved in your decision to claim Flynn's legal disposition was the result of political corruption.

That's all you. Projecting your worldview onto others.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

I think you may be celebrating too soon. Besides, I predict that SCOTUS will have the final say and this is just another stop on the road to there.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                          I unlike MM don't feel they did wrong just that they didn't have go ahead and schedule a full hearing since this is a clear case of a Judge overstepping the bounds of his office. I suspect the ruling will be to tell Judge Sullivan to stop overstepping the bounds of his office. that is not to say that if the court doesn't rightfully rule that Judge Sullivan overstepped his bounds That I'd would not have questions about them having a leftist bias since they would not have done what they swore to do base their decision on the Rule of law

I do not now how it is where you live in Europe, but here in America judges do not have the right to prosecute or request another prosecutor in any case they are presiding over. Once the prosecution drops the case all they have the right to do is start paper work to expedite the dropping of the case. The Lower courts ruled correctly and I expect the Appeals court to do the same since Judge Sullivan continuing to refuse to do his duty has shown he is unfit to hold that seat on the bench he has or practice law. So if the Appeals court decides in Sullivan's favor they would have ruled wrongly not because I don't agree with them but because they went against the Rule of Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                            I think you may be celebrating too soon. Besides, I predict that SCOTUS will have the final say and this is just another stop on the road to there.
                            I suspect that the SCOTUS will reject any request from the Trump administration to review this case.

But as to Flynn's ultimate fate, I don't have the first guess.

Comment

I suspect that the SCOTUS will reject any request from the Trump administration to review this case.

But as to Flynn's ultimate fate, I don't have the first guess.
                              You're assuming Judge Sullivan wins. Would they take the appeal if Judge Sullivan has to make it?

Personally, I think this case has too many implications that SCOTUS will have take it. Then after hearing arguments, they may make a ruling which includes kicking it back down for another hearing. I think this case will be around for awhile.
                              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment