Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Appeals court to rehear Flynn case en banc.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    We can hope justice is done, but when you're dealing with liberal judges who value politics over upholding the law [...]
    Why do right-wing conservatives project so much?
    We don't.
    And yet you do. Constantly.

Right wing conservatives value politics over law; proof of this is the refusal to accept the rendering of legal justice unless-and-until that justice fits with your political narrative.

That's you - valuing politics over law. No liberal judges were involved in your decision to claim Flynn's legal disposition was the result of political corruption.

That's all you. Projecting your worldview onto others.
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Federal Appeals Court in Washington DC agrees to Judge Sullivans request to rehear the Flynn case and the lower courts ruling that the case against General Flynn be dismissed.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/07...l-flynn-388384

Not good news for the corrupt Administration and his corrupt Atty Gen., and not good news at all for Flynn either. When the court agrees to rehear a case en banc, that was previously decided by a smaller panel of Judges, which in this case voted 2-1 in favor of the government to dismiss the case against Flynn, it usually means they disagree with the smaller panel of Judges decision.
    I think you may be celebrating too soon. Besides, I predict that SCOTUS will have the final say and this is just another stop on the road to there.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Subtext = judges that give verdicts with which I [MM]do not agree.
    I unlike MM don't feel they did wrong just that they didn't have go ahead and schedule a full hearing since this is a clear case of a Judge overstepping the bounds of his office. I suspect the ruling will be to tell Judge Sullivan to stop overstepping the bounds of his office. that is not to say that if the court doesn't rightfully rule that Judge Sullivan overstepped his bounds That I'd would not have questions about them having a leftist bias since they would not have done what they swore to do base their decision on the Rule of law

I do not now how it is where you live in Europe, but here in America judges do not have the right to prosecute or request another prosecutor in any case they are presiding over. Once the prosecution drops the case all they have the right to do is start paper work to expedite the dropping of the case. The Lower courts ruled correctly and I expect the Appeals court to do the same since Judge Sullivan continuing to refuse to do his duty has shown he is unfit to hold that seat on the bench he has or practice law. So if the Appeals court decides in Sullivan's favor they would have ruled wrongly not because I don't agree with them but because they went against the Rule of Law.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    I think you may be celebrating too soon. Besides, I predict that SCOTUS will have the final say and this is just another stop on the road to there.
    I suspect that the SCOTUS will reject any request from the Trump administration to review this case.

But as to Flynn's ultimate fate, I don't have the first guess.
    I can solve the problem of evil without interfering with anyone's free will. So can your God, but he refuses. This is why I'm His moral superior.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I suspect that the SCOTUS will reject any request from the Trump administration to review this case.

You're assuming Judge Sullivan wins. Would they take the appeal if Judge Sullivan has to make it?

Personally, I think this case has too many implications that SCOTUS will have take it. Then after hearing arguments, they may make a ruling which includes kicking it back down for another hearing. I think this case will be around for awhile.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I have a pretty good guess. If this drags on past the election, Flynn will get a pardon.

And of course the charges might just be dropped with prejudice, in which case he won't need a pardon.

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Why are you thinking that The SCOTUS will reject a request from the Trump administration if the Appeals court wrongfully rules that in Judge Sullivan's favor after all other lower courts are telling him to do his job. given that what this would be a different opinion then the other courts the SCOTUS will hear the case at the request of the Trump administration and when the decision is made based on the Rule of Law as it must be they will tell Judge Sullivan to do his duty and get that paper work started to dismiss the case.

What will most likely happen is that the Appeals court agrees with the lower courts that Judge Sullivan do his job. Judge Sullivan continues his temper Tantrum the supreme court will refuse ot hear it saying that the lower courts rulings stand there by forcing Judge Sullvian to finally do his job which will be the last thing he does since he has shown he does not deserve that seat on bench he holds nor does he deserve to practice law. since he cares nothing about the law.

So in either case judge Sullivan will lose Flynn and Justice will have won.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 07-31-2020 at 01:50 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Have you followed this case? The prosecution has withdrawn all charges. The fact that an uncontested motion to withdraw charges even needs to be appealed in the first place because a corrupt judge refused to obey the law and grant the motion should have everybody's blood boiling.
    No, the prosecution was so outraged at the Atty Generals interference on behalf of the President that they resigned rather than to do the corrupt Atty Gen. Barrs bidding by withdrawing the charges. The full court examined the case and the 3 judge panels 2-1 decision to dismiss, a decision by Judges who you apparently approve of, and apparently didn't like what they saw so they agreed with Judge Sullivan and decided to re-hear the governments case for dismissal en banc, by the entire appeals court. The fact that they decided to re-hear the case does not bode well for Flynn or the corrupt President and his corrupt Atty General.
    Don't worry your corrupt little brain over it though, Trump still has another power to abuse up his sleeve once they lose the case. He wil pardon his corrupt partner in crime just like he did for Roger Stone.
    Last edited by JimL; 07-31-2020 at 02:16 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, the prosecution was so outraged at the Atty Generals interference on behalf of the President that they resigned rather than to do the corrupt Atty Gen. Barrs bidding by withdrawing the charges. The full court examined the case and the 3 judge panels 2-1 decision to dismiss, a decision by Judges who you apparently approve of, and apparently didn't like what they saw so they agreed with Judge Sullivan and decided to re-hear the governments case for dismissal en banc, by the entire appeals court. The fact that they decided to re-hear the case does not bode well for Flynn or the corrupt President and his corrupt Atty General.
    This isn't necessarily bad for Flynn, other than the fact that it stretches things out. The full court will probably send it back to Sullivan, and if he doesn't allow the charges to be dropped, the appeals court will get another chance to rule against him.

Don't worry your corrupt little brain over it though, Trump still has another power to abuse up his sleeve once they lose the case. He wil pardon his corrupt partner in crime just like he did for Roger Stone.
    Yeah, I expect a pardon will come when Trump needs to distract attention from something even worse, or else after the election.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
    This isn't necessarily bad for Flynn, other than the fact that it stretches things out. The full court will probably send it back to Sullivan, and if he doesn't allow the charges to be dropped, the appeals court will get another chance to rule against him.

Yeah, I expect a pardon will come when Trump needs to distract attention from something even worse, or else after the election.
    I don't know, that doesn't sound right to me. The Judge, Judge Sullivan, was ready to sentence Flynn when the DOJ stepped in to get the case dismissed. The appeals court agreed with the DOJ and ordered the case dismissed. That decision was then appealed to the full court who then vacated the lower court decision and will require the DOJ to make their case in front of the full court. If the full court sends it back to Sullivan, meaning the DOJ bid to dismiss failed, then he is free to sentence Flynn in accordance with the result of the original trial and Flynns guilty plea. I assume Sullivan will give a more severe sentence to Flynn do to his retraction of his guilty plea. Perhaps Flynn can appeal that decision again, I don't know, but I think he'd have little chance of winning his case at that point. After all, he pled guilty, and the attempt by the DOJ to throw out that plea would have already failed.
    Last edited by JimL; 08-01-2020 at 10:39 AM.