Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Are All White People Racist?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Liberals are definitely self-deprecating about their own race, and it's bizarre. My theory is that it's a form of projection, it's some weird psychological knee-jerk reaction to their own inherent racists feelings. IOW, white liberals are racist against blacks, but this bothers them deep down inside, and so they become hypersensitive to it and lash out at everyone else for being the racist. I also think there are some actual white supremacists that are only democrat in disguise because it allows them them to enact or support policy that actually hurts minorities (but that's a whole other subject). But for a white person to say whites want a race war is just so over-the-top bizarre to me for a white person to say that it just caught me off guard. I could understand if he's a black BLM advocate though. If not, then that's cult-like level mentality.
    Completely agree with you. There's a great deal of race-obsession from the left that I find extremely disturbing and much of it unsubtle in its racism. The claims of White Fragility or All White People Are Racist are based on a foundation that those who are "oppressed" - always black, on the subject of race - can never do anything wrong or be in any way responsible for their own failings. It denies full humanity from anyone non-white, ironically. They are helpless to change their own circumstances, and we, the enlightened, graciously woke whites, are only to listen silently to their wisdom without question and do as requested. It's insultingly racist to both sides.

2. Amen Ronson, seanD, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaC View Post
    Completely agree with you. There's a great deal of race-obsession from the left that I find extremely disturbing and much of it unsubtle in its racism. The claims of White Fragility or All White People Are Racist are based on a foundation that those who are "oppressed" - always black, on the subject of race - can never do anything wrong or be in any way responsible for their own failings. It denies full humanity from anyone non-white, ironically. They are helpless to change their own circumstances, and we, the enlightened, graciously woke whites, are only to listen silently to their wisdom without question and do as requested. It's insultingly racist to both sides.
    It kind of reminds me of the quote from Macbeth, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

There is an awful lot of overcompensating going on there. Makes one wonder just what have they done that they are trying to make up for.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Nope. Just him.

And really, you can only turn the other cheek so many times.
    Who you disagree with and seek to dehumanize because of it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It kind of reminds me of the quote from Macbeth, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

There is an awful lot of overcompensating going on there. Makes one wonder just what have they done that they are trying to make up for.
    108206314_2316111085350398_12784013131162027_o.jpg
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

7. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Er there is a man called Will Shakespeare at the door.

He wishes to complain about people mis-attributing quotes from one play he wrote to another - the quote you have cited comes from Hamlet, not Macbeth. It is spoken by Gertrude [Hamlet's mother]in response to his question as to how she likes the play!
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    James Woods? That old has-been. I am beginning to wonder if the part of Byron De La Beckwith was the part he was born to play.
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    His user name gives the most sensible response to his posts.
    and his avatar fits his posting style perfectly.

11. Amen LeaC amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But didn't you know? Yesterday's Democrats morphed into today's Republicans!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Er there is a man called Will Shakespeare at the door.

He wishes to complain about people mis-attributing quotes from one play he wrote to another - the quote you have cited comes from Hamlet, not Macbeth. It is spoken by Gertrude [Hamlet's mother]in response to his question as to how she likes the play!
    Yup you're right. It's from Hamlet not Macbeth. Don't think I've misattributed the wrong play before when I cited it.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Like the Nazis did with Jews...
    Or the homosexuals.