Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Myth of Christian Martyrdom

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I do have a friend, a local judge, who has a swear jar!
    coin-short-reason.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

2. Amen Hypatia_Alexandria amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Holding and I had a brief discussion on her book a few years ago but it was buried. A lot of what Moss presents is not particularly controversial and was sensationalized in the headlines.

I do remember Sean McDowell tried to go back and independently verify the martyrdom of the apostles and was unable to verify the majority of them because so much is just lost to history.
    I do not consider Dr Moss was attempting to be "controversial". She merely puts forward an academic perspective on the issue.

Furthermore, it is hardly surprising that Mr McDowell was unsuccessful in his attempts to verify the alleged "martyrdom of the apostles" given that those accounts appear to be little more than Christian pietistic fiction.
    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE