Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Cancer Among Pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer Among Pets

This is a series of videos on reducing cancer among pets.
    https://shop.thetruthaboutcancer.com...-summer-replay
    There are seven videos of about 1 hour duration.

The pet food discussions are really interesting. The veterinarians mention the push by pet food companies in their schools.

The food first is not normal for dogs and cats. There is emphasis against kibble (dried, cooked food) especially with soy, corn or rice.

The meat and fish is broadly scraps from meat/fish/poultry processing plants, consisting of rotted matter full of toxins (bones and feathers included) and ground up into a paste. This is cooked ostensibly to remove the bacteria -- but this does not remove the toxins. We can remember the recent thread where toxins of lobsters develop quickly when the lobster dies.

My cat would periodically throw up its food. I then, in recent times, figured that wheat and grains were not normal food for cats. I have swapped over to a potato-based food but now maybe have a healthier meat/fish based food. (She still throws up some but maybe not as bad.)

Beyond food, they discussed the toxins from household cleaners and lawn fertilizers. Tide detergent was mentioned as having bad chemicals.

The ultimate goal of the recommendations is to reduce the occurrence of cancer in one's pets.

Anyhow, this is stuff that people might want to think about for their pets.

Cats are carnivores. They aren't supposed to eat potatoes. Dogs are omnivores and can eat certain vegetables.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
      Cats are carnivores. They aren't supposed to eat potatoes. Dogs are omnivores and can eat certain vegetables.
      My mom's friend was a vegetarian. That friend fed her cat vegetarian cat food. I think it was cancer that killed the cat. I can really say it was the cat food that promoted the cat's death but it sounds a little suspicious. But really, most of the dry cat food is just grains so a vegetarian diet might not be much different from a regular diet. However, the videos on this show problems that happen even with the supposedly meat and fish matter used in cat food.

I was trying to get my cat some better food (at least something she would eat). There were little shreds of fish. The odd thing is that I have had ants going after meat. These ants never went for that bit of fish that my cat missed. I should see if she will eat tuna sold to people.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

My mom's friend was a vegetarian. That friend fed her cat vegetarian cat food. I think it was cancer that killed the cat. I can really say it was the cat food that promoted the cat's death but it sounds a little suspicious. But really, most of the dry cat food is just grains so a vegetarian diet might not be much different from a regular diet. However, the videos on this show problems that happen even with the supposedly meat and fish matter used in cat food.

I was trying to get my cat some better food (at least something she would eat). There were little shreds of fish. The odd thing is that I have had ants going after meat. These ants never went for that bit of fish that my cat missed. I should see if she will eat tuna sold to people.
        Most dry cat food isn't formulated according to what cats actually need, then. Cats are carnivores and should never be fed food that is primarily grain or vegetables. Vegetarian cat food is a really stupid idea.
        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X