Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Languages 301 Guidelines

This is where we come to delve into the biblical text. Theology is not our foremost thought, but we realize it is something that will be dealt with in nearly every conversation. Feel free to use the original languages to make your point (meaning Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic). This is an exegetical discussion area, so please limit topics to purely biblical ones.

This is not the section for debates between theists and atheists. While a theistic viewpoint is not required for discussion in this area, discussion does presuppose a respect for the integrity of the Biblical text (or the willingness to accept such a presupposition for discussion purposes) and a respect for the integrity of the faith of others and a lack of an agenda to undermine the faith of others.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Declension Generator" for Greek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Declension Generator" for Greek?

Is there any site where you can put in a Greek word and it'll tell you all the declensions for it? I've been searching but can't seem to find one. This site does it for Latin:
    https://www.online-latin-dictionary.com

For example, here it will list the declensions for verbum (word):
    https://www.online-latin-dictionary....emma=VERBUM100

However, I've been unable to find a similar thing for Greek; there are online Greek dictionaries, but the ones I've looked at don't offer the kind of declension generators I'm looking for, or at least I didn't see them on the sites. Anyone know of one?

At this site with links to many resources, I find this page. I can't actually read Greek, so I can't be sure it's what you want. From the description at the first link, it kind of sounds like it.

Edit: I missed this one also at the first link.
    Last edited by NorrinRadd; 08-03-2020, 07:44 AM.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      At this site with links to many resources, I find this page. I can't actually read Greek, so I can't be sure it's what you want. From the description at the first link, it kind of sounds like it.
      I can't seem to get the first one to work right; I put in a word and then it just nicely tells me that I can only look up one word every 24 hours(?!) but without seeming to actually give me anything on the word I just put in. I'm going to wait and try again to see if I can get it to work somehow. Although even if I can get it to work, the one word per 24 hours seems stifling; you need a subscription to get more.

Edit: I missed this one also at the first link.
      This one seems like it might, but the way it lists them is a bit unintuitive and it's harder for me to figure out what corresponds to what.

You'd think something like this would be a lot easier to find.

Thanks for the help though!

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        Is there any site where you can put in a Greek word and it'll tell you all the declensions for it? I've been searching but can't seem to find one. This site does it for Latin:
        https://www.online-latin-dictionary.com

For example, here it will list the declensions for verbum (word):
        https://www.online-latin-dictionary....emma=VERBUM100

However, I've been unable to find a similar thing for Greek; there are online Greek dictionaries, but the ones I've looked at don't offer the kind of declension generators I'm looking for, or at least I didn't see them on the sites. Anyone know of one?
        FWIW, verbs are conjugated, whereas nouns are declined.

If you want to learn Latin, I strongly recommend “Kennedy’s Revised Latin Primer“, for a grounding in Classical Latin.
        For a grounding in Classical Greek, I strongly recommend a grammar and reader entitled “Thrasymachus”.
        Each book is worth its weight in gold.
        Last edited by Rushing Jaws; 08-05-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X